Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 09:56 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ipod integration issue with TSX-09 tech. package

Hi All!
When trying to use ipod to play music with non-english
ID3 tags, the integration skips all the foreign characters,
so on that screen that shows playlists you see nothing at all on the line where a foreign track should have been. This is annoying, as I have lots of foreign music.
I would understand this before year 2000 maybe. But coming from Honda. In 2009. I do not understand it.

How come that silly navicomp only undersands ANSII character set? I am tired of retagging all of the mp3 files
by hand just so they would become visible on that navi screen.
Dealer has been extremely useless about this whole thing.
They even said that you know, you are in america, listen to american damn music. Damn damn damn!
Old 08-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Looking at the '15 TLX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
LOL that was a pretty crappy response from the dealer. Acura is not the only one who has the ANSI character issue. I was reading that Audi's have the same issues. Apparently these systems are expecting 100% ANSI characters and anything else throws them off. Short of re-titling the music I'm not sure how you are going to get around the bad programming of the head unit.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:03 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Stevestr
LOL that was a pretty crappy response from the dealer. Acura is not the only one who has the ANSI character issue. I was reading that Audi's have the same issues. Apparently these systems are expecting 100% ANSI characters and anything else throws them off. Short of re-titling the music I'm not sure how you are going to get around the bad programming of the head unit.
The navi system must be the same as in TL. If TL is sold in EU, they just be dealing with the international fonts and stuff. What I think I should try to do is load the european navi DVD and just see what happens.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:29 AM
Instructor

They actually handle all latin characters pretty well, including funky umlauts, accents and other symbols. I had a couple european songs that it was able to display perfectly fine, but I also have a lot of Korean music, and its basically whenever I see a blank song in the playlist, I know its korean, just not which one.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:51 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by cmasterchoe
They actually handle all latin characters pretty well, including funky umlauts, accents and other symbols. I had a couple european songs that it was able to display perfectly fine, but I also have a lot of Korean music, and its basically whenever I see a blank song in the playlist, I know its korean, just not which one.
yes, same thing exactly is happening with tracks in Russian. I dearly desire to have a fix for this problem ...
But I don't understand where to turn for help. It is like
I would be better off with iphone connected to the car at this point. Because now it has all the navi stuff built in.
So what have I paid 2.5K for????