What should my first mod be?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:28 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
What should my first mod be?

Hello everyone! This is my first post here...haha.
I currently have a stock 2010 Acura TSX.
And this is my question: What should the first thing I get on my car?!

I was thinking of getting my car lowered...
Anyone have any recommendation for which brand lowering springs?

Or maybe I should get something else first?
Old 09-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
clear bra, especially if u drive on the freeways alot! lol
Old 09-20-2010, 12:45 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
hey! welcom, what color car do you have? post osme pics!

i did lights mod on mine. but lowering def. looks more aggressive. springs depends on how low u wanna go, eibach drops 1in front n back, but some compalined that the gap between the rear and front doesnt match. H&R drops about 1.5 inch, and there are the tein ones, one has a very miminal drop, one drops about 1.6? but ppl said its about 2 when the springs settled.

comeone correct me if im wrong, i am just saying these from the top of my head from reseraching on this forum
Old 09-20-2010, 01:09 AM
Racer

Welcome to the forum TSXKid2010!
I thinking about changin my interior lighting to leds to. lol But lowering your will make ur TSX look much more better but I feel it wont look good unless u get after market rims.

Originally Posted by ed_423
hey! welcom, what color car do you have? post osme pics!

i did lights mod on mine. but lowering def. looks more aggressive. springs depends on how low u wanna go, eibach drops 1in front n back, but some compalined that the gap between the rear and front doesnt match. H&R drops about 1.5 inch, and there are the tein ones, one has a very miminal drop, one drops about 1.6? but ppl said its about 2 when the springs settled.

comeone correct me if im wrong, i am just saying these from the top of my head from reseraching on this forum
Hey ed,
How is the LED DRL's going for you? Also can u still use ur high beams?

Last edited by pbhak002; 09-20-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You may want to change your info as it state your age being 15 and owning a new TSX.
What is the legal driving age in New Orleans?

All kidding aside, clear bra is definitely a good option as our TSX paint is very soft and prone to scratches and dings.

If the roads around your area is not too good, stick with the 1" drop, otherwise Tein has very good feedback from members.

Cold Air Intake such as Injen, Takeda or CT Icebox is another option.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:24 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Haha thanks for the welcome everybody!

But there's such thing as a clear bra?! I have to drive on the freeway everyday for my commute to school...rock and New Orleans roads have done massive damage to my car already....not a pretty sight ): So a clear bra sounds like something that would really help! Does anyone have a link?

I would post pics but I'm not allowed to for 15 days? Haha. But it's Premium White Pearl...a pretty colour, but pain in the ass when it comes to color matching for little scratches and such.

I really want to lower my car 2 inches, but I'm not sure how well that would fare on New Orleans roads will allow that to go smoothly.
I'm also considering a body kit in the future, so what would be an appropriate drop?

I've always been a fan of Angel Eye headlights and really wanted to put some on my car....

And also, the "kid" in "TSXKid2010" means KID. LOL.
There's a funny long story about how a 15 year-old got a brand new TSX haha
Old 09-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TSXKid2010
Haha thanks for the welcome everybody!

But there's such thing as a clear bra?! I have to drive on the freeway everyday for my commute to school...rock and New Orleans roads have done massive damage to my car already....not a pretty sight ): So a clear bra sounds like something that would really help! Does anyone have a link?

I would post pics but I'm not allowed to for 15 days? Haha. But it's Premium White Pearl...a pretty colour, but pain in the ass when it comes to color matching for little scratches and such.

I really want to lower my car 2 inches, but I'm not sure how well that would fare on New Orleans roads will allow that to go smoothly.
I'm also considering a body kit in the future, so what would be an appropriate drop?

I've always been a fan of Angel Eye headlights and really wanted to put some on my car....

And also, the "kid" in "TSXKid2010" means KID. LOL.
There's a funny long story about how a 15 year-old got a brand new TSX haha
So ur 15 and you have a TSX? lol If thats true I'll be very envyous of you. lol Congrats thought, and white looks really good on a TSX. Anyways heres the clear bra link.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3..._the_Consumer/
Its a bit expensive (hood and bumper = about 300-400 bucks) but its worth it.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:39 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Originally Posted by pbhak002
So ur 15 and you have a TSX? lol If thats true I'll be very envyous of you. lol Congrats thought, and white looks really good on a TSX. Anyways heres the clear bra link.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3..._the_Consumer/
Its a bit expensive (hood and bumper = about 300-400 bucks) but its worth it.
Yeah it was a very lucky deal haha. More then enough for a first car >.<

Thanks! So it's like a one size fits all kind of thing?
Old 09-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Racer

Yeah it was a very lucky deal haha. More then enough for a first car >.<

Thanks! So it's like a one size fits all kind of thing?
Nope they precut the film to the specs of your car. If you search the forum they should be some members who have posted their clear bras on their cars. Its best to get it professionally install. The bra is almost invisible once install and can not be seen from a distance. I live in Southern California, and I had a small metal pipe hit my hood while I was going 70mph. The clear bra had no damage at all. Made my 400 bucks worthwhile. lol
Old 09-20-2010, 12:53 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Nope they precut the film to the specs of your car. If you search the forum they should be some members who have posted their clear bras on their cars. Its best to get it professionally install. The bra is almost invisible once install and can not be seen from a distance. I live in Southern California, and I had a small metal pipe hit my hood while I was going 70mph. The clear bra had no damage at all. Made my 400 bucks worthwhile. lol
That really woulda helped a couple months ago LOL.
Well the only problem is that the closest place that professionally installs this, according to the website, is about 100 miles away....
I don't think schoolwork will let me take that trip anytime soon haha.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Racer

That really woulda helped a couple months ago LOL.
Well the only problem is that the closest place that professionally installs this, according to the website, is about 100 miles away....
I don't think schoolwork will let me take that trip anytime soon haha.
o wow......lol..They do make diy kits. But honestly let the professionals do it. Try googling your area and clear bra see if you can find another installer. There another company call xpel i think that makes the clear bra film. Hope that helps.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:07 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

o wow......lol..They do make diy kits. But honestly let the professionals do it. Try googling your area and clear bra see if you can find another installer. There another company call xpel i think that makes the clear bra film. Hope that helps.
Alrite thanks! I'm hoping to find a local installer. The clear bra and LED interior lights seem to be most likely to be my first move!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Racer

Alrite thanks! I'm hoping to find a local installer. The clear bra and LED interior lights seem to be most likely to be my first move!
Good choice. FYI, heres a thread on led lighting
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...sx+reverse+led
Old 09-20-2010, 01:11 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Good choice. FYI, heres a thread on led lighting
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...sx+reverse+led
Haha that's where I saw it! I looked like an easy enough mod to do, and looks great!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Racer

Haha that's where I saw it! I looked like an easy enough mod to do, and looks great!
lol..im also planning on ordering all these bulbs soon. Just wondering if i want blue for my door lights. I feel they wont look good with my red TSX. lol
Old 09-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
we're getting a lot of young ones in here huh! welcome to the forum.

If it's your first mod I recommend not going with suspension. Get to know your stock suspension first and if you really don't like the look or feel then change it.

The most important thing I learned about modding is that making a change doesn't necessarily make the car better. That said, first find out what you don't like about the car the most and then change that. Personally for me it was the stock rims and steering feel.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:53 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

I'm thinking blue for my entire car haha.
Or maybe blacklights dude that'd be sick.
LOL.

Thank you for the welcome! Yeah pretty young haha ._.
I want to lower my car cuz I think it would look more aggressive and I heard it improves handling as well?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Racer

Welcome!

I'm 18. Ed's 18 too, I believe. There are few more members in their early 20's, as well.

I'd definitely recommend a clear bra as a commendable first "mod." Also, because you are a new driver, I wouldn't jump right into lowering my $30k car lol. Mom and dad probably wouldn't be too happy with that, either.

Keep it stock for a year or so. Get to know it. Learn how to be a defensive-yet-smart driver. Enjoy the car! Also, try to broaden your knowledge about cars in general. Learn about the forces that move a car and the forces that impact a car's handling. Invest your time, man. To know exactly what's going on as you blast around a canyon corner and to have total control of the car is a great, assuring feeling.

If funds are an issue at the moment, perhaps you could swing a clear bra as a Christmas gift? LOL.

Last edited by TSteezyX; 09-20-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:37 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Thanks! haha.
I have a formidable amount of knowledge of cars in general haha.

I'm sure if it's my money, they won't care :/
As long as I don't wreck it LOL.

LOL when your 15 with a source of income and no bills to pay, funds aren't that big of an issue xD
Old 09-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
nice one kid.

Then I'd say go out and get yourself a nice set of 19's and lower it and put up some pics!

Lowering definitely improves the handling by lowering the center of mass and stiffening up the suspension. Plus-sizing your rims will result in more rubber contacting the road and having less side-wall so there will be less flex when you corner.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TSteezyX
Welcome!

I'm 18. Ed's 18 too, I believe. There are few more members in their early 20's, as well.

I'd definitely recommend a clear bra as a commendable first "mod." Also, because you are a new driver, I wouldn't jump right into lowering my $30k car lol. Mom and dad probably wouldn't be too happy with that, either.

Keep it stock for a year or so. Get to know it. Learn how to be a defensive-yet-smart driver. Enjoy the car! Also, try to broaden your knowledge about cars in general. Learn about the forces that move a car and the forces that impact a car's handling. Invest your time, man. To know exactly what's going on as you blast around a canyon corner and to have total control of the car is a great, assuring feeling.

If funds are an issue at the moment, perhaps you could swing a clear bra as a Christmas gift? LOL.
I'm 19 myself and it's nice to learn that your grateful for your car. This is an entry-level LUXURY sedan. Like steez stated, be a defensive-yet-smart driver. Have your foot on the break on back street intersections...too many people blow stop signs...little things like that is crucial, especially for a younger driver...temptation to floor your Tsx should only be done moderately on the freeway..and remember, don't accelerate or break too hard on the first 700 miles..enjoy bro!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:10 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

haha yes im 18 as well. when i first started, i was a complete noob. didnt even know wtf HIDs are. LOl but i woudlnt rush on mods. reserach on the forum, drive the car more, then u'll start to know what u really want and whats good for the car and everything. enjoy the car and keep us posted with ur progress.

nice choice of color btw
Old 09-21-2010, 02:25 AM
Racer

BTW here is a very informative article for more info on the clear bra thingy.
http://www.automotivearticles.com/Clear_Bra_3M.shtml
lol I like how this guy used a pellet gun to test it. Also theres a do it yourself paragraph.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:29 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Haha, I've been creeping this forum for about a year now, and finally got to making an account.
I come from a family of car enthusiasts and I don't intend to be the only stock car for very long....LOL

HID's would be great for my car, and i'll settle for them if I can't get some decent Angel Eyes!

Flooring of my TSX is and will only ever be done on freeways of course. LOL.

I hope to be able to keep up with all my progress on this site....I have big plans for this car! haha!

Thanks for all the information about the clear car bra as well everyone!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
angels eyes doesnt look right

i like the LEDs in the turn signals. they're 12 LEDs with resistors on them and just drilled 12 holes and secure it with silicone. wired it up to the OEM harness.

Last edited by defconskylude; 09-21-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:23 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

^ Those lights are amazing o-o
Is there a kit for those lights or is it a homemade job?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
First mod should be a twin turbo w/ a 4in Quad tip exhaust. You will love it, especially at 15 years old. It will only cost your parents a few thousand dollars.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:55 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
First mod should be a twin turbo w/ a 4in Quad tip exhaust. You will love it, especially at 15 years old. It will only cost your parents a few thousand dollars.
I'm taking that as sarcasm. LOL.
Is there twin turbos that fit the 2nd gen TSX?
I thought it was still being developed by CTE?
Old 09-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Drifting

^ Those lights are amazing o-o
Is there a kit for those lights or is it a homemade job?
theyre custom made
Old 09-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Is there twin turbos that fit the 2nd gen TSX?
I thought it was still being developed by CTE?
CTE is making a supercharger for our car, Rob at Acura of Lynnwood has the prototype installed in his car, not sure when they will bring it to market.

Don't mind about a bit of sarcasm, it's part of being a member in a forum.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:02 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Originally Posted by defconskylude
theyre custom made
I want them haha!
They look so great.

Originally Posted by 09TSXTech
CTE is making a supercharger for our car, Rob at Acura of Lynnwood has the prototype installed in his car, not sure when they will bring it to market.

Don't mind about a bit of sarcasm, it's part of being a member in a forum.
Oh yeah, it was a supercharger.
Maybe by then I'll have enough to get one for my car haha!

And yeah, I figured.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Drifting

how much money do you have for modding?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:30 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Originally Posted by defconskylude
how much money do you have for modding?
Currently ~1K? Somewhere around there.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Drifting

narrow it down to what you want first

looks, performance, audio, suspension
Old 09-22-2010, 04:43 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

I'm thinking looks and performance first
Old 09-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Drifting

check out www.fiberglassforums.com if you want to dive into DIY projects with fiberglassing/body work, audio, woodwork, metal/welding, etc
Old 09-27-2010, 05:39 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

I decided on my first "mod"...
LOL
A chrome "illest" badge YEAH.
Any placement ideas?
I'm thinking about putting it right above "TSX" so it'll be "illest TSX"
LOL :P
And also, I'm looking into buying a rear windshield spoiler.
I need one that'll match the Mugen wind visors, as I'm planning to get those too :P
Anyone? haha
Old 09-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
I decided on my first "mod"...
LOL
A chrome "illest" badge YEAH.
Any placement ideas?
ok, "illest" has a reputation and a certain image to it and Im sorry to say that you should not be rockin it. Even then, a chrome "illest" badge is kind of ricy. But whatever floats your boat
Old 09-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Je t'aime...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First performance: Intake
First cosmetics(looks): Tints/Visors.

Just my opinion.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:12 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

please dont put illest emblem on

Quick Reply: What should my first mod be?