The TSX from hell, need to vent, and need advice if possible

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The TSX from hell, need to vent, and need advice if possible

Hey guys,

As most of you know from my previous posts my tsx has been in both a front and rear end collision and suffered quite a bit of damage both times. Here we are roughly three months after the accident(s) and this car is a constant maintenance nightmare now, some issues are a direct result of the accident(s) so obviously I dont blame the car but more and more "other" issues keep showing up too. So here it goes.

1.) Tires need to be re-balanced roughly every 3 weeks at about $50 a pop and no-one even the dealer can indicate why (result of the accident I'm sure)

2.) Needs an alignment about every 5 weeks (Luckily bought a 3 year alignment policy from a tire shop so price isnt as much of an issue anymore.

3.)TSX's were never that quiet to begin with but now mine is almost unbearable, anything over 50MPH elicits terrible tire noise (Again with no explanation as to why) also tons of low speed clunking and other strange noises from the rear end

Now here is a list of issues that may or may not be accident related that just surfaced in the last 7 days (have an appointment with the dealer monday, just dont have the time at the moment)

1.) Drivers seat feels like its only halfway bolted in, slides forward and back when accelerating/deccelerating, generally feels uncomfortable to sit in (I'm not a huge guy either)

2.) Passenger front seat wont move at all

3.) Engine pings around 3500 RPM in spite of always using 93 Gasoline

4.) Sound of fuel sloshing around in tank

5.) Brake rotors seem to be warped

6.) All of the door courtesy lights are out

7.) The trim leading from the top of the windshield down to the A-pillar I think its called? is coming apart and rattles above 60mph

8.) Navigation and radio frequently freeze (I.E. screen stays stuck on a road I'm not even on and radio wont change) Solution: Pull over and turn off and turn back on

9.) Reverse camera works when it wants to, which is not often

10.) Cupholder door wont stay closed

And last but not least a very annoying glovebox rattle

Just want to know if any of you have been through any of this, and what else can I possibly do to remedy all these reccuring issues, plus is there hope in the dealership resolving the recent problems? Took the car by carmax over the weekend and they valued it at $14,500 being that they noticed frame damage, and payoff on this vehicle is in the high 20's lets just leave it at that, I feel like I'm stuck with an expensive junk heap and dont know what to do.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:47 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
If there's frame damage, how come ur insurance didn't cover u for more money to fix it? Who did teh repairs on ur car???

#7 is a known problem. There's a TSB on it. Check the TSB thread for it.

For every other problem, it looks like whoever gave u back yoru car after "fixing" it did a piss poor shitty ass job. You should not have taken your car back from the mechanic when u noticed these issues. Seriously...tire issues and alignment issues every 5 weeks...who has the time to keep going to the shop to get that fixed. This is utter bs and I'm surprised you haven't raised hell with your insurance company or the repair shop.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
you ARE stuck with an expensive junk heap.

other than the warped rotors (which happened to me too and my TSX has been just dandy otherwise) it sounds like your car got seriously fucked up in the last two accidents its been in

have you uh tried taking your car to an acura dealership for service?
Old 10-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
oh..my god...that sounds downright terrible. sorry to hear about your problems...Its unfortunate you have to go through so many problems..thats alotta money to be spending so constantly.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:41 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
damn sorry to hear that bro.

but some of the issues you've listed are factory faults as well and might not be directly caused by the accident.

issues 3, 4, 5, 7, 10 are for sure it, considering some people here including myself have experienced all of those in our tsx too. sometimes my back up cam doesnt work, rarely, but it happens though and i need to restart the car in order for it to function.

Electronic malfunction, and the other stuff I numbered can be fixed by ur dealer and have been documented as malfunctions....under warranty (if youre car is still under warranty that is). Seems like most of the problems you're experiencing after the accident are towards the alignment of your vehicle.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Good Vibes

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Is your car a "salvage" title now?
Old 10-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by islandbeef
Is your car a "salvage" title now?
I really am not sure Im guessing it is but I've never dealt with this before so I have no idea if its a salvage title. Got a service appointment with the dealership for saturday morning so hopefully this can get resolved, its just getting old that this car spends more time getting things fixed than it actually does driving now more then ever I miss my problem free 1G that I traded thanks to the new car itch.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:19 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
How can you not know if its salvage or not? What did your insurance company say???
Old 10-19-2011, 02:08 PM
TSX 6MT 11 / MDX Tech 14

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Did you try to collect diminished value from the insurance company to help offset the vehicle value lost due to the accident? Of course this only applies if you're at no fault and varies by states.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:13 PM
PWP 2010 TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, that's really unfortunate to hear! Good luck!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:46 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
Call the insurance of the other party if they're at fault and bitch to them until you get your car into the state it was in before the accident.