Summer set up for my 2G TSX

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 08:28 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Summer set up for my 2G TSX

Hey everyone haven't posted here in a while since we had a really rough winter and I haven't been able to do much with the TSX.

I just purchased TEIN Street Basis coilovers for her and I plan on putting them on this weekend. I went with this coilovers because I only need about a 2 - 2 1/4 inch drop since I don't want to slam it and there are some rough roads in Central Jersey. Will I need an alignment after I put the coilovers (I am sticking with stock wheels and rims for now).

Also I am looking to do a full details on her as well. But should I clay the car? I'm always parked in a lot for work and its always sitting outside. There has been a lot of snow this winter as well.

So basically my questions are: Do I need an alignment after installing the coilovers

and

Will I need to clay the car? Can you guys recommend a clay bar and other things I will need like which kind of wax I will need. Any links to products that I can just go ahead and purchase or tutorials on how to detail a car are appreciated.

Bonus question:
I was thinking about plasti dipping the rims and the fog light cover, I was thinking white. Any ideas or recommendations.

This is the first time I am doing anything with a car so sorry if these questions seem stupid, just trying to start a passion here.

Here she is:
Old 04-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by bryansmTSX13
So basically my questions are: Do I need an alignment after installing the coilovers

Yes you do. Anytime you modify suspension you should get alignment done.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:24 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by JDMaccord3.5
Yes you do. Anytime you modify suspension you should get alignment done.
Great thanks for your response. Have you done any detail?
Old 04-08-2014, 10:37 AM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

Received 856 Likes on 643 Posts
You will need allignment for sure

As for detailing, It depends what you want to do.
Waxing the car isn't really a detail since all you are doing is temporarily filling in the scratches with wax. And you don't need to clay bar if you are only going to wax.

If you want do it properly... wash, clay bar, compound, polish, wax / seal. In that order.
That's the proper way to do paint correction, get rid of scratches and swirls and also protect the paint.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:30 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by iCrap
You will need allignment for sure

As for detailing, It depends what you want to do.
Waxing the car isn't really a detail since all you are doing is temporarily filling in the scratches with wax. And you don't need to clay bar if you are only going to wax.

If you want do it properly... wash, clay bar, compound, polish, wax / seal. In that order.
That's the proper way to do paint correction, get rid of scratches and swirls and also protect the paint.
Yes it's definitely something I want to try, if I'm going to do it I want to do it right. Do you have any product recommendations.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:39 AM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

Received 856 Likes on 643 Posts
So for the clay bar i used the Meguiars kit.. (Clay bars are all very similar anyways)

You will need a dual action polisher to do it properly.. doing it by hand especially on our black paint is hopeless.

The harbor freight DA was good enough for me, $60ish...

I bought Lake County CCS orange and gold pads from Autogeek, i also bought the Wolfgang polish, compound and finishing glaze
http://www.autogeek.net/wococarca.html

For wax i used Megiars but it's not the greatest, i just had it sitting around.
I did my car last weekend and it turned out great, still need to take pictures though.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
After suspension alignment is needed ...

Also if your looking into detaling your car... I'd recommend a wash,clay,cut,polish,and seal aka wax... Especially on a black car

I do detailing any questions or interest hit me up