Steering back lighting different than instrument panel

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steering back lighting different than instrument panel

Why do you think the steering wheel backlighting is greenish compared to the blueish color on the IP? Is the green a backlight color on another Acura vehicle that shares the same steering wheel? Could it be to understate the steering wheel to the driver for differentiation purposes, or even light annoyances?
Old 04-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I think, an engineer most have felt like the same light was to bright and/or distracting to be that close to you.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Racer

Sometimes I wonder if its just Honda trying to be cheap and use what they have. Has anyone seen the inside of a new US Accord sedan at night? Everything is a different color! The steering wheel buttons, gauges, power window door buttons, climate control buttons and knobs, stereo, and overhead "mood" light are ALL different colors. varying shades of green and white, with the overhead light blue (its the same overhead console as in the TSX). Talk about being cheap and not matching! They're not just a little different, they're very different! LOL
Old 04-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Intermediate

We have a US Accord and a TSX. I agree about the Accord's varying shades of lighting but I don't think it looks horrible. One thing I'm not too keen on is in the Accord the climate controls all have a green tint while the audio controls all have a white/blue tint (except for the steering wheel controls, which are of a green tint). Somewhere on the website Honda explained the color difference saying that they chose different colors so you could easily tell which buttons were for climate and which were for audio.... whatever.

I also dislike the blue ambient lighting in the Accord (ours has the footwell lighting as well). I wish it were white.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok Acura did take the cheap way out on the TSX Wheel. I just got a 2009 TL and the light on the wheel is the same color as the dash.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this irritates the hell out of me if they were so concerned with nighttime visibility then they would have made all the interior lighting red (red is the only color that doesnt interfere with your eyes adjusting to the darkness) clearly a cost cutting move by acura