AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TSX (2009-2014) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/)
-   -   Splash Guards - '12 TSX SE (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/splash-guards-12-tsx-se-852002/)

GameOver69 03-26-2012 02:59 PM

Splash Guards - '12 TSX SE

Are there any ACURA OEM Splash Guards for the SE?? no issues finding them for the base model... just wondering if the underbody kit has anything to do with it, or if its just me that cant find it anywhere online.

KillerG 03-26-2012 03:32 PM

the underbody kit interferes with the aero side skirts mounting point so you cant add mudflaps without heavy modifications to your oem side skirts

GameOver69 03-26-2012 05:46 PM

figured as much. Thanks Killer

ceb 03-26-2012 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by KillerG (Post 13654563)
the underbody kit interferes with the aero side skirts mounting point so you cant add mudflaps without heavy modifications to your oem side skirts or to the splash guards.

Fixed it for you :thumbsup:

KillerG 03-26-2012 06:28 PM

Yep yep, I don't know how you would do it, defcon it though with his type s replica skirts. I imagine you would still mount the
Splash into their oem points and slice of the skirts so they terminate into them somehow. I quite like the mud flaps

PyroDave 03-26-2012 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by KillerG (Post 13655001)
Yep yep, I don't know how you would do it, defcon it though with his type s replica skirts. I imagine you would still mount the
Splash into their oem points and slice of the skirts so they terminate into them somehow. I quite like the mud flaps

but that would void your warranty ;) could take off the side skirts and put on regular ones and mudflaps if you really want

ceb 03-26-2012 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by PyroDave (Post 13655027)
but that would void your warranty ;) could take off the side skirts and put on regular ones and mudflaps if you really want

It would only void the warranty on your moon roof :tongue:

6MTSX 07-31-2012 03:21 AM

Sorry to revive an old thread, but theoretically, the rear flaps should be able to fit on the SE rear bumper. Can anyone confirm this? The fronts need modification obviously.

spyked 07-31-2012 08:13 AM

Keep in mind, the splash guards make your wheels and track look sorta skinny from behind. They flare out over the body work and tires. Bad design IMO. After a couple of months I removed mine (my '11 came with that splash guards, trunk tray, and wheel locks) and I prefer the clean look.

ceb 07-31-2012 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by spyked (Post 13940216)
Keep in mind, the splash guards make your wheels and track look sorta skinny from behind. They flare out over the body work and tires. Bad design IMO. After a couple of months I removed mine (my '11 came with that splash guards, trunk tray, and wheel locks) and I prefer the clean look.

Uhhh, the purpose of splash guards is to save your wheel arches from damage. Accordingly, they have to "flare out." Not a bad design at all - just one that you apparently don't like.

spyked 07-31-2012 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by ceb (Post 13940262)
Uhhh, the purpose of splash guards is to save your wheel arches from damage. Accordingly, they have to "flare out." Not a bad design at all - just one that you apparently don't like.

Uhhh...more often than not, splash guards don't protect anything and certainly don't guard the car from splashes. In fact, as I found out, they actually damage the paint (could have been crap "installation" work) and TRAP chemicals and salt (on front guards). ***If anyone gets them added on, be super-careful during installation and especially during removal.***

You might not like it, or realize it, but Honda USA is known for adding this extra stuff on cars at port/dealer so they can charge more money. Happened since the 1980's when my parents were buying them. Fact is, Honda/Acura designed the car from a looks point of view without splash guards. As Honda (especially Acura) owners, we gotta take what little good there is from a looks point of view. The splash guards, in my opinion, make the cars wheels look small and in-set from the body. Camry/Corolla anyone?

Whatever floats your boat, obviously, just adding my opinion for the OPs consideration before he/she goes cutting up his factory-fresh car.

09TSXer 07-31-2012 09:12 PM

I was leaving work yesterday and a few parking spaces from my car was another 2nd gen TSX in my color. (first time I have seen another GBM in person) Anyways, mine has the splash guards, body side moldings, and wing spoiler while the other TSX had none of these accessories. It looked so PLAIN to me compared to mine. I love the added lines these accessories make to the car. just my .02

PyroDave 07-31-2012 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by 09TSXer (Post 13942335)
I was leaving work yesterday and a few parking spaces from my car was another 2nd gen TSX in my color. (first time I have seen another GBM in person) Anyways, mine has the splash guards, body side moldings, and wing spoiler while the other TSX had none of these accessories. It looked so PLAIN to me compared to mine. I love the added lines these accessories make to the car. just my .02

i'll partially agree with this. Bigman09 has a VBP with the splash guards and wing, and mine is clean. i love the way the splash guard looks, the wing is not my thing, i love the decklid spoiler. body side moldings arent my thing though. this is all opinion though

UTAH TSX 08-01-2012 02:56 AM

Lets see some pictures from all angles Iwas thinking about these but maybe not if it makes it look skinny from behind

Simba91102 08-01-2012 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by spyked (Post 13941894)
Uhhh...more often than not, splash guards don't protect anything and certainly don't guard the car from splashes. In fact, as I found out, they actually damage the paint (could have been crap "installation" work) and TRAP chemicals and salt (on front guards). ***If anyone gets them added on, be super-careful during installation and especially during removal.***

You might not like it, or realize it, but Honda USA is known for adding this extra stuff on cars at port/dealer so they can charge more money. Happened since the 1980's when my parents were buying them. Fact is, Honda/Acura designed the car from a looks point of view without splash guards. As Honda (especially Acura) owners, we gotta take what little good there is from a looks point of view. The splash guards, in my opinion, make the cars wheels look small and in-set from the body. Camry/Corolla anyone?

Whatever floats your boat, obviously, just adding my opinion for the OPs consideration before he/she goes cutting up his factory-fresh car.

This is one man's opinion folks, but I beg to differ. After 172K miles and 7 and half years, the splash guards on my 05 have done an amazing job of protecting the side skirts and the rear bumper from any damage caused by flying debri from the tires. And if you run aftermarket wheels with less offset, they're even more critical. I won't disagree that they can wear the paint under them, but as long as you leave them on, so what? I've always been a fan of OE splash guards, and Honda has always done a nice job with them (all just my opinion of course....).

ceb 08-01-2012 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Simba91102 (Post 13943004)
This is one man's opinion folks, but I beg to differ. After 172K miles and 7 and half years, the splash guards on my 05 have done an amazing job of protecting the side skirts and the rear bumper from any damage caused by flying debri from the tires. And if you run aftermarket wheels with less offset, they're even more critical. I won't disagree that they can wear the paint under them, but as long as you leave them on, so what? I've always been a fan of OE splash guards, and Honda has always done a nice job with them (all just my opinion of course....).

I wasn't going to reply to him because he equates "I don't like how they look" with "bad design."

An easy way of eliminating any paint damage caused by the guards is to prep the area properly before installation and to cover the area behind the guards with a piece of clearbra. That's available in rolls at virtually any auto parts store.

nj2pa2nc 08-01-2012 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by ceb (Post 13943029)
I wasn't going to reply to him because he equates "I don't like how they look" with "bad design."

An easy way of eliminating any paint damage caused by the guards is to prep the area properly before installation and to cover the area behind the guards with a piece of clearbra. That's available in rolls at virtually any auto parts store.

Have the guards on my tsx with no plans to take them off. If the paint behind them is damaged the guards cover it.

spyked 08-01-2012 07:41 AM

guys, guys, I feel like I should say, I'm not straight up hatin on some plastic splash guards. I lived with mine for almost a year! I'm saying, for the OP who has a brand new SE, consider the guards from all sides. The SE is different because you can't just put them on, you have to mess up the factory's nice work on the extra bits of car the SE gives you. If there is any chance you will decide the guards take away from the look of the car, you'll hate yourself if you went and screwed with the actual panels of the car.

I honestly don't care if every TSX has guards. I notice lots of Altimas have them too. I'm just saying, IN THIS CASE, it's not as easy to add and remove them since they aren't SE specific guards. Be sure you want them.

Didn't realize this board would have such attitude and be so unwelcoming of opinions.

curtdragon 06-17-2014 06:14 PM

I wish I knew this before I bought them...

xtcnrice 06-17-2014 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by curtdragon (Post 15051665)
I wish I knew this before I bought them...

Hey if you have a BWP, sell me the rears :)

curtdragon 06-19-2014 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by xtcnrice (Post 15051757)
Hey if you have a BWP, sell me the rears :)

I'm sending them back for a refund since i can't use them. Only would sell them as a set

curtdragon 06-19-2014 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by curtdragon (Post 15054180)
I'm sending them back for a refund since i can't use them. Only would sell them as a set

I have CBP