So the tsx sport wagon is the slowest selling car in America...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 07:10 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 952 Posts
Originally Posted by Simba91102
Great comments by the wagon gang (sounds like the vast majority of people who have bought one are here).
Everybody who got a wagon is here. Some of us have created multiple usernames in order to make it look like more were sold.

The way I look at it, it is a very rare, limited edition car, that will go up in value. In the year 2063 I'll be able to sell it for $29 million - equal to $3.95 in 2013 dollars.
The following 2 users liked this post by ceb:
PPower (10-04-2013), robpp (10-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013, 11:08 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

Received 856 Likes on 643 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
Everybody who got a wagon is here. Some of us have created multiple usernames in order to make it look like more were sold.

The way I look at it, it is a very rare, limited edition car, that will go up in value. In the year 2063 I'll be able to sell it for $29 million - equal to $3.95 in 2013 dollars.
Good luck with that!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:22 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife has a sportwagon (I have an 07 TSX) and we both love the car. I think people feel that anything less than a full-on SUV is compromising...I don't, especially when we're getting 25+ MPG.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts
Problem is that for $4k more, you can get an RDX that dealers are probably working deals to narrow the price gap, get the same fuel economy but with AWD and V6/6AT. That's the same fuel economy on paper, but I don't know about real world results. Still, if you go in planning on the wagon and see little selection, you will get exposed to the RDX and likely take it for a spin. The TSX wagon just doesn't make sense to most people because of this.

Here's another reason I believe CUVs are more popular than hatches, and I have never heard anybody else throw this out there. The USA has some tall fellas. Quite a few have to duck to get below the open hatch of a wagon/hatchback, but they can stand underneath something raised a bit. Load height is also more comfortable. I noticed this with Volvo V70 vs. XC70 where nobody would even look at a V70. When I lowered my wagon, I have it just low enough that I can stand under my open hatch without bumping my head, but I'm only 5'9" plus shoe soles. So a 6' person might just barely fit under a stock hatch, but anybody taller must bend down.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb

My comments were tongue in cheek, and I agree that the TSX wagon is a very nice car. Ironically, I happen to be an avid station wagon guy, having had one in the driveway on and off for over 30 years (including a very fast S4 Avant that was AT, silver on silver, and probably one of one in the US). I don't need a wagon right now, but if I did, personally, it wouldn't occur me to to cross shop the TSX with a cute-ute like the RDX (I'm a car guy, and I needed a truck, or anything like a truck, I'd buy.... a truck). I can see where it probably does happen though. The demise of the car is a shame since the TSX is one of only a couple of mid size wagons, and it's days are numbered. But.... the market has spoken.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:53 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Simba91102
My comments were tongue in cheek, and I agree that the TSX wagon is a very nice car. Ironically, I happen to be an avid station wagon guy, having had one in the driveway on and off for over 30 years (including a very fast S4 Avant that was AT, silver on silver, and probably one of one in the US). I don't need a wagon right now, but if I did, personally, it wouldn't occur me to to cross shop the TSX with a cute-ute like the RDX (I'm a car guy, and I needed a truck, or anything like a truck, I'd buy.... a truck). I can see where it probably does happen though. The demise of the car is a shame since the TSX is one of only a couple of mid size wagons, and it's days are numbered. But.... the market has spoken.
as were mine I too have had lots of wagons, most recently an S6 avant and thereafter a couple of mini-wagons (aka hatchbacks.)
Old 10-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I am just sad that Acura is losing its grip... I love my 13 TSX but it is also sad that wagon is not selling all that well... we need to get rid of ILX and continue TSX... TSX and TLX... what a compromise!!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:41 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

I'm helping improve wagon sales - I just bought another.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ceb
I'm helping improve wagon sales - I just bought another.
An additional or replacement?
Old 10-22-2013, 07:53 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by PPower
An additional or replacement?
Replacement unfortunately.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:29 AM
wagon owner

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
Replacement unfortunately.
Accident or stolen?
Wait...who would steal one of these? What am i thinking.
Though i still use the club so go figure.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:38 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by kball
Accident or stolen?
Wait...who would steal one of these? What am i thinking.
Though i still use the club so go figure.
Accident unfortunately. I was rearended at a traffic light by a fellow in a Mercedes who was trying to change lanes to beat the traffic that was starting to move in the next lane over. He said he didn't even see that I was stopped as I was waiting for a pedestrian to cross when he floored it.

His Benz was most likely totalled (2008 E350) with driver's airbag deploying and everything to the front wheel on the passenger side destroyed.

My damage was in the $10k range and I walked away with a concussion and whiplash.

A E350 with Neck-Pro might have lessened my whiplash but I couldn't afford $60k+ for a car while we're building a house.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:32 AM
wagon owner

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
Accident unfortunately. I was rearended at a traffic light by a fellow in a Mercedes who was trying to change lanes to beat the traffic that was starting to move in the next lane over. He said he didn't even see that I was stopped as I was waiting for a pedestrian to cross when he floored it.

His Benz was most likely totalled (2008 E350) with driver's airbag deploying and everything to the front wheel on the passenger side destroyed.

My damage was in the $10k range and I walked away with a concussion and whiplash.

A E350 with Neck-Pro might have lessened my whiplash but I couldn't afford $60k+ for a car while we're building a house.
Damn. Wishing a quick and full recovery.
Did u get the exact same wagon color and everything or mix it up a bit
Old 10-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Post some pics of the accident in the general thread ceb
Old 10-22-2013, 02:34 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by kball
Damn. Wishing a quick and full recovery.
Did u get the exact same wagon color and everything or mix it up a bit
Thanks. The concussion is mostly gone (it's been a month) but the neck and back are still pretty whacked.

Funny, I felt fine right after the accident and contied on to work, but was still feeling foggy that evening so I went to the ER. I still felt poorly a few days later so I went to the orthopedic who took some x-rays that showed my neck pretty much messed up. I hope it'll be fine but it will take time.

No, I wanted to be like my dad Robpp, so I got graphite. I understand it is the fastest color out there.

It is getting a clearbra on Thursday (I skipped that on my white one) and I'll do opti-coat on the weekend. This will certainly be harder to keep clean than the white, but the black interior will be much easier.

The new car just arrived in port last week (although it is a '13) and has 3 miles on the odometer. I'm picking it up tonight.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
Thanks. The concussion is mostly gone (it's been a month) but the neck and back are still pretty whacked.

Funny, I felt fine right after the accident and contied on to work, but was still feeling foggy that evening so I went to the ER. I still felt poorly a few days later so I went to the orthopedic who took some x-rays that showed my neck pretty much messed up. I hope it'll be fine but it will take time.

No, I wanted to be like my dad Robpp, so I got graphite. I understand it is the fastest color out there.

It is getting a clearbra on Thursday (I skipped that on my white one) and I'll do opti-coat on the weekend. This will certainly be harder to keep clean than the white, but the black interior will be much easier.

The new car just arrived in port last week (although it is a '13) and has 3 miles on the odometer. I'm picking it up tonight.
Wow, sorry to hear you're feeling crappy after all that. Is his insurance taking care of you well? It's pretty reassuring how good a wagon is after you got yours wrecked youre getting another one. He must've been going at least 40MPH to total his car and do that much damage to your vehicle. I'm surprised that your car stuck to the ground and didnt hit any pedestrians crossing!

At least he hit you from behind and isn't trying to fight you on it. I had someone run a stop sign and hit my fender. After everything (cop never came) she told my insurance there was no stop sign. They called BS, and confirmed it by going out to the site and investigating.

Good luck on your recovery and you second time around on the car
Old 10-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Graphite Ghost

Received 405 Likes on 324 Posts
Glmftmfw
Old 10-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
GLM is for the cool kids.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:58 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by philarious
Wow, sorry to hear you're feeling crappy after all that. Is his insurance taking care of you well? It's pretty reassuring how good a wagon is after you got yours wrecked youre getting another one. He must've been going at least 40MPH to total his car and do that much damage to your vehicle. I'm surprised that your car stuck to the ground and didnt hit any pedestrians crossing!

At least he hit you from behind and isn't trying to fight you on it. I had someone run a stop sign and hit my fender. After everything (cop never came) she told my insurance there was no stop sign. They called BS, and confirmed it by going out to the site and investigating.

Good luck on your recovery and you second time around on the car
He admitted to me, his insurance and the cop that he didn't even see that I was there. The right lane I was in goes away right after the light so he was trying to beat a car in the left lane and was looking in his rear view mirror instead of straight ahead.

When he hit me he pushed me across two lanes of traffic and into a median curb. The pedestrian sprinted out of the way, changed his shorts and sprinted off.

The insurance company seems OK but they tried to put me into a KIA Rio. After a longish discussion they put me into a Mazda6 - the stripper versions are really bad.

I contemplated the safety vs that of different cars but figured that it did its job.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:00 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by opboarding
Great - then I'm a cool kid
Old 10-23-2013, 12:26 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb

Geez Ceb I know it's been a month, but I hope you continue to get well, especially your neck. Take it easy, Man.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by opboarding
I've always known I was a bit off. Milano Red should would be visible to other drivers. GLM is going to blend in with asphalt.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:01 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

I've always known I was a bit off. Milano Red should would be visible to other drivers. GLM is going to blend in with asphalt.
True, but since GLM is the fastest color you can color me gone

On a serious note, I did consider that. Red isn't a color I'd choose for a car, Forged is a bit too bland for me, black is a PITA to keep clean, I just had a white and there wasn't a blue in country or inbound.

I would have happily been like you, grandpa, if they'd had a vortex around.
The following users liked this post:
PPower (10-23-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 08:05 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
Geez Ceb I know it's been a month, but I hope you continue to get well, especially your neck. Take it easy, Man.
Thanks. I had always written off whiplash as something you wear a collar for, people laugh at and it goes away by itself in a week or two.

I had not considered the long lasting pain in the neck (literally) that this is.
The following users liked this post:
Acura_Dude (10-23-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
He admitted to me, his insurance and the cop that he didn't even see that I was there. The right lane I was in goes away right after the light so he was trying to beat a car in the left lane and was looking in his rear view mirror instead of straight ahead.

When he hit me he pushed me across two lanes of traffic and into a median curb. The pedestrian sprinted out of the way, changed his shorts and sprinted off.

The insurance company seems OK but they tried to put me into a KIA Rio. After a longish discussion they put me into a Mazda6 - the stripper versions are really bad.

I contemplated the safety vs that of different cars but figured that it did its job.
Holy crap. 2 lanes of traffic?!? That is crazy.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ceb
After a longish discussion they put me into a Mazda6 - the stripper versions are really bad.
I'm guessing it's a bit trashy and must be a stick shift.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:32 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

I'm guessing it's a bit trashy and must be a stick shift.
..and you're ashamed to be seen with it and don't want to bring it home to mother...
Old 10-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
yup whiplash is a fun one. your C2-4 will probably hate you for a while, PT for it, if neccessary is fun... imagine wearing a helmet made of straps, with the ears extending down to your waist to hook a weight onto the sides. then nod your head in various ways ;D

i usually convince people to take the ride to the hospital to get checked out if it was anything worse than a minor fender bender. we don't charge, and even if we did, auto insurance companies take care of it 100%, supersedes medical ins
Old 10-24-2013, 07:30 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by PyroDave
yup whiplash is a fun one. your C2-4 will probably hate you for a while, PT for it, if neccessary is fun... imagine wearing a helmet made of straps, with the ears extending down to your waist to hook a weight onto the sides. then nod your head in various ways ;D

i usually convince people to take the ride to the hospital to get checked out if it was anything worse than a minor fender bender. we don't charge, and even if we did, auto insurance companies take care of it 100%, supersedes medical ins
Yep, my C's aren't happy, neither is my shoulder with shooting pains going down to my elbow. Even my L4/5 took a hit. You've got PT that's fun?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:49 AM
Make it #7!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
I recently read that the ZDX was in the top ten lowest car sales in the US. http://blog.caranddriver.com/acura-t...er-after-2013/
The local Honda dealers are still trying to give away their 2012 Crosstours. Bad ideas from a good car maker.

Last edited by 5 Acuras; 10-24-2013 at 07:52 AM.