Purchasing a 2012 TSX SE

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I recommend the MR also. I have one, and I've yet to see another 2G TSX in this color. I get compliments on it all the time--even when it's filthy as hell.
The following users liked this post:
sth90 (07-10-2012)
Old 07-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks LC2ner! I'm really leaning towards the MR.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
Specific to colors, for 2013 Milano Red with Parchment interior is being offered on the "regular" TSX as well. Still, likely, will not be overly common.

The Special Edition is such a nice package, inside and out. You cannot go wrong with it, in any of the 4 colors!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
Originally Posted by beach109
Specific to colors, for 2013 Milano Red with Parchment interior is being offered on the "regular" TSX as well. Still, likely, will not be overly common.

The Special Edition is such a nice package, inside and out. You cannot go wrong with it, in any of the 4 colors!
i just wish the SE was offered in Vortex Blue
Old 07-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Cruisin'

Beach109 - Aw, that sucks. They really should leave the MR exclusive to the SE package. But that's true, I'm going with the SE either way!

PyroDave - Agreed. That would be my top choice hands-down.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Cruisin'

How do you know that about the'13, beach109?
Old 07-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by STRAN
Hope this can help you decide:
My MR TSX SE on BC COILOVERS.
Love the car, love the color. My preference when buying the SE was RED/White , Silver, then black. Hope you decide the right one.

DSC_0406 by s.tran_408, on Flickr

DSC_0402 by s.tran_408, on Flickr

WOW! Beautiful car! How did you get your yellow bulbs to look like that... is it an overlay? or did you take the picture when the drl's were on? Also how is the ride on the coils? I absolutely love the ride on stock, but it definitely needs MOAR low in terms of appearance.

Anyway to the point of his forum:

Decide what specs you want (Color, Tech, etc.)
Take a look at TrueCar Pricing in your area or Costco (which does dealers cost + $100).

Go check if you qualify under the terms of the recent grad program (expires 9/5/12) which from the consumer side if you read the terms it clearly states that you can get 1.9% for 60 months for well qualified buyers and those buyers who qualify under the grad program. (It reads that one is not inclusive of the other).

In any case this should technically be no problem for you. Unfortunately the dealership made the price a no hassle thing, however the interest rate was ran and i was about 40 points off from top tier and they showed us a secret "internal document" which stated that we needed to be a top tier customer to qualify for this program...When asked if we could have a copy of this document, they firmly said that this is an internal document that consumers cant see (I can't see the FTC being too happy with these kind of dealings). In any case, we continued playing hardball and were able to secure the 1.9% (which shouldn't have been an issue as we were entitled it. Another nice feature of this program is that there is no payment for 90 days and interest does not start accruing until day 61 ( so you pay for principle month 4 + interest month 4+ interest month 3), which is nice for someone like me who does not start working full time until October.

Last part of the negotiations involve the trade in value of the car. This effectively is where they can recoop all the "savings" they gave to us. I got $1700 off the MSRP, saved about $2000 in financing from what they originally offered me (5% lol). I really should have asked them to value my trade in earlier in the game, as at this point they can state any number to help em out. KBB states that my auction value is $9000 for my car, of which I was offered $7500 due to the dealer "costs" to prepare the vehicle to be salable. These costs were written out and clearly made up to make the "numbers work." In any case I sort of knew I shot myself in the foot here and was against the wall. I told them 8 grand or bust (didnt want to deal with private sale of a heavily modified car) and after about an hour past closing of the dealership, the deal was approved. I was stoked I got to take home my 6mt SE baby.

Sorry for this long story, but I hope it helps you out in negotiating a good price. There are effectively three areas which they can get you- Price, Financing, and Trade-In. Print out all details- having the advertised program printed from the Dealership website along with all proper documentation put them in a position to honor that (with resistance mind you). As we were signing the installment sale contract, it turned out the payments were correct ( because we had run what if situations at home to estimate the pmts). One thing that was not correct was the delay of the start of the first payment... kind of scary for a kid with limited savings and a $500 car payment. Don't sign until you know everything is correct.

If you have any questions, let me know!
Old 08-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
I hear Milano red going to be available on reg/tech tsx for 2013 replacing the basque red.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I like the white, but the red is so sexy and would be unique since you dont see that many on the road.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:22 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by JTRADAR61
I hear Milano red going to be available on reg/tech tsx for 2013 replacing the basque red.
Which doesn't make that color exclusive anymore.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:53 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
Which doesn't make that color exclusive anymore.
probably with parchmont int. and no MT. BUMMER
Old 08-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by 6MTSX
WOW! Beautiful car! How did you get your yellow bulbs to look like that... is it an overlay? or did you take the picture when the drl's were on? Also how is the ride on the coils? I absolutely love the ride on stock, but it definitely needs MOAR low in terms of appearance.

Anyway to the point of his forum:

Decide what specs you want (Color, Tech, etc.)
Take a look at TrueCar Pricing in your area or Costco (which does dealers cost + $100).

Go check if you qualify under the terms of the recent grad program (expires 9/5/12) which from the consumer side if you read the terms it clearly states that you can get 1.9% for 60 months for well qualified buyers and those buyers who qualify under the grad program. (It reads that one is not inclusive of the other).

In any case this should technically be no problem for you. Unfortunately the dealership made the price a no hassle thing, however the interest rate was ran and i was about 40 points off from top tier and they showed us a secret "internal document" which stated that we needed to be a top tier customer to qualify for this program...When asked if we could have a copy of this document, they firmly said that this is an internal document that consumers cant see (I can't see the FTC being too happy with these kind of dealings). In any case, we continued playing hardball and were able to secure the 1.9% (which shouldn't have been an issue as we were entitled it. Another nice feature of this program is that there is no payment for 90 days and interest does not start accruing until day 61 ( so you pay for principle month 4 + interest month 4+ interest month 3), which is nice for someone like me who does not start working full time until October.

Last part of the negotiations involve the trade in value of the car. This effectively is where they can recoop all the "savings" they gave to us. I got $1700 off the MSRP, saved about $2000 in financing from what they originally offered me (5% lol). I really should have asked them to value my trade in earlier in the game, as at this point they can state any number to help em out. KBB states that my auction value is $9000 for my car, of which I was offered $7500 due to the dealer "costs" to prepare the vehicle to be salable. These costs were written out and clearly made up to make the "numbers work." In any case I sort of knew I shot myself in the foot here and was against the wall. I told them 8 grand or bust (didnt want to deal with private sale of a heavily modified car) and after about an hour past closing of the dealership, the deal was approved. I was stoked I got to take home my 6mt SE baby.

Sorry for this long story, but I hope it helps you out in negotiating a good price. There are effectively three areas which they can get you- Price, Financing, and Trade-In. Print out all details- having the advertised program printed from the Dealership website along with all proper documentation put them in a position to honor that (with resistance mind you). As we were signing the installment sale contract, it turned out the payments were correct ( because we had run what if situations at home to estimate the pmts). One thing that was not correct was the delay of the start of the first payment... kind of scary for a kid with limited savings and a $500 car payment. Don't sign until you know everything is correct.

If you have any questions, let me know!
6MTSX- No, I really appreciate it. Thanks for the advice! :-) Very helpful.

I was planning on negotiating the price of the TSX, then negotiating the price of my trade-in, and then lastly informing them of the down payment I plan to include.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Cruisin'

Also, I am proud to announce that I officially accepted a job offer for my first job as an RN! I begin orientation in September on the Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit. So pumped!!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:32 PM
CR

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 6MTSX
In any case this should technically be no problem for you. Unfortunately the dealership made the price a no hassle thing, however the interest rate was ran and i was about 40 points off from top tier and they showed us a secret "internal document" which stated that we needed to be a top tier customer to qualify for this program...When asked if we could have a copy of this document, they firmly said that this is an internal document that consumers cant see (I can't see the FTC being too happy with these kind of dealings). In any case, we continued playing hardball and were able to secure the 1.9% (which shouldn't have been an issue as we were entitled it.
I'm not sure why you think your entitled to a certain interest rate? Almost always all advertised specials are for top tier credit scores. It's not really like a hidden document. Anything less is a higher interst rate that the listed special. It should just be in the fine print.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
Originally Posted by sth90
Also, I am proud to announce that I officially accepted a job offer for my first job as an RN! I begin orientation in September on the Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit. So pumped!!
CardioThoracic ICU, PUMPED... i see what you did there good sir

congrats, i just got a job as a Pharm Tech, beginning training asap, then i intend to go work in a hospital or somethin for the better pay and experience =)
Old 08-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by PyroDave
CardioThoracic ICU, PUMPED... i see what you did there good sir

congrats, i just got a job as a Pharm Tech, beginning training asap, then i intend to go work in a hospital or somethin for the better pay and experience =)
Hahaha! *Ba dum tss*

Thanks! And congrats to you as well. One of my best friends is a CPhT at CVS. She loves it! She's in nursing school now, and her experience as a pharm tech really helped with Pharmacology! So if you ever decide you want to become a nurse... there's at least one plus! :-)