The Official 2009 TSX Thread **Unvelied in NY**

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpicyMikey
No they didn't get it wrong. Here's the quote coming from his own mouth

http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=739107

I understand what they are trying to do with this new bold grill. I support the idea. I just think teh grill needs to be tweeked a bit. Here's a photoshop change from someone else on the RL forum. It makes a huge dfference immediately.

http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?i...6174206aq9.png

It's the asymetric design that kills it for me. They can be bold AND beautiful at the same time. I believe they will back off this new grill a bit and rework it within the first year.
The photoshop change is 10X better. Flows alot better.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cbusAcuracls
The photoshop change is 10X better. Flows alot better.
Witha hack saw and some care that can be a real life change.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by wackura
Witha hack saw and some care that can be a real life change.

ha ha..I second that!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:57 AM
10th Gear

is it just me or does that new grill on the RL look like a TRANSFORMER logo...

i half expect that thing to transform....
Old 02-07-2008, 10:23 AM
TSX Lover

Here is a down-n-dirty photoshop of what I think the grill will look like.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:25 AM
1st Gear

a full exterior view and a dash shot of the new RL is now on Acura's website, fyi. im fairly dissapointed in the interior. looks almost exactly like the old RL's. the steering wheel and shifter are about the only differences i honestly notice, but thats just going by the one picture they have on acura.com

as far as the new TSX grill, its looking very similar to the NEW RL's grill.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Instructor

Wow, reading about this grille, if that's the direction they are going for the new TSX, I'm GLAD i went with an 08 TSX(of which I bought last night and getting Saturday!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 904lude
a full exterior view and a dash shot of the new RL is now on Acura's website, fyi. im fairly dissapointed in the interior. looks almost exactly like the old RL's. the steering wheel and shifter are about the only differences i honestly notice, but thats just going by the one picture they have on acura.com

as far as the new TSX grill, its looking very similar to the NEW RL's grill.
Keep in mind that this was just meant to be a MMC for the RL, enough to hold everyone over until the FMC, whenever that happens.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 904lude
a full exterior view and a dash shot of the new RL is now on Acura's website, fyi. im fairly dissapointed in the interior. looks almost exactly like the old RL's.
It apears to just be an MMC so that's not such a surprise.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
New Pics Tomorrow?

According to Jeff at vtec.net, there may be new teaser pictures coming tomorrow. I'm hoping some of those pics are of the interior...
Old 02-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,579 Posts
quick I must grab up a low millage 04 or 05 tsx and save it for the future cause its the last good looking acura model ever. start saving older models cause acura is going to crash and burn for the next five years with there new designs. audi here I come for my next car.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:50 AM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good call.

i'm planning to keep my TSX for as long as it runs. i'll have to make sure to take care of it well. not that i was going to treat it poorly.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:53 AM
5o9
'05 TSX 6MT

I've wanted an audi for a long time. Not to be trusted, I wouldn't even do a two year lease.

One of my friends bought an A-8L. Told him it will be a $40,000 car in two years... Only thing worse, might be a jag?
Old 02-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,579 Posts
Originally Posted by 5o9
I've wanted an audi for a long time. Not to be trusted, I wouldn't even do a two year lease.

One of my friends bought an A-8L. Told him it will be a $40,000 car in two years... Only thing worse, might be a jag?
at least it will look better. acuras resale is gonna be shit on the new RL, TL, and TSX. They look hideous no one will want them. Hell the new grill makes me thing of all the new saturn front ends and thats all I can think and the saturns even look better on the outside too. oh wait they have a RWD sports car too. Not comparing acura to saturn just saying I think acura is dying and dying fast with there horrendous designs and no RWD.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
at least it will look better. acuras resale is gonna be shit on the new RL, TL, and TSX. They look hideous no one will want them. Hell the new grill makes me thing of all the new saturn front ends and thats all I can think and the saturns even look better on the outside too. oh wait they have a RWD sports car too. Not comparing acura to saturn just saying I think acura is dying and dying fast with there horrendous designs and no RWD.
saturn may have a RWD sports car, but it's not fun to drive at all. I test drove both the base and the redline.

the base felt slower than my old civic. and the turbo had more power, but still didn't feel that sporty.

a sky would be right for someone who wants a two seater that looks good and rides nice but doesn't have any "sport" to it.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Instructor

SpicyMikey's photoshop made the new RL grille look a lot nicer.

I'm also liking the rear end shots of the new TSX in those spy pics taken in Japan. Here's hope!
Old 02-07-2008, 12:42 PM
where is my garage?!

i think the whole point is that saturn has a RWD car to offer, while acura does not.

kinda makes the 'fun to drive point' useless since there is no RWD option from acura to compare with the sky.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Burning Brakes

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/europ...images/602804/
did anyone see these pictures yet? this is the euro accord
Old 02-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by xjohnkdoex
i think the whole point is that saturn has a RWD car to offer, while acura does not.

kinda makes the 'fun to drive point' useless since there is no RWD option from acura to compare with the sky.
I understand that. but it's the whole thing of if you drove it, you wouldn't complain that saturn has a RWD car because it's not that great of a car.

if I had to choose between a sky and my tsx, I would take the tsx hands down. I want a RWD convertable bad, when I have the cash I'll probably end up with an s2000. After driving the sky I didn't care about RWD anymore because it wasn't that great.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:01 PM
where is my garage?!

fair enough. but saying a honda/acura is better than a RWD saturn, or any saturn for that matter, goes without saying. it just begs how fun would a RWD produced by acura be? oh wait, they don't make one b/c everythign is FWD.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Racer

the new headlamp design is whack. they basically clip off the inner lower corner of the current design and call it good.

As for the gauges... I never thought I would see the day where our current gauges would look dated...
Old 02-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by xjohnkdoex
fair enough. but saying a honda/acura is better than a RWD saturn, or any saturn for that matter, goes without saying. it just begs how fun would a RWD produced by acura be? oh wait, they don't make one b/c everythign is FWD.
it would be interesting to see. the last RWD acura (NSX) people either loved it or hated it. it got great praises for it's handling and being a reliable DD. but alot of people complained because it lacked torque and HP. it didn't have much HP compaired to anything else in it's price range either.

I'm not sure if honda wants to be in the RWD luxury game. maybe they'll continue being a cheap entry level luxury car or maybe they'll up the game and start to compete with the competition.

but it is a sad day when hyundai has a RWD car and acura doesn't.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Instructor

Why don't people read the damn thread before posting completely obvious pics that have already been posted? oh yeah.. ignorance.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MeHoo
Why don't people read the damn thread before posting completely obvious pics that have already been posted? oh yeah.. ignorance.
Because it's 54 goddam pages of comments not too different from yours.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Racer

Old 02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zyuan10
the new headlamp design is whack. they basically clip off the inner lower corner of the current design and call it good.

As for the gauges... I never thought I would see the day where our current gauges would look dated...
I like the clipped off headlight, I was thinking our current headlamps look dated because it's very similar to the late 90's early 2000's Honda Accord and the general style from '95 to '05 or so. If anything I worry that it's not enough to make it look more current, and it's definately not pushing the envelope. People knock the last gen Prelude but it had some daring headlights and lines.

I don't think these new gauges date the old ones, infact once again I'm not sure they're going the right direction. A criticism of the current gauge is it looks too casual and colorful, not surious business sportscar like the BMW's monochromatic gauges or the individualy slotted gauges on the TL and Lexus' among other nice cars. This new gauge looks even more silly and less sporty than the last, and the current TSX gauge is one of my favorite aspect of it's crispy clean smart and minimal styling.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gftgrill
it would be interesting to see. the last RWD acura (NSX) people either loved it or hated it. it got great praises for it's handling and being a reliable DD. but alot of people complained because it lacked torque and HP. it didn't have much HP compaired to anything else in it's price range either.

I'm not sure if honda wants to be in the RWD luxury game. maybe they'll continue being a cheap entry level luxury car or maybe they'll up the game and start to compete with the competition.

but it is a sad day when hyundai has a RWD car and acura doesn't.

What is the deal with not having RWD or AWD on all acuras standard?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:23 PM
where is my garage?!

LOL, he just slapped your ass back to page 1 of this thread.

READ IT ALL!
Old 02-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dlee74
Help me understand; how would these things make my driving experiance more fun? Less torque steer or something like that? I have no problem steering my car. I'm honest to god confused, and unsure why this is a running theme in this thread that keeps popping up as if it were an original observation every time.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Living the Dream

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts
Help me understand; how would these things make my driving experiance more fun? Less torque steer or something like that? I have no problem steering my car. I'm honest to god confused, and unsure why this is a running theme in this thread that keeps popping up as if it were an original observation every time.
EXACTLY!!!

Originally Posted by dlee74
umm....answer being..
Honda makes FWD work!! If all of a sudden lots (and I mean LOTS) of Honda customers were going to a RWD/AWD brand, Honda would probably consider it.

But for every whiny TSX owner wanting SH-AWD, turbo, flux capacitor in the next gen saying "Well I'll just go buy a BMW/Audi et al if they don't make it RWD" there are 10 new customers waiting for ol' reliable to come out.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I think your answer is on page 13. Now did you read all the comments like you were supposed to?

Seriously though, I agree about the RWD argument. WTF is so great about that unless you are intentionally trying to do some drifting, etc. However, SHAWD versus FWD. Big difference to me. Not sure about the "more fun" part. But SHAWD makes it such a better handling car in turns, wet roads, etc. Plus theirs NO sense of the torque steer coming from the uneven torque distribution in the two front wheels. With SHAWD you have a 4 wheel limited slip that ensures power goes to the wheels evenly (for the most part). Plus you have power moving to the back wheels on acceleration to reduce the load in the front. That makes the steering lighter and more responsive on acceleration. Lastly, yuo have the power distributing unevenly to the back outside wheel on hard turns to help reduce understeer in turns. The SHAWD system is a million times more fun and safer then the standard FWD system now in the TSX and TL. It's an amazing system. even if it's not more "fun" then RWD. it's certainly a lot safer and better handling then either FWD or RWD.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:14 PM
日本国内市場の売春婦

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SpicyMikey
I think your answer is on page 13. Now did you read all the comments like you were supposed to?

Seriously though, I agree about the RWD argument. WTF is so great about that unless you are intentionally trying to do some drifting, etc. However, SHAWD versus FWD. Big difference to me. Not sure about the "more fun" part. But SHAWD makes it such a better handling car in turns, wet roads, etc. Plus theirs NO sense of the torque steer coming from the uneven torque distribution in the two front wheels. With SHAWD you have a 4 wheel limited slip that ensures power goes to the wheels evenly (for the most part). Plus you have power moving to the back wheels on acceleration to reduce the load in the front. That makes the steering lighter and more responsive on acceleration. Lastly, yuo have the power distributing unevenly to the back outside wheel on hard turns to help reduce understeer in turns. The SHAWD system is a million times more fun and safer then the standard FWD system now in the TSX and TL. It's an amazing system. even if it's not more "fun" then RWD. it's certainly a lot safer and better handling then either FWD or RWD.
RWD>FWD because FWD understeers too much. If you do spirited driving, turning + accelerating is a big no no because the front wheels just can't cope with 2 different forces, therefore the front end loses grip and you understeer. If you were doing the same with a RWD car, the front wheels do the turning, and the rear wheels do the accelerating, balancing the forces out and eliminating understeer. Not to mention that a FWD car has all the equipment up front, causing it to be very nose-heavy and very cramped in case any work needs to be done in that area.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by TommySalami
Hopefully since it's supposed to be smaller than the RL by a decent amount, the grill will be more proportional and a little better looking. I'm most worried about the TL which isn't much smaller.
I bet Mugen is happy though, their grill is gonna sell like hotcakes

We all have fast forgotten the awful Advanced (??) Concept Sedan that Acura presented in the end 2006... From this car they said the'll get many hints to the future models. You can see there the front grill of the RL, and very prob. of the next TSX and TL.
But thanks to the more sharp and sporty character of the TL-TSX,m I think the grill will look ther much more better than on the flagship RL...
Old 02-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Banned

Yes, but is RWD/AWD actualy noticable or is this another one of those details that only a connaisseur can notice let alone apreciate? I think the TSX handles great, very great. You're talking about icing on the cake in my mind.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Another one with the Tourer

Old 02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Banned

Nice, I want one. I notice the door frame is black and not chrome here, I wonder if that's camo or a style option.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
where is my garage?!

interesting. well the front is definately fuller like the US accord. it doesn't slope as much as the current TSX. i don't know. it doesn't look so bad here. but in all honesty, it's not that big of a change. at least the front.

now someone photoshop the RL grille into this.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Go Big Blue!

Originally Posted by VorteC
RWD>FWD because FWD understeers too much. If you do spirited driving, turning + accelerating is a big no no because the front wheels just can't cope with 2 different forces, therefore the front end loses grip and you understeer. If you were doing the same with a RWD car, the front wheels do the turning, and the rear wheels do the accelerating, balancing the forces out and eliminating understeer. Not to mention that a FWD car has all the equipment up front, causing it to be very nose-heavy and very cramped in case any work needs to be done in that area.
Agreed, but in all fairness to FWD, having VSA really does eliminate a bunch of the safety concerns we normally associate with FWD. It's not like it used to be. Only problem is that VSA is only going to help reduce the slip when the wheels break traction, SHAWD works with VSA and provides power to snap a car back on course when things start going bad. FWD w/VSA=safe, SHAWD=safer and more fun, RWD=just more fun
Old 02-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Racer

Yes, but is RWD/AWD actualy noticable or is this another one of those details that only a connaisseur can notice let alone apreciate? I think the TSX handles great, very great. You're talking about icing on the cake in my mind.
yes it is noticeable. I still prefere fwd/awd for the snow/bad weather. but on clear days I want something RWD.

with an awd vehicle, the car seems to want to move. you can feel the car getting up and going. on f/rwd the car is pulled or pushed. it just feels like a car should.

one of the nice things about rwd is not having torque steer. I hate when I hit the gas too hard at a stop and the steering wheel tries to turn over a few times and I have to spend alot of effort to keep from making a right or left turn.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Go Big Blue!

Yes it's noticable when you take turns. It's certainly noticble when you hit a slick spot on a curve in the rain or try to accelerate away from the green light. You'll also notice it in the steering and handling of the car for sure. When the TSX comes out with SHAWD later this year, I'd recommend it. If you live up north and get snow, I'd highly recommend it.

Quick Reply: The Official 2009 TSX Thread **Unvelied in NY**