The Official 2009 TSX Thread **Unvelied in NY**

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if the diesel engine will take bio-diesel or if it would require a modification.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by wackura
I wonder if the diesel engine will take bio-diesel or if it would require a modification.
I was under the impression this always takes modification, but I could be wrong.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Civic2TSX
Yeah...especially when your current lease ends on April 16th!!! Gonna try to extend if necessary but hopefully we will have seen some pics before then.

If I wind up not liking the '09, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get a hell of a deal on a '08.
And that's precisely why we haven't seen more pics of the 09....someone needs to buy those remaining 08's
Old 01-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by provench
I am not sure about quality ... I'd put Honda/Acura differences more in the area of technology (1st to get VSA, SH-AWD, ELS sound system, bluetooth, etc.) and longer warranty for Acura with the latter being a huge factor. As someone who leases a 48-month lease on the Acura makes a TON of sense because it matches with the warranty of the car and the same logic might go for someone deciding on total length of non-warranty ownership.

With all that being said ... I think what I would expect from the '09 TSX AND TL is a lot of new technology. To be honest this new technology (hopefully in the drive train) is what I am excited about ... SH-AWD + V6 in Honda's mid-size sedans is a HUGE move and to go with that I am sure Acura has some interior gadgets (current MDX likely gives us clues) up their sleeves ... they always do for major redesigns.
When I said quality of product I should have said materials. Leathers ...etc. But yea I agree totally what you are saying as well.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe "three more days... until some relatively minor news comes out." Something a little more clear. Intentional suspense usualy preceeds a slightly bigger payoff don't you think?
Is this what you keep trying to tell your man?

Dude, Colin has been around here for a while and has given great advice and info over the years. Oh well, you didn't get the info you wanted, boo-f*cking-whooo. You're acting like the guy owed you this shit.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by joerockt

Dude, Colin has been around here for a while and has given great advice and info over the years. Oh well, you didn't get the info you wanted, boo-f*cking-whooo. You're acting like the guy owed you this shit.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Banned

You and he have the same defense; "I've been a member for a long time so I can do whatever I want" Neither of you address the actual fact that he did a countdown for some mysterious news that turned out to be nothing.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 5thTo2nd
when I was there it was kinda fun getting out to the canyons though. Is Angeles Crest still closed?
Yes, the canyons are fun to drive, but I just don't get enough opportunities to do so and always seem to get behind a pokey person.

Hmmm, can't say if Angeles Crest is closed, but it wouldn't surprise me considering its elevation and they are calling for snow tonight.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:36 PM
10th Gear

Any idea if the TSX will have V6? And do we have a render or anything of what it will look like? Not much time left till the release!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloverfield
Any idea if the TSX will have V6? And do we have a render or anything of what it will look like? Not much time left till the release!
Start at page 1, and keep reading; seriously...it's been covered.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:15 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by PACman
Start at page 1, and keep reading; seriously...it's been covered.
Today I have read about 20 pages of this crap with you guys going back and forth on certain specs of the engine. I have seen the taped up picture but I was wondering if there was something I missed...If you could just kindly answer that would be great since I am new...
Old 01-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloverfield
Today I have read about 20 pages of this crap with you guys going back and forth on certain specs of the engine. I have seen the taped up picture but I was wondering if there was something I missed...If you could just kindly answer that would be great since I am new...
Since you put it that way, see page 25...there's concept pics, photoshop pics, and sketches from GP to help aid on what the "taped up" pics may be covering.
6MT is for sure, as well as what Colin has given us with color choices. Everything else people say (i.e. V6, turbo, SH-AWD) is not confirmed.

Welcome aboard.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:09 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by timetobuy
My question to Colin in this thread was really in respect for all he provides here. He's so responsive that i may have just jumped in and started pressuring hin for clarification.. I want to know more and it's easier right now to quiz Colin then wait for Honda/Acura.

Colin for President. Guys from Hawaii can run for President, right? Just kidding.
of course they can, isnt obama from hawaii?
Old 01-22-2008, 06:08 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by PACman
Since you put it that way, see page 25...there's concept pics, photoshop pics, and sketches from GP to help aid on what the "taped up" pics may be covering.
6MT is for sure, as well as what Colin has given us with color choices. Everything else people say (i.e. V6, turbo, SH-AWD) is not confirmed.

Welcome aboard.

No one really knows anything beyond color choices and the 6MT, but there definitely is a lot of speculation floating around. Either way, if the Accord Tourer was any indication of what we will be seeing in the new TSX, I am ready to make my purchase. Although the base model maybe a great start, I will have to wait for the Type-S variant, being the power hog I am a naturally aspirated I4 just won't cut it for me. I really wish they would give us the Sports4 though as the Type-S variant, which had the turbo 4, with Acura refinement they could take some customers from Mitsubishi and Subaru. Who knows whats to come, the supposed V6 variant may pack more of a punch than expected.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Lightbulb Diesel Info

AutoMakers Pump Up Models w/ Diesel Power
DETROIT — Diesel fuel costs an average 38 cents a gallon more than gasoline, isn't available at every filling station, and in the past, has been associated with engines that clatter and smoke.

But none of those negatives dissuaded automakers from rolling out a raft of new diesel car, truck and SUV models at the North American International Auto Show here last week.

It's not just German makers anymore. Among models unveiled last week were offerings of Japanese and South Korean brands that have eschewed diesel cars in the past.

They hope Americans will warm to a new wave of diesels as quiet, clean and smoke-free as their gasoline-fed siblings. Diesels also usually offer more torque, which helps in trailer pulling.

Mercedes (DAI) spokesman Robert Moran says today's diesels also have overcome past issues with cold-weather starting. Mercedes models, he says, need no more than an extra second to start on the coldest mornings and heat up faster than gas engines once running.

The biggest attraction: Diesels offer 20% to 40% more miles per gallon than comparable gasoline engines and are available off the shelf now.

"It's here-and-now technology," says Allen Schaeffer, executive director of the Diesel Technology Forum. "There's no looming questions about batteries" as with gas-electric hybrids.

The looming question is whether consumers will embrace diesels. They are hugely popular in Europe, where diesel fuel costs less. But that's not so in the USA. On Friday, diesel fuel averaged $3.41 a gallon nationally, 12% more than regular gas at $3.03, according to the daily survey in AAA's Fuel Gauge Report.

"Diesel isn't cheap and isn't going to get cheaper," says Brett Smith of the Center for Automotive Research.

Diesel vehicles also are likely to cost more to buy, though a smaller premium than hybrids.

Despite question marks, automakers unveiling new diesels included:

•BMW. Planned for sale next fall are two diesel vehicles with decidedly hard-to-remember names — the compact 335d sedan and the X5 3.0sd sport-utility vehicle.

The German automaker says the pair's 3-liter, 265-horsepower diesel will meet emissions rules in all states because of a new catalytic converter system and injection of the chemical urea into the exhaust. The injection system is called BluePerformance.

BMW is counting on diesel's torque during acceleration to make it popular.

•Mercedes-Benz. Mercedes, one of the biggest promoters of diesel through the years, is showing off two concept versions of its diesel-powered Vision GLK small SUV.

The two concepts, the Freeside and the Townside, are powered by a new-generation, four-cylinder, 2.2-liter diesel that neutralizes up to 80% of nitrogen-oxide emissions with a urea-injection system.

•Audi. To debunk the image that diesels are stodgy performers, Audi is showing off a 12-cylinder diesel concept version of its R8 sports car. The 500-horsepower engine powers the car from zero to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds and tops out at 186 mph. But don't expect to find one in showrooms anytime soon, if ever.

•Chrysler. A two-seat Jeep Renegade concept vehicle was designed as a plug-in hybrid with a twist: The rugged off-road vehicle is also a diesel.

Its small Bluetec diesel engine takes over when its lithium-ion batteries run out of juice. Renegade has a 40-mile range in electric-only mode. A 115-horsepower, 1.5-liter diesel takes it the rest of its journey.

•Toyota. The Japanese giant announced last week that clean-diesel V-8s will be available "in the near future" for its full-size Tundra pickups and Sequoia SUVs. But Toyota (TM) officials are not without reservations.

A surge in popularity of diesels could drive pump prices higher, warns Jim Lentz, president of Toyota's U.S. sales operation.

In introducing diesels, "we're hedging our bet, because diesel is the best current solution for a full-size pickup" when it comes to fuel economy and towing power, Lentz said in an interview.

•Honda. A clean-diesel engine will become available in one of Honda's (HMC) upscale Acura vehicles next year. Unlike the larger German diesels, it won't require urea injection to cut emissions, which should result in less maintenance, CEO Takeo Fukui announced last week.

•Kia. The South Korean automaker plans to put a diesel engine in the new seven-passenger Borrego SUV by 2010. The gasoline version goes on sale this summer with Kia's first V-8 engine.

So many new diesels were unveiled at the Detroit auto show's press preview that Consumer Reports auto testing director David Champion said he felt like calling it "the diesel show."

The price of the diesels is "a bit of a question mark," but he says he has no doubt about sales: "People are going to get them."

Old 01-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Went to the dealer last night to drop off my car to have a few things looked at and stopped by to see my salesman. We were chating and i asked him about any models coming out and he said they are getting a new TSX in the next few months that will have the RDX turbo'd engine in it, a 300+HP TL with SH-AWD in SEPTEMBER, and a disel MDX version. Thought i would share.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TSX69
AutoMakers Pump Up Models w/ Diesel Power
DETROIT — Diesel fuel costs an average 38 cents a gallon more than gasoline, isn't available at every filling station, and in the past, has been associated with engines that clatter and smoke.

The biggest attraction: Diesels offer 20% to 40% more miles per gallon than comparable gasoline engines and are available off the shelf now.

The looming question is whether consumers will embrace diesels. They are hugely popular in Europe, where diesel fuel costs less. But that's not so in the USA. On Friday, diesel fuel averaged $3.41 a gallon nationally, 12% more than regular gas at $3.03, according to the daily survey in AAA's Fuel Gauge Report.

"Diesel isn't cheap and isn't going to get cheaper," says Brett Smith of the Center for Automotive Research.
Diesel does cost more in the US than regular gas, but anyone buying premium shouldn't be phased by the price, since it's about the same as premium gas. So if it gets you more mileage, but at the same/similar price, it's a win.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:43 AM
built for speed

I believe Biodiesel can be used in a stock engine without modification. My friend has a stock MB E300 diesel that he runs B100 biodiesel available in a few locations around Boston. He also buys reconditioned biodiesel when he can. The car runs fine, gets mileage close to the MPG with regular diesel, and is a lot closer to "carbon neutral" than any hybrid.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
According to the Temple of VTEC, not only is the diesel engine confirmed for first use in the TSX...but the 2.3 turbo from the RDX seems to be confirmed -- at least as an option.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=734677
Old 01-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jwood_06TSX
Went to the dealer last night to drop off my car to have a few things looked at and stopped by to see my salesman. We were chating and i asked him about any models coming out and he said they are getting a new TSX in the next few months that will have the RDX turbo'd engine in it, a 300+HP TL with SH-AWD in SEPTEMBER, and a disel MDX version. Thought i would share.
Wonder how much of that is speculation on his part.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:06 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
A Turbo gets me more excited than a V6. Not sure why but it does.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jlukja
Wonder how much of that is speculation on his part.
He said that is what he heard from the manager via the Acura grape vine so i guess we'll see.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Master Graphic Artist

When I sold my last year I talked to the sales manager at Mcgrath Acura in Morton Grove, IL and he told fed me the same talk about the RDX engine in the TSX.

Hopefully in 09-10 I'll be in the market for another car and hopefully Acura won't disappoint. I loved my TSX and miss it dearly.

Two other cars would be the 3 series coupe or the new CTS
Old 01-22-2008, 11:47 AM
6MT or Death

You and he have the same defense; "I've been a member for a long time so I can do whatever I want" Neither of you address the actual fact that he did a countdown for some mysterious news that turned out to be nothing.
1. No one said due to a longer period of membership on the board they can do what they want.
2. Verifying the production of a 6MT for the new model is extremely important to some people including myself who would abandon the TSX if it only came in auto.
3. When you attack a long time contributor to this board because of some expectations you put on something as vague as "two more days" don't be surprised when other members request you check yourself.

I still have that hose if you need it.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts

And as Joe said before if you didn't get the picture. Quit your god damn whining because you weren't satisfied with what you got. It's your damn fault you got all this anticipation for nothing. Stop acting like he actually owes you something to compensate for your crap ass judgement.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Advanced

Here's the deal, no one seems to know what we are getting as far as the TSX is concerned for the NA market. The speculations have started flying again since the K23T or something like it has been confirmed. We know the diesel is a shoe in and the K24 is definitely going into a FWD model in Europe, but now people are starting to say that the K23T SH-AWD model will be the base with an all new Type-S V6 variant to hit the market shortly after in the US. Which does make one wonder will the TSX and Euro Accord shed their similarities in both markets since the launch of Acura is supposed to take place in the next 2 years? It would make even more sense explaining why every model would carry SH-AWD exclusively and separating Acura from Honda. I don't know what to think anymore, but I hope Acura doesn't disappoint with either.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Advanced

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=734677

I misquoted, there was no mention of the V6 just that no one knows if the K23T variant will be the base or another trim level.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:13 PM
TMQ
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wish Colin would chime in about the engine choice...

But my guess is that no matter what it is, this year there will be only one engine choice, until the diesel comes about. And there's only one package, the technology package. Acura is leaving sportier performance stuff to the after market.

my guess is it's a turbo 4, given the competition in the industry, but it will not come with SHAWD. the new TL will come with it, so TSX cannot steal the thunder. Probably no LSD either.

Again it'll only be available as a sedan. The wagon market is small, and who knows when we'll ever get a coupe.

Wouldn't it be nice if Acura can surprise us once (and let it be a NICE surprise)? Look at the BMW product roll out. No one has an answer for the 1 series.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:38 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
Isn't the K23t not a very good engine? Doesnt it reach max power early and then it dips off a good amount after that?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
And as Joe said before if you didn't get the picture. Quit your god damn whining because you weren't satisfied with what you got. It's your damn fault you got all this anticipation for nothing. Stop acting like he actually owes you something to compensate for your crap ass judgement.
When did I say I was not satisfied with what I got? I could care less, my point is that Colin is an oppurtunitic attention whore who's exploiting our excitement to learn more about the new TSX by leaving bread crumbs to nowhere. That stands on it's own.

Colin is milking what little information he has for all it's worth. First he says "There will be two trim levels available ... More details are on my site" but on his site I didn't see any large volume of text he couldn't have simply posted. So teasing his website isn't so bad, but then I then he says quote "Three more days...... ", no explanation of we're waiting for, presumably something worth holding our breath over, and it turns out to be nothing. He's an attention whore, it's simple as that. Stop whining - it's the truth.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by TMQ
Probably won't happen now, thanks to the douche bag named wackura.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Probably won't happen now, thanks to the douche bag named wackura.
I think you have to calm down guys.

Some more "half" news on TOV:

While we fully expected the next-generation TSX to be the first US-Market Honda vehicle to be fitted with Acura's next generation clean diesel i-DTEC engine, apparently some folks thought otherwise. Now, we've heard directly from several sources that the TSX has been confirmed to dealers as the first model that will be getting the i-DTEC. Though Acura's press release specifically stated that the i-DTEC would be introduced NEXT year, some folks seem to be confused about the timing. So to clear things up, the 2009 TSX will not launch with the diesel motor. The 2009 TSX will be in showrooms this coming April, but the diesel powertrain will not be available until some time in calendar year 2009.

In other 2009 TSX developments, while the expectation early on was that we'd be seeing a version of the RDX's 2.3L turbocharged motor in the upcoming TSX, there have been some reports over the past few months that had cast some uncertainty on that, but according to the same sources that confirmed the i-DTEC fitment (and corroborated in this story by Automotive News), it's been confirmed to dealers that the next generation TSX *will* be offered with a turbocharged gasoline motor. At this point it's not clear whether the turbocharged motor would be the base motor or if it will be offered in a separate trim level.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TMQ
Colin already said he doesn't know anything more than we do. When he finds out, he'll let us know.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by krio
I think you have to calm down guys.

...and read what is posted. If you read the posts in the thread then you know exactly what the "countdown" was for. If you didn't then you're setting yourself up for disappointment and misunderstanding. As far as I can see, Colin posts what he knows. So, don't misinterpret him not posting something as "holding out" on anything of that nature. And be careful about what is fact and what is guesswork, speculation, and heresay.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Acura Sales

Hi, I'm new here.

Originally Posted by mltk53
lol yea x2
I work for the for a large acura auto group, as a sales rep. Our acura reps tell us little by little. So far this is what we have been told, the 2009 TSX is due to hit April 24th 2008, we just ordered our first 11 TSX's today, jan 22nd. The re-freshed RL is due the following month, no V8 for the RL, but just over 300 hp, and a bigger back seat. In Sept 2008 the SH-AWD TL is due to hit. We have no idea what any of them look like. Also Sometime this year, for 2008 we will have a diesel motor, I guessing in the MDX. There is also a 2 door in the works, either a TSX or re-designed S2000.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:01 PM
E92

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
ha maybe they've got some progress done on the new NSX and that's the 2 door

naw
Old 01-22-2008, 07:21 PM
luvs redheads!

I did some quick research and found that the DIESEL optioned VWs carry a 1.9L with 100hp/177lbs torque...however since its substantially low hp and torque wise still they can offer it in FWD. I was thinking torquesteer issues and that the TSX would have to be AWD to handle it. However who knows..
Old 01-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Acura Sales

My new car manager seems to think that the TSX will have the 4 cyl Turbo, no SH-AWD, and I agree. Eventually Acura will have a second engine option with the diesel in the TSX, but again this is all speculation. Our thoughts on this are fueled by what info Acura tells us directly. As far as the 2-door, acura needs to have that inexpensive model like they always have, integra-rsx-cl. We will have either a 2-door TSX or a S2000 rebadge, who knows maybe even the return of the CL?
Old 01-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
my point is that Colin is an oppurtunitic attention whore who's exploiting our excitement to learn more about the new TSX by leaving bread crumbs to nowhere.

Colin is milking what little information he has for all it's worth. First he says "There will be two trim levels available ... He's an attention whore, it's simple as that. Stop whining - it's the truth.
Enough I have already apologized twice in posts #694 and #702. I have not called you any names, or insulted you in any way. Everyone please drop this nonsense.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Acura Sales

Just like everything else Acura makes, either Nav or no Nav. Thats the choice. Besides Auto or Manual.

Quick Reply: The Official 2009 TSX Thread **Unvelied in NY**