Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats, thats my exact car!
Go sign in here:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42583
Old 05-28-2008, 10:49 PM
9th Gear

congrats

Congratulations from a fellow windy city 2009 tsx'er. Got mine in Palatine - grigio metallic/black. You are really going to love it. I had my previous car (a 97 Nissan 200SX) for 11 years. This is my first "luxury car" and so far I have to say it is worth every penny. I am currently trying to learn all of the tech features, but so far I have just been enjoying driving the car, even on the cratered streets around here. Enjoy.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts
I've been doing my research and test drove a few. All the salesmen couldnt answer my questions (wasnt really expecting them to give me the right answers). Bought it at Muller's in Schaumburg thru the internet. I was in and out of there fast and they were the ones to give me the best price for one in stock.

I had a 2002 Accord SE in silver. I was involved in wreck 2 weeks ago and the insurance money finally came in. I was heading home from work, accellerating from a turn. A school bus pulls up to a stop sign on a side street. I was heading north and bus was heading west. The bus tries to sneek by a left turn 4 or 5 car lengths in front of me but it was too late. Slammed on the brakes and locked them up. Slid right into the driver side rear tire. Airbags deployed but I was able to walk away with a cut and a jammed thumb. Cop said I was lucky that I didnt slide under the bus. There was 1 kid on the bus but they were sitting near the front.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by plberk067
Congratulations from a fellow windy city 2009 tsx'er. Got mine in Palatine - grigio metallic/black. You are really going to love it. I had my previous car (a 97 Nissan 200SX) for 11 years. This is my first "luxury car" and so far I have to say it is worth every penny. I am currently trying to learn all of the tech features, but so far I have just been enjoying driving the car, even on the cratered streets around here. Enjoy.
Congrats! I love the grigio metallic color. I have the black interior on my '06 and while I love it I might be tempted by the taupe interior if I could keep it clean.

To the OP, sorry about losing your car that way... I also bought my car from that dealership over the Internet and it was a painless process for me too. Congrats on the new one!
Old 05-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Race Director

yeah pics would be good!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Instructor

Congrats on the purchase!
Old 05-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Racer

Congrats
Old 05-29-2008, 11:09 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by darmok
Congrats! I love the grigio metallic color. I have the black interior on my '06 and while I love it I might be tempted by the taupe interior if I could keep it clean.

To the OP, sorry about losing your car that way... I also bought my car from that dealership over the Internet and it was a painless process for me too. Congrats on the new one!

Very sorry to hear about the accident. Initially I felt a little guilty about spending so much money on a vehicle, but that lasted about 24 hours! It sounds like you guys got a little better deal than I did. I test drove the car at Mcgrath but they would not budge from sticker. I could not believe it. I tried the Elmhurst dealer but they were sold out of the color I wanted. Ended up going with Arlington of Palatine, which had a really good selection. Got an extended test drive with them, which included plenty of highway driving. Was only able to squeeze $500.00 out of those guys though. Also had to fend off their finance manager who was hard selling rustproofing and the extended warranty. Now I kind of wish I would have tried Mullers. Oh well.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts
Yea, I think must be some sort of agreement between the Chicago dealers not to budge. Continental was telling me that there are certain dealers they wont trade cars with since they've been undercutting everyone. I had an awesome deal with the Elmhurst dealer but they said they wouldnt be getting any of my color combo in anytime soon. I also had a pretty good deal with Libertyville but again, they didnt have the color combo in stock. Mullers was the only one that was worth dealing with and had the car in stock.

Libertyville did call me up today and told me they just unloaded my color combo off the truck. I kinda feel bad that I had to tell the guy that I already bought it from someone else. Thier deal was a little better than the one I got but it probably wouldve come out equal in the end for the gas driving all the way up there and back.

One gripe I had was that the dealers throw ads up on cars.com or thier own website but when you call them up and give them the stock number, the car is gone or hasnt arrived yet. Shouldn't the internet sales guys keep track of what comes in and what comes out? There are some good internet sales guys out there and there are some bad ones. Muller's guy was awesome and was fast. He understood that the buyer has done most of the research, made thier decision, and just wants a price and papers to sign. Financing was pretty quick too, they offered options but didnt push them after I declined. Going in an hour before close might've had something to do with it too

I did get some lookers today while crusing around breaking the car in. Mostly from middle age to older men tho.................