moved on unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 12:21 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
moved on unexpectedly

Had to get rid of my TSX after a move last year and didn't need a car for a while. But now need a car again and got me a Model Y LR.

It was sad to dump the TSX especially after adding a 9" floating screen Carplay unit (in my post history) but life events took over. Carplay is more or less the only thing I miss now w/ the Model Y though after owning it a while, it's more or less an adjustment period rather than truly losing functionality. I still need the phone to play stuff like Audible but at least the steering wheel buttons can still control it. I mounted my phone for both easier access and functional charging; the Tesla wireless charging pad is way out of date and will only heat up newer/larger phablet phones.

Although I will miss 6MT with my hypermiling that got to 37MPG (also in post history) and one time even 45MPG in an optimal area, the Tesla 1-pedal driving is a cool replacement with the opposite design model of ultra convenience.

Charging was not really an issue at all, in some ways more convenient than gas because the nav will take you straight to chargers vs me looking for gas stations and sometimes needing to detour to avoid ripoff pricing. Best was when a hotel had free charging and I just filled up overnight with no need to charge on the road at all that day.

Before buying, I rented a Model 3 from Hertz to try out the road trip experience. Although charging was not an issue, it does take longer than pumping gas (up to 25-30min to reach 80%) so for a short weekend rental, I did end up cutting out an activity to return with enough charge. Or could've just returned it low and paid the fee in exchange for more time.

Anyways, the A-zine year-in-review email is what reminded me of this forum and I wish all the best of drives for the remaining road life of your TSX's. I'd have gladly driven mine till the end if it weren't for the moves.

The following 2 users liked this post by tmux:
ESHBG (12-20-2023), ScottyWM (12-14-2023)