AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TSX (2009-2014) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/)
-   -   List those hidden features! (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/list-those-hidden-features-702254/)

09TSXMN 12-23-2008 06:03 PM

List those hidden features!

I have discovered many hidden features on the car and was wondering what else I am missing. Here is what I have discovered by myself or through the threads as some of these were not in the manual.

1) A membrane switch under the trunk lid above the license plate that will open the trunk from the outside without having to go to the trunk release button on the fob/or door.

2) A key lock hidden in the child seat "Latch" cover on the drivers side rear seat up on the shelf. This will lock out access to the car from the trunk or vice versa.

3) The rear view mirror will automatically go down if you leave the mirror switch left in the far right position, it will not if you leave it any other way.

4) The car will relock itself if you activate the unlock button but do not open any doors within 30 seconds thinking that you accidently unlocked the car.

5) You can auto roll down all windows and sunroof by holding the unlock key fob after pressing it once for 5 seconds (Cannot reverse it though).

6) The fuel door lid will not open if you have the car locked.

7) You can disable the trunk switch on the door from inside the glove box.

8) There are all kinds of tricks with the Nav system to go into a diagnostic mode, I have yet to try some of these.

Others????

ill45 12-23-2008 06:05 PM

i knew most of these from the manual but im interested more in #8 if anyone figures out some tricks in there.

Arcticcl9 12-23-2008 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by ill45 (Post 10316140)
i knew most of these from the manual but im interested more in #8 if anyone figures out some tricks in there.

#8,Enter diagnostics (hold down MAP, CANCEL, MENU), then go into diagnostics, under GPS information screen, go into it. Then press and hold MENU, and you will see detailed info about all the GPS satellites, and your calculated speed by the navi (*)

As for #5, you can't remotely close windows to prevent you from strangling/killing/injuring someone remotely, but you can close all of them at once. Use your key in the driver door, turn to lock, release, then turn to lock and HOLD, and all the windows and moonroof will close. You have to be there in case some screams bloody murder :thumbsup: (partial*)

#4 you can set the time-out period for the auto relock in the MID :rtfm:

#1 only works if ALL doors are unlocked, and not just the driver side door (*)

(*)carryover features from 1st gen TSX

kowloonsniperhk 12-24-2008 01:02 AM

I wonder if the KP Technologies Windows Roll Up Module would work for the 2G TSX?

09TSXMN 12-26-2008 12:59 PM

Thanks for the help on #8. This feature opened the doors to many elements, I can finally clear off the message that I had on an erroneous VSA error message. Also, you can get to the Satalites with speed by going the same enter feature as you had listed, followed by Detail info, then unit check, then GPS then go and highlight the information icon.

Thanks for the help.

bellorusha 02-02-2009 04:00 PM

#9 Navigation can say the full name of the streets, under Setup

Daffunda 02-02-2009 07:11 PM

All of these are on 1G. Minus the mirror tilt down.

phonic 02-23-2009 06:45 PM

Does anyone know if there's a way to see the rear view camera while driving? I was hoping there would be something in the diagnostic mode but haven't found anything.

northbridge 02-23-2009 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Arcticcl9 (Post 10316393)
As for #5, you can't remotely close windows to prevent you from strangling/killing/injuring someone remotely, but you can close all of them at once. Use your key in the driver door, turn to lock, release, then turn to lock and HOLD, and all the windows and moonroof will close. You have to be there in case some screams bloody murder :thumbsup:

wow, i didnt know that at all. i just tried (1G) and it works. how helpful...

Craig-D 02-25-2009 12:54 PM

I can't speak to #8 as I don't have Nav and thus never looked at that part of the manual. But I otherwise read the manual cover to cover, and every one of the first 7 items are mentioned in there.

ill45 02-25-2009 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by bellorusha (Post 10470325)

really? i didnt know that... gonna check tonight.

ill45 03-09-2009 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by bellorusha (Post 10470325)

still cant figure this out exactly... can you explain more in detail. I got to the screen but dont know where to select the feature on. Thanks.

TheGoodGuy 03-09-2009 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by ill45 (Post 10619482)
still cant figure this out exactly... can you explain more in detail. I got to the screen but dont know where to select the feature on. Thanks.

if i remember right you need to change navigation map detail to maximum..

TheGoodGuy 03-09-2009 09:40 PM

The car will automatically down shift on a long hill if you hit the brake and release it (more than a tap).. and it will go one more down if you hold and release again.

arktctr 03-10-2009 08:51 AM

set guidance prompts to max...I don't think there is a setting to increase or decrease map detail...

Originally Posted by ill45 (Post 10619482)

Zarah Qureshi 01-21-2020 08:01 PM

Is there a hidden trick to start the car? Ilx 2020 if it doesnt have remote start?

TSXWagoneer 01-27-2020 05:18 AM

Intermittent wipers will stop when you stop.

TSXV6Guy 01-28-2020 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by TSXWagoneer (Post 16531614)

... and as soon as you lift your foot off the brake, they will activate once, regardless of the delay setting. (this is much much better than any of the rain-sensing intermittents that i encountered).

WheelMcCoy 02-04-2020 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by TSXWagoneer (Post 16531614)

Originally Posted by TSXV6Guy (Post 16531944)
... and as soon as you lift your foot off the brake, they will activate once, regardless of the delay setting. (this is much much better than any of the rain-sensing intermittents that i encountered).

And on the TSX Wagon, if you go into reverse, you get one courtesy swipe.

TattooJohnnyG 03-10-2020 05:12 PM

New here......thought I'd add that on a Tech car, you can adjust the brightness of your review camera by turning the zoom in/out dial......especially helpful when it's dark out......

ScottyWM 03-11-2020 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by TattooJohnnyG (Post 16548062)
New here......thought I'd add that on a Tech car, you can adjust the brightness of your review camera by turning the zoom in/out dial......especially helpful when it's dark out......

No! Are you kidding? I have been thinking my camera was going dead or something. I can't wait to try this!

thecogito 03-14-2020 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by WheelMcCoy (Post 16534602)
And on the TSX Wagon, if you go into reverse, you get one courtesy swipe.

Its the same on my wife's RDX as well.