AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TSX (2009-2014) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/)
-   -   How reliable has your TSX been? (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/how-reliable-has-your-tsx-been-963789/)

EuroRspec 05-15-2019 09:36 PM

Loved my first gen TSX 6spd, and after a few years in other makes, bought my 2012 Wagon in 2016 with 37K miles. Car has been solid besides a few annoyances.

-At 40k noticed a vibration at 60mph+ and it never really went away with more speed. Dealer determined it was the Pass axle and replaced under warranty. Got better, but I'm super sensitive to the feeling and I can still feel it. Even after lowering the car and changing the wheels, no change. So it's something in the suspension.

-At 55k miles, which is now and probably related to the above - I'm hearing a very pronounced clunk out of the suspension on warmer days and after driving for 10+ miles(Nothing when the car is cold). After extensive research, I think it's my lower ball joint, which there is a TSB for, and my car falls into the model year range and exhibits similar symptoms. I decided to order a new passenger ball joint and will install in the upcoming weeks(Hopefully that's it).

- In addition to that, I have an annoying driver seat creak. Sounds like it's coming from the lower seat back. I'm too lazy to mess with it and was hoping it would heal itself but, it hasn't lol.

Other than regular maintenance, the car has been really solid. It's almost paid off and I've thought about selling(I'm really torn), but I love the simplicity, reliability + the handling and feel(I'm torn). The car still looks great + relevant in the present day.

ceb 05-16-2019 11:38 AM

2013 wagon here with about 80k miles. Aside from regular maintenance (still on original brakes), I had a bad battery at 30k miles and a defective cigarette lighter socket - both fixed under warranty. 31+mpg on the highway.

Every time I get a hankering for a new car, I ask myself what I'd miss. That list is long and overshadows the advantages of a new car. I've put far more miles on a car before but it has been 30 years that I've owned a car for more than 3 years.

jdmjustin 05-17-2019 03:37 PM

2010 here, bought it in Oct 2017 with 95K currently at 118k. Nothing but maintenance. No oil burning, which I hear is rare :lmao:

Only annoyance is the seat fabric ripping and the armest on the drivers door. Also PO must of worn a ring on their right hand, ebrake lever is all scratched up. Also my temp control lights have went out twice. All other lights on the climate control work. I just deal with it now. More of a hassle to take it all apart. I replaced with OEM Acura bulbs, and they burned out within 2 weeks.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...cb65ab70b.jpeg
Scratched up...need to refurb this.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...d6b819c92.jpeg
Dirty Interior
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...12483017b.jpeg
Climate control bulbs out, this was after I replaced them, 3 weeks later. Drivers went first, then passenger side.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...e2411adf1.jpeg
50/50 of arm rest, also showing the crappy seat material Acura used for the sides of the seats...
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...0e00e0eec.jpeg
100% stock, OEM+ af

raindogt 05-18-2019 02:26 PM

'09 6MT here, black exterior, black interior, 160k on the clock . Same "problems" as you-- seat ripping in same spot and temp light out on passenger side.

One more annoyance is the garage door clicker-- I don't consider my car to be old (even though it really kind of is lol) but I was bummed when my new garage doors weren't compatible with the homelink on the car. I know the frequency can be updated-- just not worth the $80 or so for a car that will be given to my (newly driving) son in the next year or so.

jdmjustin 05-20-2019 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by raindogt (Post 16427901)
'09 6MT here, black exterior, black interior, 160k on the clock . Same "problems" as you-- seat ripping in same spot and temp light out on passenger side.

One more annoyance is the garage door clicker-- I don't consider my car to be old (even though it really kind of is lol) but I was bummed when my new garage doors weren't compatible with the homelink on the car. I know the frequency can be updated-- just not worth the $80 or so for a car that will be given to my (newly driving) son in the next year or so.

My house was built in '15, took me almost an hour for the Homelink to work on my door. I have 2 doors, but only got it work for the door I use. I tried programming the 2 other buttons, but gave up.

tonggi 05-25-2019 09:13 PM

I have a 12 Wagon with 109k miles, bought it with 9k miles, besides maintenance all I had to do was new axles.

Wife has a 13 wagon with 60 k miles, nothing but oil changes.

Margaret Thompson 06-03-2019 12:36 PM

2009 TSX - Driver seat ripped in the exact place and started @70,000

Margaret Thompson 06-03-2019 01:12 PM

Bought my 2009 Acura TSX w/56000. My only issues to date with 160,000 miles have been the following:

- VCT Actuator
- Leather trim on driver seat starting fraying at 60,000. :tantrum:
- Starter out at 155,000
- Phone no longer connects - stopped working at I phone 5s :censored:
- Windshield driver trim blew off twice :(

I really baby my car and this past weekend I finally had to get tires - Pilot Sport tires lasted me 78,000

Jason46 07-16-2019 10:04 PM

Shortly after buying my 2011 my AT would flare in 2nd gear, about a month ago(130,000 miles) had a used transmission swapped in($1,800), I'm fairly certain the previous owner never changed the transmission oil. Atleast the car is fun to drive again. I see about a half quart of engine oil consumption every 1,000 miles which was shocking coming from a kia optima which did not lose a drip of oil with 5,000 mile intervals, hopefully this does not get any worse. Recently had an emissions warning but this went away after pulling a battery lead, hopefully it does not come back, I always run premium 93octane fuel.

Power slot rotors, I wouldn't buy these again due to how quickly noncontact areas rusted.
18" wheels with falken 510 tires, great tire but often has flat spots in the morning that go away after 5minutes.
Denso spark plugs.
Replaced what I'm sure was the original air filter with a K&N air filter
New Duracell battery to replace a Quakerstate battery.

Heres to no more problems for a while, I've decided the car is too "advanced" to own without a warranty.

2012wagon 07-16-2019 10:24 PM

A new transmission at 130k??????

Wow

Jason46 07-17-2019 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by 2012wagon (Post 16454730)
A new transmission at 130k??????

Wow

I think that is about how far it will go on the factory oil with no changes.

2012wagon 07-17-2019 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jason46 (Post 16454795)
I think that is about how far it will go on the factory oil with no changes.

I see plenty of 175-200k ones with 0 fluid changes.

They dont go bad , usually, at 130k on factory oil

Jason46 07-18-2019 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by 2012wagon (Post 16454886)
I see plenty of 175-200k ones with 0 fluid changes.

They dont go bad , usually, at 130k on factory oil

Tight i think it was the change that did it in.

WojciechR 09-23-2019 08:17 PM

Master window control "sticky." Doesn't always work on the first press. No fix available short of replacement.
Can't agree with this it is an easy fix, there is a circuit board with copper lines and small pins that though the copper lines when applied pressure on a button. FiX: the amount of grease they put in there is causing a problem with the connection. take it apart wipe it with alcohol and will work like new.

JayJayPG 09-25-2019 03:14 PM

I'm only at 56K miles on my 2012 TSX SE. So far It's been rock solid. I've only encountered two minor issues:

- Every few months or so I randomly get a "Tighten Gas Cap" message on the dash even though the gas cap is fully it's tightened. The message will eventually go away and it happens so infrequently it's not even worth diagnosing.
- Both of my window trim pieces came loose. This is a known issue with this car. One blew off on the highway so I had to order a replacement (which wasn't cheap).

WojciechR 09-25-2019 05:00 PM

I have 2011 TSX WAGON 82k

-Sticky windows switch - easy fix by removing grease from the circuit lines after taking it apart.
-Front windshield trim, replaced on warranty and now it starts to come off.
-Door trims driver front and passenger front.
-Side leather on the door above armrest bubbles (ANYONE IS EXPERIENCE THIS ISSUE? HOW TO FIX IT, ANYONE TRIED SOMETHING ??????) I was thinking to give it a drop of glue with the needle.

No issues besides these ones, which is not an issue for me.
So far I love my TSX and hope will last forever a long time like my 98 Sienna with 240K going strong ;)

WojciechR 09-25-2019 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by JayJayPG (Post 16484530)
I'm only at 56K miles on my 2012 TSX SE. So far It's been rock solid. I've only encountered two minor issues:

- Every few months or so I randomly get a "Tighten Gas Cap" message on the dash even though the gas cap is fully it's tightened. The message will eventually go away and it happens so infrequently it's not even worth diagnosing.
- Both of my window trim pieces came loose. This is a known issue with this car. One blew off on the highway so I had to order a replacement (which wasn't cheap).

The "Tighten Gas Cap" it's a common problem when you drive hard or on high altitude, it happens to me at these scenarios once in Colorado and Second time in Sequoia Park. When did it happen to you? maybe it a tuning issue?

grey goose 10-10-2019 11:14 PM

Noobie here, I recently bought a 2010 with 150K. I had my mechanic look at the oil issue, and he said I should not have any problems. Like someone already mentioned the crappy leather seats Acura uses. My seats are cracked, not bad, but noticeable. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS about how to fix it? I also noticed the paint on the hood seems to be “FADING” (not sure what word to use here) a little as well as near the sunroof. This is my first ‘used’ car, so I don’t know if this normal for this type of car or not. What would you all suggest I do? Also, it looks like my lenses (not sure what they are called – headlights?) are cloudy. Any suggestions there? TIA

2012wagon 10-10-2019 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by grey goose (Post 16491479)
Noobie here, I recently bought a 2010 with 150K. I had my mechanic look at the oil issue, and he said I should not have any problems. Like someone already mentioned the crappy leather seats Acura uses. My seats are cracked, not bad, but noticeable. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS about how to fix it? I also noticed the paint on the hood seems to be “FADING” (not sure what word to use here) a little as well as near the sunroof. This is my first ‘used’ car, so I don’t know if this normal for this type of car or not. What would you all suggest I do? Also, it looks like my lenses (not sure what they are called – headlights?) are cloudy. Any suggestions there? TIA

Look at my threads on oxidation and headlight

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...dation-982988/

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...arance-970919/

grey goose 10-10-2019 11:29 PM

Hey thanks for the fast reply 2012wagon! Did ever fix your oxidation problem and if so what did you use or do? Your second and third pic https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...dation-982988/ on here do look similar to my paint problems.

cloudbase 10-14-2019 04:41 PM

'10 TSX with 128k on the clock. All regular maintenance has been done as per schedule. Never a problem.

2012wagon 10-14-2019 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by grey goose (Post 16491485)
Hey thanks for the fast reply 2012wagon! Did ever fix your oxidation problem and if so what did you use or do? Your second and third pic https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...dation-982988/ on here do look similar to my paint problems.

Compound
polish
20 sealant

all meguiars
all oxidation (except wing), gone

grey goose 10-15-2019 11:37 AM

I have the exact rip on my armrest. Justin or anyone, have you found a way to fix your ripped seats and/or armrest? :thumbsdown:

Originally Posted by jdmjustin (Post 16427694)
2010 here, bought it in Oct 2017 with 95K currently at 118k. Nothing but maintenance. No oil burning, which I hear is rare :lmao:

Only annoyance is the seat fabric ripping and the armest on the drivers door. Also PO must of worn a ring on their right hand, ebrake lever is all scratched up. Also my temp control lights have went out twice. All other lights on the climate control work. I just deal with it now. More of a hassle to take it all apart. I replaced with OEM Acura bulbs, and they burned out within 2 weeks.

Scratched up...need to refurb this.

Dirty Interior

Climate control bulbs out, this was after I replaced them, 3 weeks later. Drivers went first, then passenger side.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...e2411adf1.jpeg
50/50 of arm rest, also showing the crappy seat material Acura used for the sides of the seats...

100% stock, OEM+ af

awats 01-16-2020 01:37 AM

2014 wagon. One battery out of warranty. One engine harness (mouse ate it) and two front wheel bearings at 82k under warranty. Zero hassles from the dealer.

k_dot 01-16-2020 06:29 PM

Owned a 2013 automatic that I had bought used with 22,000; sold it within 2 years at 35,000. Got bored with the auto and now currently own a 2014 SE 6 speed with currently 52,000

No issues either on these **knocks on wood**