Help with bumper!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 09:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with bumper!

i have a 2012 se I'm planing to replace the front bumper with the 09-10 sport bumper.. other than the 09-10 grill, do i need anything else? like the 09-10 fog lights or are they the same?

and does anyone know where i can get the best price for the sports bumper?
Old 04-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
09-10 fogs are different. In fact entire assembly is different (except headlights). You may want to look for something who'd like to trade their sports bumper for your se bumper.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts
Ok Franzy boy you will need these parts.
1) Front grille
2) L & R Fog lights
3) L & R Induction plates
4) Lower center induction plate.

*** You will reused the upper center induction plate from the 2012 bumper ***
Old 04-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Also they didn't have some colors in 09-10. Graphite luster metallic and SE red are two examples. What color is yours?
Old 04-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
I went with the bare minimum on my swap and everything turned out fine, didnt care for the small stuff i felt like i didnt need

You'll need the

09-10 tsx grille, * i used the modulo one
09-10 entire fog light, *cheap for a set of depo brand on ebay
Old 04-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by opboarding
Also they didn't have some colors in 09-10. Graphite luster metallic and SE red are two examples. What color is yours?
They also don't have it in BWP either as far as I know. I would've done this already if it was a quick stop. Not really wanting to buy one, sand, and repaint it.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by tOny3
I went with the bare minimum on my swap and everything turned out fine, didnt care for the small stuff i felt like i didnt need

You'll need the

So what you are saying is, don't bother both upper & lower induction plates....... Seems pretty dumb to me if that is what you did. As the name "induction" suggest what they do. The other function of the lower induction plate is to add structural rigidity to the lower half of the bumper.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:06 PM
Racer

As long as the paint codes matches, he should be fine!
Old 04-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by evo9
So what you are saying is, don't bother both upper & lower induction plates....... Seems pretty dumb to me if that is what you did. As the name "induction" suggest what they do. The other function of the lower induction plate is to add structural rigidity to the lower half of the bumper.
Hey if you wanna spend the money then thata fine but im telling you when i installed my bumpers i found no need for them as my 2011 induction plates fit fine. Everything bolted up for me and nothing was loose.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Intermediate

Ok Franzy boy you will need these parts.
1) Front grille
2) L & R Fog lights
3) L & R Induction plates
4) Lower center induction plate.

*** You will reused the upper center induction plate from the 2012 bumper ***

thanks! i dint know i needed the induction plate..other than these parts everything else bolts up the same?
Old 04-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Intermediate

yea i have a milano red.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Intermediate

You'll need the

ill be looking into the repo brand lights, thanx

so everything else bolted on just fine?
Old 04-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Intermediate

Does anyone one know where they sell it unpainted?
Old 04-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Racer

Hey if you wanna spend the money then thata fine but im telling you when i installed my bumpers i found no need for them as my 2011 induction plates fit fine. Everything bolted up for me and nothing was loose.

If you are indeed 20years old, I'm wasting time talking to you! I have more than 20 years as a certified master heavy automotive tech.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by FranzTL
thanks! i dint know i needed the induction plate..other than these parts everything else bolts up the same?
Those parts are need to properly channel a the air flow onto the engine cooling system & out under the vehicle. Once these parts are assembled into the bumper it bolts right up as the original. So you know, my 2013 TSX has the full kit. I'm not guessing & cutting corner as I tell you what is needed.

Last edited by evo9; 04-06-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Racer

Please let your paint code be the guide! Milano Red is R81. That is the code for 2012, 2013 & 2014. The bumper to the best of my knowledge does not come unpainted.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Burning Brakes

I dont believe they come unpainted

If you are indeed 20years old, I'm wasting time talking to you! I have more than 20 years as a certified master heavy automotive tech.
Lol you're one of those people thinking just cause you're older that means you know everything the world has to offer. Everyone has their own way of doing things, think of it as being a painter, every painter has their own methods and spray technique.

Those parts are need to properly channel a the air flow onto the engine cooling system & out under the vehicle. Once these parts are assembled into the bumper it bolts right up as the original. So you know, my 2013 TSX has the full kit. I'm not guessing & cutting corner as I tell you what is needed.
Like i said if you used those parts then thats fine with me im just saying in MY opinion you dont need them, im not guessing and cutting corners, i went through every thread possible regarding the bumpers and eliminated what i felt wasnt needed. Everything bolted up for me and had ZERO issues as my car can perfectly project

AND ill even go a little further if you REALLY ABSOLUTELY FEEL THE NEED to install part number 5 and 6 then thats fine, they really dont do much..

Old 04-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts
Is yours PWP or BWP?
Old 04-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Racer

I dont believe they come unpainted

Lol you're one of those people thinking just cause you're older that means you know everything the world has to offer. Everyone has their own way of doing things, think of it as being a painter, every painter has their own methods and spray technique.

Like i said if you used those parts then thats fine with me im just saying in MY opinion you dont need them, im not guessing and cutting corners, i went through every thread possible regarding the bumpers and eliminated what i felt wasnt needed. Everything bolted up for me and had ZERO issues as my car can perfectly project

So you are saying Honda puts parts on the car that is not necessary. And experience techs such as myself who understands the scheme of things are a bunch of old know it all. With age comes wisdom! I hope you gain some as you grow older. The sides air induction plates that you failed to install has made your car louder & light on the front end. And when I say light I don't mean weight! Then again in your opinion those are not important. Considering the loud exhaust & lack of suspension.

Yes, you are entitle to your opinion as WRONG as it my be!

Let me leave you with this. Auto manufactures spend a lot of money each year on aerodynamics & wind tunnel testing. You may go ahead have the final word as I'm done making my point. I have put forth the correct information for the OP of this thread. Which ever way he choose to go that's his business. In Japan the missing parts are sold as a kit for 2011 & up models.

Last edited by evo9; 04-06-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Slade037
Is yours PWP or BWP?
Premium white pearl

So you are saying Honda puts parts on the car that is not necessary. And experience techs such as myself who understands the scheme of things are a bunch of old know it all. The sides air induction plates that you failed to install has made your car louder & light on the front end. And when I say light I don't mean weight! Then again in your opinion those are not important. Considering the loud exhaust & lack of suspension.

Yes, you are entitle to your opinion as dumb as it my be!

Let me leave you with this. Auto manufactures spend a lot of money each year on aerodynamics & wind tunnel testing. You may go ahead have the final word as I'm done making my point. I have put forth the correct information for the OP of this thread. Which ever way he choose to go that's his business. In Japan the missing parts are sold as a kit for 2011 & up models.
Like i said, in MY opinion i felt they were not needed but in your's and honda's opinion they were needed and as dumb as that may be that's your opinion. When i installed my bumpers i checked everything and there was no benefit of installing those parts so i never bothered to get them, you're blowing things out proportion acting like if i got in an accident or something bad happens that those 5/6 parts were the cause of it. Never said you were a "bunch of know it all" BUT the way you made that comment towards my age indicates that just because i am a 20 year old you think i dont know anything that pertains to the situation. Good for you that you're an experienced tech, i congratulate you on that but your arrogance is what i do not clap for.

I honestly dont see how those side induction plates that goes behind the fog lights has made my car louder and lack of suspenion? Lol i had stock exhaust and bc coilovers, not sure what you've been reading.

Yea i saw your post links to those photos, not sure what that was about either, but yes Sav does have one of the cleanest CU2's I've seen on this forum so far.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:50 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 952 Posts
Premium white pearl

Like i said, in MY opinion i felt they were not needed but in your's and honda's opinion they were needed and as dumb as that may be that's your opinion. When i installed my bumpers i checked everything and there was no benefit of installing those parts so i never bothered to get them, you're blowing things out proportion acting like if i got in an accident or something bad happens that those 5/6 parts were the cause of it. Never said you were a "bunch of know it all" BUT the way you made that comment towards my age indicates that just because i am a 20 year old you think i dont know anything that pertains to the situation. Good for you that you're an experienced tech, i congratulate you on that but your arrogance is what i do not clap for.

I honestly dont see how those side induction plates that goes behind the fog lights has made my car louder and lack of suspenion? Lol i had stock exhaust and bc coilovers, not sure what you've been reading.

Yea i saw your post links to those photos, not sure what that was about either, but yes Sav does have one of the cleanest CU2's I've seen on this forum so far.
Nice to know that an immature brat knows more about what parts are necessary than the engineers who designed and built the car (who may or not be older but certainly know a helluva lot more about cars than you do).

Why would Acura put those parts in if they were useless?

Respond all you like. I'm out of this thread.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Lol just like him, oh because im 20 that makes me an imagure brat right? Honda may have put them in because they FELT the need to. I dont FEEL the need to put them in as i installed everything fine and had no problems. You say it as if every car manufacture and engineer is 100% perfect and makes no mistakes. I've actually inspected engineer's work before and everyone makes mistakes. Are you 100% satisfied with your car and everything the engineer designed? I HIGHLY doubt it

Similar to why people have 3 car garages, BECAUSE you can have it, its not needed.

Those induction scoops he keeps mentioning are basically acting like RPI scoops on a bmw, you can have them if you want but in my opinion there is no need. All its doing is redirecting and bringing more air towards the radiator, the front lower grille and upper grille brings more then enough air.

Say what you want and leave if you cant hold an argument and have a one sided brain to function on.

Last edited by tOny3; 04-07-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:35 AM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
sounds like someone was in a hurry and didn't feel like putting all the parts back on, or he broke them/lost them in the process.

those little plates are pretty important for bumper rigidity and airflow, but nobody sees it so it doesn't have to be installed right?
Old 04-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BattleofXs
sounds like someone was in a hurry and didn't feel like putting all the parts back on, or he broke them/lost them in the process.

those little plates are pretty important for bumper rigidity and airflow, but nobody sees it so it doesn't have to be installed right?
Sounds like someone was in a hurry to post a smart comment. I can tell you dont have the actual intelect or patience to read the thread or else you would've known i never opted to purchase those pieces in the first place.

Yea because i feel like a half yardstick stick size not even 2in in width will hold my car together since my oem shields nolted in just fine. Dont see how i was in a hurry if i had the patience to wait months before installing everything?
Old 04-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
I have the intellect and the patience, I am just being facetious.

Not installing all the proper parts constitutes cutting corners lol. No matter what excuse you can use.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
yo franz.. check out.. dchautomotiveparts.com < based in temecula, california. i just showed my local acura dealer and asked if they would price match. pretty much $200 off retail
Old 04-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 162 Likes on 133 Posts
I've had all the parts to do the conversion and sold them
As I didn't want to deal with pwp to bwp issue

Those extra parts may be left out yes but
They are there for aerodynamics and fuel savings
Plus if you leave the center diffuser out
It looks like something's missing