Everybody loves a poll - color thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 07:52 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Everybody loves a poll - color thread

Down to the wire here - both tech wagons

Graphite over black or Bellanova over taupe. The graphite probably looks more elegant but the white is easier to take care of. The black interior is easier to take care of but the taupe is cheerier. Decisions, decisions.

On a related but different topic - are there 17" OE wheels that look like the V6 wheels? I hate the 4cyl wheels but they'll make good winter wheels. Anybody have any V6 wheels - or a 17" OE equivalent for sale? Preferably in the greater DC area.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:10 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
MAN thats a tough choice. In terms of what I would pick personally..itd be the Bellanova white. Look at this thread here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-photograph-gallery-144/goodbye-09-gm-hello-11-pwp-830398/
Old 01-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 222 Likes on 205 Posts
Bellanova white with black interior x2
Old 01-31-2012, 08:36 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ttk5
MAN thats a tough choice. In terms of what I would pick personally..itd be the Bellanova white. Look at this thread here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=830398
Hmmm. Looking very good. Why can't I find the thread with the wagon pics?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:34 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by tobwac
Bellanova white with black interior x2
White over black isn't an option for the wagon.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 215 Likes on 169 Posts
Crap, don't write a long response and then vote. Vote first, then respond.

I voted GLM. I was agreeing that white is easier to maintain the graphite. It's been weeks since I've washed my car but you wouldn't really be able to tell unless you stared at it up close. On my old Grigio Metallic, it was much easier to tell when the car was clean, and more rewarding, too. If you like shiny cars, go with the GLM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I love both exterior colors, I own a Graphite wagon, but the ebony interior is hands down going to be easier to keep clean.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:39 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
When I saw the thread title I thought i was gonna hafta pop a bitch.

Anywayz, BWP!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXKid2010
When I saw the thread title I thought i was gonna hafta pop a bitch.

Anywayz, BWP!
i concur except i vote GLM. ebony interior is a must
Old 01-31-2012, 11:22 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Originally Posted by PyroDave
i concur except i vote GLM. ebony interior is a must
At least you have good interior colour choice...
Old 01-31-2012, 11:30 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
hahah i knew tsxkid was gonna throw a hissy fit. i was gonna be on his side too....

i'd go for glm...black interior is a must for me. and i believe the v6 wheels are 18s. someone correct me if i'm wrong. so yea you won't be able to find the v6 wheels in 17. you could try to get some 1G tsx wheels...i like them
The following users liked this post:
ed_423 (02-01-2012)
Old 02-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Drifting

Received 285 Likes on 245 Posts
Get the graphite, it's much classier. I saw one in the dealer and wanted to buy it (and i don't even like wagons). The white is too prevalent of a color and doesn't stand out. Trust me, you'll won't regret it.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:51 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum as I just purchased a 2012 bellanova white pearl tech tsx wagon last week and I LOVE the car and the color! I also had the same problem of deciding between the graphite grey and white. My friend had earlier bought an 2011 white wagon and I was sure I wanted that color UNTIL I went to the dealership to take my new white wagon home . When I went into the showroom there was this gorgeous graphite grey wagon shimmering under the showroom lights that took my breath away! The black interior was very sleek with the white stitching. Suddenly I didn't know if I wanted the white wagon anymore. The dealership was wonderful as they offered to pull the grey wagon out of the showroom and pull it next to the white one. They even told me to take it for a ride so I could "feel" the difference between the colors. These were my observations: Both colors looked equally gorgeous next to each other in the sun however the grey was not as brilliant as it looked under the showroom lights. I drove the grey wagon for about 20 min and noticed that the dark interior made the interior space feel a little smaller. We then immediately test drove the white wagon and instantly the "feeling" was one of openness and cheerfulness! The contrast of the black trim with the taupe interior was also very elegant. Living in Louisiana, we felt the lighter color would makes us feel cooler. Both colors are gorgeous and I don't think you will go wrong with either. This wagon is simply amazing in every aspect!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Graphite only because of the interior. un-pre-washed blue jeans, leather belts, leather jackets, you name it makes marks on taupe/beige leather. I haven't found a way to completely remove black polish from belts, etc. without scuffing the leather.

Some people don't mind this wear but it drives me f'n nuts.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:59 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by bayou tsx
Hi, I'm new to this forum as I just purchased a 2012 bellanova white pearl tech tsx wagon last week and I LOVE the car and the color! I also had the same problem of deciding between the graphite grey and white. My friend had earlier bought an 2011 white wagon and I was sure I wanted that color UNTIL I went to the dealership to take my new white wagon home . When I went into the showroom there was this gorgeous graphite grey wagon shimmering under the showroom lights that took my breath away! The black interior was very sleek with the white stitching. Suddenly I didn't know if I wanted the white wagon anymore. The dealership was wonderful as they offered to pull the grey wagon out of the showroom and pull it next to the white one. They even told me to take it for a ride so I could "feel" the difference between the colors. These were my observations: Both colors looked equally gorgeous next to each other in the sun however the grey was not as brilliant as it looked under the showroom lights. I drove the grey wagon for about 20 min and noticed that the dark interior made the interior space feel a little smaller. We then immediately test drove the white wagon and instantly the "feeling" was one of openness and cheerfulness! The contrast of the black trim with the taupe interior was also very elegant. Living in Louisiana, we felt the lighter color would makes us feel cooler. Both colors are gorgeous and I don't think you will go wrong with either. This wagon is simply amazing in every aspect!
Right. You feel my pain.

Originally Posted by On The Run
Graphite only because of the interior. un-pre-washed blue jeans, leather belts, leather jackets, you name it makes marks on taupe/beige leather. I haven't found a way to completely remove black polish from belts, etc. without scuffing the leather.

Some people don't mind this wear but it drives me f'n nuts.
I generally don't wear jeans but I have this concern as well with the light interior. There are also the lighter carpeting issues too but do the pros outweigh the cons? Decisions decisions. In addition, the dealer I've been working with only has the white, so he'd have to get the gray from another local dealer.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
GLM with ebony! light interior gets stained/dirty easily from what I've seen on here.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:41 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
GLM all the way.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:05 PM
m13
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Graphite, hands down b/c of the ebony interior. I have a black/black wagon, and wouldn't be able to live with the tan leather. Only you can answer this, are you going to use your wagon for wagon-y type things (ie hauling, carrying, packing, etc)? If so, black interior is far easier to clean than tan, doesn't show dirt, so on and so forth.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:42 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Originally Posted by bayou tsx
Where you from dude? From your username I infer somewhere close by...lol
Old 02-02-2012, 06:59 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

The dealer I've been working with has come down in price on the white one and I'd need to start discussions all over with the other dealer.

More decisions.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 215 Likes on 169 Posts
I've got black interior now, came from taupe, and I'm much happier with the black. I wear jeans and the color rubbed off very easily on the taupe.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:11 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
The dealer I've been working with has come down in price on the white one and I'd need to start discussions all over with the other dealer.

More decisions.
When I got my car, I emailed just about every Acura dealer in the Tri-State to haggle a price through their internet department. So I would just email other dealers and see if they are willing to match the price of the white car. If they dont reply or tell you to come in....chances are they aren't planning to deal with you in person either.

I've had a dealer, Paragon Acura in Queens, NY call me a liar when I asked them to counter offer a deal I was given by another NY dealer, but other than that it was a very painless and easy experience. I ended up buying from Smithtown Acura since they matched the lowest offer I got and I was in and out in under 30 minutes.

Oh and I voted plasti-dip on the poll to be annoying. I would definitely go with a Black interior since it wont show dirt as others have stated. I had a light interior before and it looked so dirty in no time.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:56 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by denwhat
When I got my car, I emailed just about every Acura dealer in the Tri-State to haggle a price through their internet department. So I would just email other dealers and see if they are willing to match the price of the white car. If they dont reply or tell you to come in....chances are they aren't planning to deal with you in person either.

I've had a dealer, Paragon Acura in Queens, NY call me a liar when I asked them to counter offer a deal I was given by another NY dealer, but other than that it was a very painless and easy experience. I ended up buying from Smithtown Acura since they matched the lowest offer I got and I was in and out in under 30 minutes.

Oh and I voted plasti-dip on the poll to be annoying. I would definitely go with a Black interior since it wont show dirt as others have stated. I had a light interior before and it looked so dirty in no time.
One issue is my trade. I know I wouldn't have an issue negotiating the price of the new car but the trade makes dealer visits imperative.

Because MD charges the difference in salestax between the trade and the new car, selling a car privately becomes more difficult. In my case, I'd have to sell my car for about $2k more privately to make up the difference. s the dealer is paying above book price for my trade that makes it even more difficult.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:43 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

I wonder if I can plastdip the exterior AND the inside.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:20 AM
WTH happened to my garage

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
Because MD charges the difference in salestax between the trade and the new car,
Wow, what a rip! In Florida, if you trade a 20k car for a 30k car, you only pay tax on the 10k difference.

For relevant content, I vote white. I'm tired of being a slave to black cars.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:22 AM
8th Gear

In Louisiana sales tax is also only paid on the difference in price between the new vehicle and the trade in. We therefore paid much less sales tax on the new car and would have had to sell the old vehicle at a significantly higher price to break even. We also found a dealer that gave us a much better price on our trade in ( more than blue book value )and so made the deal through them.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:37 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by HeavyDuty
Wow, what a rip! In Florida, if you trade a 20k car for a 30k car, you only pay tax on the 10k difference.

Right - that's the same in MD. VA and DC charge the tax on the full value of the new car but MD "only" charges the difference - the reason why a private sale would have to net substatially more money.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Rich and Famous

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
In my garage there is a beauty White Pearl Venza parked next to my Greigo MDX.
I always thought White would stay the cleanest but in practice ...
Her's is often dirty with darker dirt.
Think it depends on what kinda dirt you have in your area.

I dont think you can beat ebony leather for wear and richness but should have AC seats for cool non Alex Baldwin sweaty balls.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:39 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by HeavyDuty
I agree, I'm tired of having to paint correct my car every few months just to get rid of swirls.

The only concern is the lighter interior.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:49 PM
8th Gear

Because we have warm weather 10 mos. out of the year ( New Orleans) we keep a small towel on the front seats of our cars (also great for the occasional coffee spills). The leather seats in all our cars always looked new (light colored leather also) . The only exception was in our 96 Avalon where no towel was kept and my husband would forget to remove his screw driver from his back pocket. Not a pretty sight!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:50 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

The verdict is in. Because of pricing - a $4k difference in price, I've gone with the dealer who had the best price - so I'm picking. Up my new Bellanova white tech wagonon Thursday.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:14 PM
8th Gear

Congrats!!!!