Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Climate Control

I looked through the threads and couldn't find that this issue had already been addressed. I've noticed that when I have the Climate Control set to "Auto", the air only seems to come out of the two side vents and the vents up near the windshield. I'd prefer it to come out at a "Chest and Feet" setting, like you'd get when using the "Mode" button. But when I do set it to that setting using the Mode button, the Auto light automatically goes off. And I don't think that the Climate Control is even still on.. it just blows at a constant speed forever. Is there a way I can get the Auto setting to blow at my chest and feet (or whatever I choose), and still regulate the temperature?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I've never really noticed this because I don't care where the air comes from, as long as it warms the cabin up or cools it off. The auto function means the car is going to do everything it's way. If you want it your way and change one thing, then it's not full auto and the indicator goes off. Can't have it both ways, so the answer to your question is no. However, there is also a semi-auto mode. This is where the auto light is off, but there is still some auto function. When you choose to direct the air flow, the "auto" indicator goes off and car goes into semi-auto mode. So that one change you made is manual, but everything else like maintining your temp settings, is still automated.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think I read in the manual that states "Auto" should be on most of the time. Why is that? I thought that turning the heater or AC off would save on gas. I usually keep my climate control off.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by risc
I think I read in the manual that states "Auto" should be on most of the time. Why is that? I thought that turning the heater or AC off would save on gas. I usually keep my climate control off.
You live in CA, so you have the option of leaving the climate control off. The majority of us don't really have that option.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by risc
The manual doesn't state it should be on "auto" all the time. It just says it the climate control should not be turned completely off for any length of time. They want you to keep it on at all times citing the fact that mold and/or mildew could form in the ducts if you don't. Also, you aren't getting fresh air pumped in otherwise. Sounds like a pretty good reason to follow the suggestion, so mine stays on at all times.