Cargo liner for wagon

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cargo liner for wagon

Looking at the instructions I found online, it appears that you have to remove the tonneau cover in order to use the cargo liner. Anyone here own one? Also, is the left side storage bin accessible with the liner in place?

I have a Siberian Husky and shedding is a factor. The cargo tray is less money, allows you to use the tonneau cover, and is easier to remove but, obviously, won't keep fur off the fuzzy sides on the compartment.

Tim
Old 01-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts
Your Siberian Husky fits under the tonneau cover? Seriously, I would not be that concerned about the cover. SUVs aren't even sold with them. Tint the windows for some visibility protection as well as the heat, and then just get the liner. I'm guessing the ridges of the cargo tray wouldn't be as comfortable either.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PPower
Your Siberian Husky fits under the tonneau cover? Seriously, I would not be that concerned about the cover. SUVs aren't even sold with them. Tint the windows for some visibility protection as well as the heat, and then just get the liner. I'm guessing the ridges of the cargo tray wouldn't be as comfortable either.
Funny. I still like to use to slide out cover when she is not there. Keeps things out of sight and reduces heat build up on whatever mat I put in there.

Often, in Summer, I'll take her somewhere and need to pull the cover to keep the rubber mat from getting so hot it burns her feet.

Tim
Old 01-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Racer

The liner is a canvas type, so that portion would be less of a factor. For heat, I fully stand behind 3M Crystalline window tint. I even have 70% on my full windshield.

As for fitment of the cargo cover, here is the installation pdf that I found from handa-accessories.com It doesn't look like it impedes the fitment of the tonneau cover. It's just that you probably wouldn't want the cover during the times you need the liner. It suggests keeping the liner in its storage bag when not being used which is really odd to me. I'd use it full time.
http://www.handa-accessories.com/tsx/liner.pdf
Old 01-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PPower
The liner is a canvas type, so that portion would be less of a factor. For heat, I fully stand behind 3M Crystalline window tint. I even have 70% on my full windshield.

As for fitment of the cargo cover, here is the installation pdf that I found from handa-accessories.com It doesn't look like it impedes the fitment of the tonneau cover. It's just that you probably wouldn't want the cover during the times you need the liner. It suggests keeping the liner in its storage bag when not being used which is really odd to me. I'd use it full time.
http://www.handa-accessories.com/tsx/liner.pdf
Thanks, those are the instructions I have. They say to remove the cover, insert 4 tabs, 3 headrest loops and 31 velcro fasteners. Sounds like a chore to pull out and put back in. That is why I'm trying to find someone who has this product so I can see if it blocks access to the left side bin and such. It may be easier to just use the rubber mat and clean out the hair from time to time. I'd like to use the "hidden" compartments every now and then without an ordeal.

Tim
Old 01-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Bicycle Addict

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the liner, the side storage is accessible with little trouble. The bottom storage is accessible although with a little more difficulty.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BikingDerek
I have the liner, the side storage is accessible with little trouble. The bottom storage is accessible although with a little more difficulty.
Great, thanks. Are you able to put the tonneau cover in place along with the liner?

Tim
Old 01-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Racer

Great to finally hear of somebody who actually has this. I'm REALLY surprised that it's not more common besides the fact that, from a dealer, the service department would probably charge the sales dept. $100 to stick on the velcro tabs for installation. Aside from access to the bottom storage, this seems like a no brainer for dog owners. It looks like accessing the side panel involves just removing the two friction fit tabs.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Bicycle Addict

The cargo cover fits without issue. I can take pictures later if wanted.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Intermediate

The cargo cover fits without issue. I can take pictures later if wanted.
Thanks! I'm supposed to get the car tomorrow so will have to pick up the liner pretty soon. Not sure if the dealer has one but the online price should be less.

Tim
Old 01-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Bicycle Addict

The dealer installed mine for free and gave a discount when I purchased mine with the car. You might see if they would be willing to do the same.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Intermediate

The dealer installed mine for free and gave a discount when I purchased mine with the car. You might see if they would be willing to do the same.
I plan to. I already tried to get it thrown in but he declined. My price is still lower than dealer costs found online but you know a profit is still being made. Otherwise they would not sell it.

Tim
Old 01-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Always Winter!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have my hound in the back, and i plan on just getting the rubber tray and using that. good thing my dog is black and the car is black, makes sheding a little more managable.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by endlesswinterco
i have my hound in the back, and i plan on just getting the rubber tray and using that. good thing my dog is black and the car is black, makes sheding a little more managable.
Yeah, you can barely call what hounds do shedding. At least compared to the double coat of a Siberian Husky. I could not believe how much fur had accumulated in all the back of my Subaru. The material they all use for the storage area just seems to hold onto the fur with a vengance. So, the liner seems a smart move.

Tim