Australian Accord Euro CU2 - Arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Australian Accord Euro CU2 - Arrived!

The CU2 only just came to Australia less than a month ago, and after signing papers a few days after launch, here are some shots of the CU2 on the delivery truck yesterday. Havent had much time to put up comparison shots against my (also grey) CL9 but i will do so after i get this CU2 properly waxed!

Initial thoughts - no proper iPod integration like you guys in the states get. No proper bluetooth either. I got the Sat Nav pack which i guess is equivalent to your 'tech pack' only ours is not so techie !

Build quality is much better than the CL9 so far though! Everything feels more refined, buttons have a more tactile and solid feel, gaps (such as in the handbrake) are smaller and concealed with leather. The opening latches open smoother and there are less gaps and movement when fully open. I was very surprised with build quality after i got to inspect it closer, much better than i initially thought.

The bad - We get ripped a new one on cars here in Australia. It costs the equivalent of US$48k for the Accord Euro Luxury Sat Nav here in Australia, almost twice the cost! But the relatively good thing is that the entry A4, 320i, C200, IS250 costs about US$60k, so its still cheaper than those ones.

Anyway, here are some shots of the car just as it was on the delivery truck .

Rear:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...k/f04167ba.jpg

Front:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...k/5d68f602.jpg

Cheers!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice!

i can't believe i'm saying this, but i actually like the bucktooth Acura grill over the Euro Accord grill. it looks more classy and less bland now. i guess Acura saw this and people will get used to the grill or were ahead of it's time.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by kimnkk
The bad - We get ripped a new one on cars here in Australia. It costs the equivalent of US$48k for the Accord Euro Luxury Sat Nav here in Australia, almost twice the cost! But the relatively good thing is that the entry A4, 320i, C200, IS250 costs about US$60k, so its still cheaper than those ones.
Wow, cars are $$$ there, eh? Jeez.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Mokos23
nice!

i can't believe i'm saying this, but i actually like the bucktooth Acura grill over the Euro Accord grill. it looks more classy and less bland now. i guess Acura saw this and people will get used to the grill or were ahead of it's time.

i can believe im saying it. US Grill > Euro Grill. But for all the haters out there of the 2nd gen the Euro grill is a solution from them
Old 07-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Intermediate

What is that?, a first gen accord in front of the new accords in the first pic...no wait it's a standard civic. Had to throw that in
Old 07-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Racer

wheels are much better than we get.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Intermediate

Thanks for the responses guys. Haven't had a chance to wax it yet and i've only managed to get the odo up to 50km (up from the 4 when it was delivered though).

Certainly feels a lot heavier but also feels like it 'pulls' a bit more compared with the CL9. Again, very pleased with the build quality, i was very disappointed with my CL9 after playing with the Audi A4, B8 gen. But this CU2 is up there with the build quality of the B8 A4 imo. Hidden hinges, no creaks, better materials than CL9 (imo), tighter fit and overall interior aesthetics definitely improved.

Just one thing, what is that shark fin thing you have on your roof for? We dont' get it in Australia (our radio antennae is in our rear windshield). Don't know where my sat nav antennae is though. I would love to be able to get a that fin here
Old 07-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Advanced

Shark fin = satellite antenna (XM Radio).
Old 07-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JoeC1982
You can say that again.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think so too!! I am hoping we will get them on the "higher performance" model that is supposed to be coming.

Kimnkk, looks good and please take some more photos, especially of your rims. What year was your CL9?
Old 07-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by soon4tsx
Shark fin = satellite antenna (XM Radio).
Ah, no XM radio here . Maybe someone would make replica fins, i know, ricey, but hey, why not? .

Yeah i guess it does but that doesn't nearly make up for it because we don't get proper iPod integration nor do we get nifty things like using the sat nav to figure out how hard the climate control should work. No lane assist, no radar based cruise control and no proper bluetooth! We loose out by far
Old 07-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JeffS
I think so too!! I am hoping we will get them on the "higher performance" model that is supposed to be coming.

Kimnkk, looks good and please take some more photos, especially of your rims. What year was your CL9?
You've already got us on features, don't take away my rims, please! .

Will do mate, i've got to get this car properly waxed first - dealers have no idea how to wax, which is why i told them not to else they would just swirl up the car .

My CL9 is 2004 one in dark grey (Graphite Pearl they call it, i'm not sure what that would be for you guys). That has been waxed so its ready to go.

Here's a shot of the rims that i took on delivery day. Sorry, i haven't had a chance to take anymore pictures apart from that, its been all rainy over the weekend .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...k/f816a245.jpg

If you guys would like any photos of anything in particular, let me know .
Old 07-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kimnkk, thanks for the photo and so quickly. I don't want to steal your rims, just borrow some extras for an upper level model.

Sorry your market gets screwed on features. Proper Bluetooth is a huge selling point for me. Here in CA hands free phone usage is required or you will receive a ticket. I've gotten so used to it on my 06 that I would be lost without it. I think Bluetooth should be standard (or at least optional) on every car now.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:56 AM
Intermediate

Finally, got a chance to wax both cars today! Couldn't get them done before it got too dark but i'll get some better photos tomorrow

Ordered new plates as well, slim black ones like on my CL9 to replace these ugly giant white and blue ones!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...k/cd049639.jpg

Edit: That's dew settling on the bonnet, not faded paint
Old 07-24-2008, 06:09 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by jdimase821
You can say that again.
Although I agree with you that those wheels look really nice, I think they would be harder to keep clean compared to ours...I hate wheels that have little nooks and crannies
Old 07-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I agree with the majority that the Euro/Japanese Accord spec wheels look better than Acura's. Looks like they get headlight washers too. But I'm curious as to why anyone would be surprised that the Acura is better equipped. Not to sound elitist, but even though the TSX and Euro/Japanese Accord are badge-engineered versions of the same car, the upmarket Acura version had damned well better at least have higher levels of equipment and better materials inside.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Craig-D
I agree with the majority that the Euro/Japanese Accord spec wheels look better than Acura's. Looks like they get headlight washers too. But I'm curious as to why anyone would be surprised that the Acura is better equipped. Not to sound elitist, but even though the TSX and Euro/Japanese Accord are badge-engineered versions of the same car, the upmarket Acura version had damned well better at least have higher levels of equipment and better materials inside.

The Acura is better equipped? A fully specced Accord Euro has a lot more features then the TSX. It even goes as far as having wood trim on the center console, adjustable low-beams (adjustable in-cabin), CMBS, etc... So, not to sound elitist, but the Honda version has the same quality of materials (although the Accord euro has a few more touches, like wood grained trim on the center console) and it also has more toys. Kinda sad but I think the Accord Euro also costs more fully specced.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:15 AM
Racer

Congrats. I like the Euro Grill and the headlight washers.
Best Regards,
Umair
08 PWP/Parchment/Base Auto