Anyone installed Nimbus GPS dealership tracking?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 05:30 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Anyone installed Nimbus GPS dealership tracking?

Hi, all!!

about year ago when I financed my 13 Acura TSX, the dealer (Center Acura in Sherman Oaks) offer me to install GPS device.

Of course, I had to pay for the installation and the device itself, but they offer to lower the APR about 3 percent (about $40 off monthly, i assume) than what was offered...

I didn't care, but wanted to take the car home and 3percent is a lot since I had mediocre credit so i took it...

a year half later, it was nice using the phone app to track my vehicle once in a while, and now i have an android phone so there was no app for it...

also, do you think they'll know if i take it down? I mean, i certainty hope that I don't miss any payments but they are also tracking me right?

anyone was offered??
Old 09-27-2014, 10:57 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 952 Posts
You're kidding, right? Do you really think that anyone is going to say "I have piss poor credit so I paid to make it easier for the dealer to repo my car?

Me? I'm paying 0 percent and I know (not hope) that I'll never miss a payment.

If there is any question about missing a payment then you should be driving a 10 year old Civic.

What does it help you if others are in the same dire financial situation as you are?

And yes, they'll know if you've tampered with the device.
The following users liked this post:
iCrap (09-27-2014)
Old 09-27-2014, 11:08 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

Received 856 Likes on 643 Posts
I agree with Ceb. Pick up a 1995 civic.

The more primer and the bigger the spoiler the better.
The following users liked this post:
xtcnrice (09-28-2014)
Old 09-28-2014, 09:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 88 Posts
I doubt the dealer checks on the car regularly.

Could you request removal once you've paid a certain percentage of the principle?
Old 09-28-2014, 01:52 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 952 Posts
Originally Posted by musty hustla
I doubt the dealer checks on the car regularly.

Could you request removal once you've paid a certain percentage of the principle?
it does real time tracking with tampering alerts.

In principle, you might be able to have the dealer remove it once enough principal has been paid.

This is a prime example on why good credit is vital. The OP is paying high interest and is paying even more to allow the dealer to repo his car easier. He is :getting screwed no matter what he does.

His only way of getting out of this mess is to spend the next 7 years paying down his debts and not taking on additional debt. The last thing he should be doing is driving a new car. A late 90s Accord is reliable and still looks good.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
i do have higher apr than someone with an excellent credit, but it is not a double digit...

well, i know for sure, i wouldn't get repo or else, i would pay in full (which i can right now).. the reason i said i have mediocre credit is because of the credit history (about 3 years) and they wouldn't give me like 2 or 3 percent.. also i need to build my credit and so forth...

i don't know why you guys get all offensive but if i can afford it, then i buy it, if not i would never even consider getting this car or any car in fact.

i am just posting this for those who had the same or similar experiences.

Whether i have the gps tracking system or not, they will still track it down... so am i screwed?? no, not if i can pay the principle...