Acura announces 0.90% apr on 2009 tsx!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Too much chrome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura announces 0.90% apr on 2009 tsx!

I knew this day would come, Acura is offering .09 percent financing on the new tsx! Check it out for yourselves, now is the perfect time to buy

http://eshopping.honda.com/allspecia...ctCookies=true
Old 11-24-2008, 06:53 PM
4th Gear

cool, i was having thots on when i shoud pull the trigger as others ( ie toyota) posted enticing offers. gonna wait till the last possible week.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Advanced

0.90% APR for 24 -36 months or 2.90% APR for 37 - 60 months.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Instructor

It was just released today. Also a special money factor as well. Let me know if you are in the so cal area and need any help.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Banned

I plan to pay my TSX off pretty fast but wow I still feel like a sucker having only bought it a week ago. I also bought a PS2 a few years ago just days before Sony dropped the price $100 so I had to take it back and claim it was defective and re-buy a PS2 for $100 less. It would probably be a little more of a hassle to pull that maneuver with a car though.

Last edited by wackura; 11-24-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
It wont matter as very little buyers will qualify for tier one credit and thos who qualify can get pretty close interest rate financing anyway. mine leased so it is short period with few hundred dollars here and there wont make a difference.
so enjoy ur car.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:26 AM
Cruisin'

I've been trolling for a while getting ready to pull the trigger on an 09 TSX. We had a deposit with the dealer last week on white with parchment and I had set up financing with my credit union for 4.74 for 60 mo. Dealer called me yesterday AM and asked I would be interested in the new promotion. I of course said yes. He called back with approval in 10 minutes after faxing the credit app.

I was buying the car regardless. Might as well save $1300 over the life of the loan. I was very leary buying a new car this close to the holidays. We were between an Accord EX-L or the TSX. The extras in the TSX for such a small difference in price (less than $3k) made it a no brainer in my eyes. We missed my wifes '02 CL since we sold after having kids. We are excited to get back into the Acura brand after along run of Toyotas. We are both in our 30's exactly what this car was targeted for....jh
Old 11-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Too much chrome

I did a calculation last night, and if you choose financing over paying the car straight out, and you invest the money in a 4% savings account, you'll be saving over $1,500 on the car
Old 11-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Safety Car

My point was when a person makes 30K investment in depreciable asset for enjoyment couple of hundred bucks should not be a big deal over couple of years. if there is some extra profit for dealer they usually return in otherways like accessories/installation/maintainance/loaner car service.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wackura
I plan to pay my TSX off pretty fast but wow I still feel like a sucker having only bought it a week ago. I also bought a PS2 a few years ago just days before Sony dropped the price $100 so I had to take it back and claim it was defective and re-buy a PS2 for $100 less. It would probably be a little more of a hassle to pull that maneuver with a car though.
yeap, same here.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:50 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
0.9% - what's the friggin point?!?! just give us 0.0% honda - you cheapskate!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:17 PM
10th Gear

Hi all! New to the forums (been lurking for a few months now as I researched). Decided on the 09 TSX & Ive been holding out trying to save up the fundage. These APRs are too good to pass up, so I will be heading to a dealer next week (during my vacation). Been quoted under 31k from multiple dealers (tech/auto) -hope they dont try to screw me over.

Can't wait!
Old 11-26-2008, 02:35 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow sales must really be bad.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:17 AM
Banned

TSX sales are down 1.6% from 2007 year to date but overall Acura sales are down 16.2%. Auto sales in the US are down overall 31.9% from 2007 year to date. This special APR deal is probably about overall business and not specifically the TSX.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Cruisin'

Getting mine for dealer invoice and am getting top $ for my trade. The first Acura dealer we went to insulted me on the trade but would sell me the car for $100 over invoice, I walked.

I wound up with a better deal by walking on the first deal. jh
Old 11-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Instructor

What dealer did you end up going to? I've received some awesome quotes for the TSX but trade-in values are important to me as well. I'm likely going to sell privately but if a dealer could actually offer a fair amount I might go for it for the convenience of an all-in-one deal.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Banned

You have to figure out what the wholesale value is for your car and demand that much for the trade in and walk away if they don't agree to it. You can't ask for better than wholesale because if they can get the same car for wholesale somewhere then they are getting screwed out of money. Of course anything they pay over wholesale will secretly be tacked onto the price of the car being bought to offset the difference. Once you know the wholesale value you should just treat the car as X amount of cash and don't allow the sales person or his "manager" to adjust the value whatsoever. They might ask how you determined the wholesale value and berate your sources so keep that a secret. Tell them you took their concerns into account and walk if they continue to insult you further.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Instructor

Not all cars are worth wholesale. High mile cars, soft make and models, damaged titles, and Trucks/suvs tend to be back of wholesale. It all depends on the car and the condition of the car. Dealers take in consideration what their reconditioning cost are going to be. If they need new tires, brakes, belts, intense detail, etc, the value is going to be less as well. Just FYI. Also, don't think a dealer is insulting you with a trade value, that would mean you are insulting them for asking below sticker. Right?
Old 11-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
^^^ I'll second that. If you pick up the Kelly Blue Book, one of the first pages defines what Wholesale value is. Its actually an interesting read.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Cruisin'

It's all about getting the best overall deal. Just visit more than one dealer.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jehines3
It's all about getting the best overall deal. Just visit more than one dealer.
Like I have said before. The best price isn't always the best deal. I would be willing to pay more to stay local, shorter distance, better customer service, and trust. Don't turn dealers against each other, just go with one that you think is fair.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AustinJay
Not all cars are worth wholesale. High mile cars, soft make and models, damaged titles, and Trucks/suvs tend to be back of wholesale. It all depends on the car and the condition of the car. Dealers take in consideration what their reconditioning cost are going to be. If they need new tires, brakes, belts, intense detail, etc, the value is going to be less as well. Just FYI. Also, don't think a dealer is insulting you with a trade value, that would mean you are insulting them for asking below sticker. Right?
The overall condition of the car is taken into account when determining wholesale to begin with. A used car bought wholesale is no more or less likely to need work than a trade in. The most important thing is to determine a reasonable trade in value before going into it and not letting the sales person talk you down and out of money. If that means walking away then so be it. Do more research or try another dealer. If you're honestly willing to give away $1000 at the baragaining table on account of the salesperson casting some doubt about the value of your trade in then you have already lost and will lose some more.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Banned

Like I have said before. The best price isn't always the best deal. I would be willing to pay more to stay local, shorter distance, better customer service, and trust. Don't turn dealers against each other, just go with one that you think is fair.
Turning them against eachother is more likely to produce a fair result than not doing so. They aren't going to give away a car under any circumstance.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Instructor

Turning them against eachother is more likely to produce a fair result than not doing so. They aren't going to give away a car under any circumstance.
They will "give away" a car. Talk to the internet dept first. That is a sure fire way. The will give you the best "fair" price upfront. And as for trades go, all trade ins and wholesale cars need to go through reconditioning. Especially cars that need to be certified. Ie trading in a honda to a honda dealer, an acura to an acura dealer. They also have to go through smog and safety which can cost money too. A dealership is a business and a business non the less. They need to make money just any other business.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Banned

They will "give away" a car. Talk to the internet dept first. That is a sure fire way. The will give you the best "fair" price upfront.
Obviously they won't bother with the transaction if they come out behind somehow. if they are willing to deal they will come out ahead in the end.

And as for trades go, all trade ins and wholesale cars need to go through reconditioning. Especially cars that need to be certified. Ie trading in a honda to a honda dealer, an acura to an acura dealer. They also have to go through smog and safety which can cost money too. A dealership is a business and a business non the less. They need to make money just any other business.
Obviously the wholesale value of a car takes into account the general amount that will need to be put into it to make it salable on a car lot. That's why wholesale is less than both private party and retail.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Instructor

Obviously the wholesale value of a car takes into account the general amount that will need to be put into it to make it salable on a car lot. That's why wholesale is less than both private party and retail.
Here is an example:
2006 Mini Cooper Base 5MT w/ 32,878 miles
Retail Value $21,505
Wholesale Value $18,200
Private party good $17,955
Trade in good $15,925
Dealer gave $16,000
Reconditioning Cost $1850
Selling price is $20,990

Why doesn't this match what you are saying?
Old 11-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Banned

I have no idea where you got that info and what a vague anecdotal case has to do with the overall concept. If that were my Mini Cooper I would have demanded $18,200 for trade in and if I didn't get it I would leave regardless of wether I was in the right because I'm not going to get some sales guy say "we can only give you $16,000 for it because it needs new belts."
Old 11-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Instructor

I have no idea where you got that info and what a vague anecdotal case has to do with the overall concept. If that were my Mini Cooper I would have demanded $18,200 for trade in and if I didn't get it I would leave regardless of wether I was in the right because I'm not going to get some sales guy say "we can only give you $16,000 for it because it needs new belts."
Origin = KBB.com (try it out, the numbers match)

Also, you said wholesale is cheaper than trade in. Why would you expect to get more than trade in when TRADING IN a car?
Old 11-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

Where did I say wholesale is cheaper than trade in?
Old 11-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Instructor

Where did I say wholesale is cheaper than trade in?
Sorry, you said wholesale is less than private party which isn't always the case. But back to my last question, why would you expect more than "trade in" value when you are "trading in" a car?
Old 11-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Banned

Sorry, you said wholesale is less than private party which isn't always the case. But back to my last question, why would you expect more than "trade in" value when you are "trading in" a car?
I'm not sure what you mean by that question, but when they get a car wholesale it's my understanding that the car hasn't been repaired or refurbed in any way. As far as I can tell there is little or no distinction in wholesale versus trade in vehicles. One is not inherently worth more than the other because no investment has been placed in either one.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Instructor

I'm not sure what you mean by that question, but when they get a car wholesale it's my understanding that the car hasn't been repaired or refurbed in any way. As far as I can tell there is little or no distinction in wholesale versus trade in vehicles. One is not inherently worth more than the other because no investment has been placed in either one.
To be be honest, dealers only really use wholesale when working with banks. They get cars at what ever auction is. There is nothing set in stone what that would be. So, it's really hard to put a value on a trade. You can't demand wholesale when the car isn't worth it and you don't want to demand wholesale if it's worth more (Integra type R, Buick Grand national, and other hard to find vehicles) Just try and not look at the dealer like they are scum, it's all negotiable. Your car and theirs.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Banned

It's important to hold fast to the wholesale value when negotiating because it's all you have working in your favor. if they dealer offers $1000 less and gives some dumb excuse as to why are you just going to take him at his word? Why they ef would anyone take a salesman at their word, and with that gone what are you left with? Dealers are scum for all intents and purposes. The fact that they force you to negotiate in the first place to avoid getting fuicked at all makes them scum in my mind. The nice people who mean well get takn while the hustlers who know better game there way to a fair deal. It's not a good thing.

Last edited by wackura; 11-26-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Safety Car

In this market (where every things is depreciating within days) you have to consider one thing. even some one think that car is worth more but to find Private party buyers or even alternate dealer to get it back is hard thing by itself. So i consider trade in as a favor by dealer rather than loss. A person can probably get some more by few hundred but than it has to go through all the hassale of waiting and negotiation and car becomes older and lose value more.
I will give 2006 TSX example. Excellent retail Value may be around $21 to $22K. Private party is around $18 to $19K. If person can get trade in around $20K. It should be fine. A little more than private party but less than retail. It is just not possible to get retail value as trade in. Otherwise how can dealer advertized the same car again above retial value. It is usually hard to get financing on old car with higher interest rates and mileage restrictions. I tend to think it is even harder to offload slightly old cars than new one. New one alteast has some desirability for consumers.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Banned

Dealers will refuse to take undesirable vehicles as trade-ins, particularily American made SUVs which you can't give away anymore. If you're using "dealer" and "favor" in the same sentance you're automaticly wrong.

There is not a snowball's chance in hell of getting $20k trade in for a 2006 TSX.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Instructor

Dealers will refuse to take undesirable vehicles as trade-ins, particularily American made SUVs which you can't give away anymore. If you're using "dealer" and "favor" in the same sentance you're automaticly wrong.

There is not a snowball's chance in hell of getting $20k trade in for a 2006 TSX.
You seem bitter. Did you get your head cracked at a dealer?
Old 11-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Banned

No.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Safety Car

Acura does conduct after sales survey both on phone and online and they ask very specific questions about experiance. Dealers has reputation and business online with Acura. i do think they are trying to provide the best they can considering the business conditions.
I agree that dealers will not want to get undesirable vehicles but i had no problem in offloading my 2006 TSX for trade in around 20k. and it has touch ups on back bumper and front side fenders, peeling off gril chrome, front bumper marks, curbs rashes on all rimes, only 4/10 tire life left.
Excellent dealer ship experiance thats why i jumped into 09 TSX with 18inc Yok advan sport tires. these tires are more expensive than OEM Michellin on tire rack. you have to look at overall package and experiance.
TSX is actually very good cars in holding its value. there alot more TL in the lot with much lower prices than TSX. I could have gotten 08 Type S TL for similar price as TSX 09 Tech with much better deal. But TSX is more desirable car. In 4 years time it will be alot more than 08 TL. I bet this 09 TL will lose value much faster than TSX.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
Acura does conduct after sales survey both on phone and online and they ask very specific questions about experiance. Dealers has reputation and business online with Acura. i do think they are trying to provide the best they can considering the business conditions.
I agree that dealers will not want to get undesirable vehicles but i had no problem in offloading my 2006 TSX for trade in around 20k. and it has touch ups on back bumper and front side fenders, peeling off gril chrome, front bumper marks, curbs rashes on all rimes, only 4/10 tire life left.
Excellent dealer ship experiance thats why i jumped into 09 TSX with 18inc Yok advan sport tires. these tires are more expensive than OEM Michellin on tire rack. you have to look at overall package and experiance.
TSX is actually very good cars in holding its value. there alot more TL in the lot with much lower prices than TSX. I could have gotten 08 Type S TL for similar price as TSX 09 Tech with much better deal. But TSX is more desirable car. In 4 years time it will be alot more than 08 TL. I bet this 09 TL will lose value much faster than TSX.

I did almost the exact same thing with an '07 TSX last week. I also looked at a TL-S and felt that it wasn't a car for someone my age while the TSX in contrast was practicly hitting on me. I drove a TL around town and I honestly can't understand how TL lovers are so tickled by that driving experience. I'll take a youthful, go-cart handling everyman's car with a finely tuned 4 cylinder over a brick with a V6 every time.

They told you they gave you 20k for it but whether you did or not depends on how they worked the overall amount you payed for the new car. Plus how long ago are we talking? I could believe it if it were a few months ago or if the mileage was uncharacteristicly low.

A good salesman won't let you know that you've been screwed if you have been screwed at all. If they manage to convince you that you're taking food out of their baby's mouth if you don't buy the car for exactly X amount it's not like you're going to drive away in the car and suddenly realize you paid a high markup because that's information you didn't have to begin with and you still won't have after the fact. That's why it's important to walk in with your numbers and walk out with your numbers.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:30 AM
Instructor

I did almost the exact same thing with an '07 TSX last week. I also looked at a TL-S and felt that it wasn't a car for someone my age while the TSX in contrast was practicly hitting on me. I drove a TL around town and I honestly can't understand how TL lovers are so tickled by that driving experience. I'll take a youthful, go-cart handling everyman's car with a finely tuned 4 cylinder over a brick with a V6 every time.

They told you they gave you 20k for it but whether you did or not depends on how they worked the overall amount you payed for the new car. Plus how long ago are we talking? I could believe it if it were a few months ago or if the mileage was uncharacteristicly low.

A good salesman won't let you know that you've been screwed if you have been screwed at all. If they manage to convince you that you're taking food out of their baby's mouth if you don't buy the car for exactly X amount it's not like you're going to drive away in the car and suddenly realize you paid a high markup because that's information you didn't have to begin with and you still won't have after the fact. That's why it's important to walk in with your numbers and walk out with your numbers.
Dude, you need to calm down. Why do you talk sh*t on car salesman?! Get over it! They show exactly how much they paid him on the contract. You are 5 years older than me. Act it! If you never got your head cracked, why are you so damn bitter? Did they "touch" you? ha ha....

Quick Reply: Acura announces 0.90% apr on 2009 tsx!