Accidently put 3-4 gallons diesel in gas tank..

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Unregistered User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[/quote] As a female I take excellent care of my 06 tsx. I can not do the service myself but I make sure it is done when it is due. I check the tire pressure on a regular basis. I also know how to check the oil. I can change a flat tire. When I am in NJ I make sure the gas attendant presses the right button when filling my car with gas.[/quote]

And as a female u fill up your car with regular gas? I tried once and that was enough...

I fill up mine with premium, octane 91fuel from Chevron ONLY, I use Mobil 1 synthetic oil with "extended performance" blend that goes for $8 a quarter + Mobil 1 oil filter and change it every 5000 miles (I dont change it myself). I just changed cabin air filter myself ($17 for part and 10 mins of labor. Dealer charges ~$150). I am taking it for the first transmission oil change in a week when it hits 30 000 miles. I use K&N air filter and wash it myself. I changed rear brake pads at home and now use better ones that make less brake dust and noise. I clean and wax both interior and exterior every week on Friday. I do have money for the dealer, I just dont want to pay that much for something I can easily do myself and be sure that I have done it right and used best parts. Besides, I just like doing all that.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:11 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
And as a female u fill up your car with regular gas? I tried once and that was enough...

I fill up mine with premium, octane 91fuel from Chevron ONLY, I use Mobil 1 synthetic oil with "extended performance" blend that goes for $8 a quarter + Mobil 1 oil filter and change it every 5000 miles (I dont change it myself). I just changed cabin air filter myself ($17 for part and 10 mins of labor. Dealer charges ~$150). I am taking it for the first transmission oil change in a week when it hits 30 000 miles. I use K&N air filter and wash it myself. I changed rear brake pads at home and now use better ones that make less brake dust and noise. I clean and wax both interior and exterior every week on Friday. I do have money for the dealer, I just dont want to pay that much for something I can easily do myself and be sure that I have done it right and used best parts. Besides, I just like doing all that. [/QUOTE]

With the type of driving I do I have no problems using regular gas. I get excellent gas mileage with enough power for me. I average 30,000+miles a year of driving. My husband and I previously owned a 1991 Mazda Mx-6 GT and a 1998 Eagle Talon, both with turbo engines, bought new. When we sold them the mazda had 250,000+miles and the talon had over 100,000 miles. They both had the original turbo, engines, clutch, transmission and ran excellent using regular gas. My tsx is dealer maintained. It has 69,000+problem free miles.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Why are you bothering to engage him? He's clearly a bigot who believes himself superior to women based on the fact that he uses expensive fluids and filters in his car. If that isn't enough to convince you that he's an idiot not worth paying any attention to then... well, carry on.

Honestly valeratj, you're making some truly idiotic assumptions (repeatedly) to the point of being blatantly offensive. Not that I had much respect for you to start with, but it's all gone now. Good luck getting laid with that awesome misogynistic attitude.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:36 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by LukeaTron
Why are you bothering to engage him? He's clearly a bigot who believes himself superior to women based on the fact that he uses expensive fluids and filters in his car. If that isn't enough to convince you that he's an idiot not worth paying any attention to then... well, carry on.

Honestly valeratj, you're making some truly idiotic assumptions (repeatedly) to the point of being blatantly offensive. Not that I had much respect for you to start with, but it's all gone now. Good luck getting laid with that awesome misogynistic attitude.
Thanks for the advice. I see he thinks his car runs better than mine but his car has almost 40,000 less miles than mine. all I can say is use what works for you.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Unregistered User

Luke, u got no life... I see u on every single side of this site making comments on everything. You rarely say anything helpful but more offensive things. I never had any respect for u from the beginning. And no, I dont think I am a superior owner and I do not say that I am.

In the beginning I just made a short point that this isnt the first time I hear about filling a motor powered car with diesel fuel, but all of you people had to start arguing with me and assume that I am bashing on somebody.

As for mileage... well, my father has a friend who drives a 95 Camry. 330 000 miles. He bought it with 40k miles on the clock and maintained it himself.

Lets finish this argument right here because that is not what I wanted.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by valeratj
Its not the first time I hear about girls doing this
How old is your dad? 80? Also, if he always drove a motor powered car, its no wonder that he filled up a diesel one with motor fuel. I dont mean to offend anyone, but I hope u agree that there are more.... umm careless or less accurate female drivers/owners than male ones when it comes to percentage. this is like 3rd story that I am hearing about girls and yet have to read 1 about a guy. My own sister is a great example. man, I dont even want to talk about her and my girl neighbors...
^ Now I am not saying that men never make any mistakes, and if they do, they rarely admit it. However, the female drivers that live near me sometimes make me wonder how their cars are still alive...

PS: I am not a sexist or racist or anything, I am just saying my own short observation...

I fill up mine with premium, octane 91fuel from Chevron ONLY, I use Mobil 1 synthetic oil with "extended performance" blend that goes for $8 a quarter + Mobil 1 oil filter and change it every 5000 miles (I dont change it myself). I just changed cabin air filter myself ($17 for part and 10 mins of labor. Dealer charges ~$150). I am taking it for the first transmission oil change in a week when it hits 30 000 miles. I use K&N air filter and wash it myself. I changed rear brake pads at home and now use better ones that make less brake dust and noise. I clean and wax both interior and exterior every week on Friday. I do have money for the dealer, I just dont want to pay that much for something I can easily do myself and be sure that I have done it right and used best parts. Besides, I just like doing all that.
You dug this hole completely on your own so don't even try to pretend you didn't.

I'm on this site a good bit at times and then I'll disappear for months. It all depends on what's going on at work. Right now things are slow as hell because of what's going on with the economy and work is pretty boring. We've got a couple big contracts starting in a few months so I'll be off again when that happens.

I'll admit I'm confrontational. I don't like to let bullshit ignorant behavior fester. I do beg to differ about not being helpful though.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
^ Now I am not saying that men never make any mistakes, and if they do, they rarely admit it. However, the female drivers that live near me sometimes make me wonder how their cars are still alive...

PS: I am not a sexist or racist or anything, I am just saying my own short observation...
You tend to post a lot of BS base on your limited life experience and believe them as facts.

Everyone, please ignore him.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Unregistered User

Originally Posted by LukeaTron
I'll admit I'm confrontational. I don't like to let bullshit ignorant behavior fester. I do beg to differ about not being helpful though.

OK, maybe I was a bit hatsh when I said "never help". You do help sometimes, but time to time you just tend to be rude, rather than helpful.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:40 PM
10th Gear

what did i start here?? oh oh... okay it's just a forum.. and i do appreciate the help from the responses.. n it was my girlfriend who owns an acura.. i just drive an 05 accord..

asides from that, i think it's just stereo typed that girls don't "usually" do as much maintenance stuff themselves with a car and don't usually know about car parts and functions.. not that it's true.. but it usually is. isn't it?? if i asked a girl how much horsepower their car had.. more than likely most wouldn't know..is it a big deal? of course not.. someone could ask me who the anchor for channel 7 is.. and i wouldn't know.. who cares.. but then again on the other hand i've know girls who could tell you which part was which of an engine and how to do a repairs for certain things.. but let's face it.. it's thought that most girls know less about cars.. and if one walked into a crappie mechanics shop.. chances are the mechanic might have a tendency to charge them more or tell them things needed to be repaired.. it's shitty, but it's out there.. on the other hand.. there's some guys that don't know anything about cars also, it just depends on the person, not only the sex. so again thanks for the answers.. car is running/starting up good..
my girlfriend did put in diesel, and yes because she doesn't know alot about cars.., i don't think she's stupid, just a mistake, and both guys and girls can make that mistake.. kay everyone breathe!!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Oliver!!!

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by MMsTSX

make sure you use high quality replacment plugs.
iridium ones.
+1 on the iridium plugs

If possible use the OE brand (whatever that is, I'm not sure.) I don't think that a standard plug would account for a slow start, but it could. More importantly though, if the dealer does any work or inspections on the vehicle within the warranty period and sees the plugs they're more than likely going to ask why they were replaced. The iridium plugs should be good for 100k miles, unless somebody does something like this. Premature replacement raises a red flag on such a low mileage vehicle.

I don't condone being dishonest, but if such questions can be avoided its probably better that way. And I can certainly understand not taking the car to the dealer. I'm pretty sure that Acura would call a mistake like that grounds for voiding your warranty.

Oh, and be sure to get an oil change done pretty soon, if you haven't already. Diesel residue COULD (not saying would) degrade your oil. If you're going to run the seafoam, do it right afterward. Seafoam definitely degrades your oil.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:17 PM
East Coast Crew

Originally Posted by kangta13
what did i start here?? oh oh... okay it's just a forum.. and i do appreciate the help from the responses.. n it was my girlfriend who owns an acura.. i just drive an 05 accord..

asides from that, i think it's just stereo typed that girls don't "usually" do as much maintenance stuff themselves with a car and don't usually know about car parts and functions.. not that it's true.. but it usually is. isn't it?? if i asked a girl how much horsepower their car had.. more than likely most wouldn't know..is it a big deal? of course not.. someone could ask me who the anchor for channel 7 is.. and i wouldn't know.. who cares.. but then again on the other hand i've know girls who could tell you which part was which of an engine and how to do a repairs for certain things.. but let's face it.. it's thought that most girls know less about cars.. and if one walked into a crappie mechanics shop.. chances are the mechanic might have a tendency to charge them more or tell them things needed to be repaired.. it's shitty, but it's out there.. on the other hand.. there's some guys that don't know anything about cars also, it just depends on the person, not only the sex. so again thanks for the answers.. car is running/starting up good..
my girlfriend did put in diesel, and yes because she doesn't know alot about cars.., i don't think she's stupid, just a mistake, and both guys and girls can make that mistake.. kay everyone breathe!!
It's cool! Kangta FTW! Great singer.