2010 Acura TSX Debut

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2010 Acura TSX Debut

Does anyone have an Idea when the 2010 Acura TSX will debut in the United States? I'm negotiating a price with a Dealer & He informed me that the 0.9 and 2.9% apr financing will end February 2nd, 2009. We wont purchase until Early May.... I told him that the 2010 Model should be on the Market by then & that there would most likely be more deals on the 09's. As in rebates, etc. Am I correct?
Old 01-23-2009, 10:16 PM
JDM Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my local dealer told me that they're expecting something probably in June.
that was just his guess though.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumryan
We wont purchase until Early May.... I told him that the 2010 Model should be on the Market by then & that there would most likely be more deals on the 09's. As in rebates, etc. Am I correct?
You do realize there is practically no production in February for the TSX, and then none till June when 2010s arrive. I'm going to bet that Acura will offer very little incentives because dealers will be very low on stock.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Racer

Right now is the best time to buy...incentives will be non-existent once inventory is under control, which is near about to happen from production cuts. Take what you can get, tell your salesman to get creative with your current model situation.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Suzuka Master

I've know these details for a while, but since someone else posted it....

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=811367

The only thing different than what I've heard is the August date for 2010 TSX. I've heard June.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
I've know these details for a while, but since someone else posted it....

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=811367

The only thing different than what I've heard is the August date for 2010 TSX. I've heard June.
Wow, sounds like they are really cutting production. It'll be a lot harder to order a specific color combo.

V6 TSX has been confirmed.....awesome.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Advanced

Wonder how much the pricing will go up...hmm...?
Old 01-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Wow, sounds like they are really cutting production. It'll be a lot harder to order a specific color combo.

V6 TSX has been confirmed.....awesome.
Harder? It's impossible till June or whenever they start taking orders for 2010.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:57 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Since the source is anonymous I will wait for Acura to confirm it. Will this V-6 have variable cylinder management (CVM) like the accord V-6 has.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
Since the source is anonymous I will wait for Acura to confirm it. Will this V-6 have variable cylinder management (CVM) like the accord V-6 has.
Rumor has it that it will, but who knows at this point. My guess is a detuned version of the TL's 3.5L engine.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Harder? It's impossible till June or whenever they start taking orders for 2010.
I mean in general because even after the 2010 comes out, I'm sure they won't go back to production as usual. I'm betting 2009 will be another difficult year and production cuts will continue.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Banned

If the TSX gets a V6 a bunch of kids from 3G TL side will start migrating this way in the very near future. Set phasers to kill.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It's probably another two years at the soonest before we start to pull out of this funk in earnest. I suspect all of 2009 will be a lean year and we'll industrial production levels stay about where they are at mid 2009 through mid 2010. By the the second half of 2010 there will be light at the end of the tunnel and consumer confidence will start picking up. There will probably be a lag of about six months between when people start buying crap again and the manufactures start making more stuff. Everybody is going to be erring on the side of fiscal safety until consumers are calm enough to start plonking down cash on big money purchases like cars. Just keep your head low and it'll be over before you know it.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by wackura
If the TSX gets a V6 a bunch of kids from 3G TL side will start migrating this way in the very near future. Set phasers to kill.
LOL, no doubt. I don't what the deal is with the demographic over there. Many examples of more money than sense on that side. The TSX seems to drawl a more reasonable crowd. Maybe it's because it takes some one reasonably comfortable with their trouser equipment to realize that the biggest available engine isn't all there is to it.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:14 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ that's what i said too. LOL.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Pro

To be impossible, there would have to be no TSX inventory available whatsoever. Even if no orders are being taken, it is still possible to find a color combo on a dealer's lot, though it may be difficult.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JD23
To be impossible, there would have to be no TSX inventory available whatsoever. Even if no orders are being taken, it is still possible to find a color combo on a dealer's lot, though it may be difficult.
I was not referring to existing inventory only future orders in LuvMyTSX's post.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bet this was planned to keep people in the Acura fold verses shopping elsewhere.

Colin, anymore info the the 2010's???? I'm guessing the V6 will be a version of the one used in the Accord Coupe stick shift (no VCM) to keep the HP between the Accord and base TL and be FWD with 18" rims and a feature or so not on the 4 cyl.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by LukeaTron
LOL, no doubt. I don't what the deal is with the demographic over there. Many examples of more money than sense on that side. The TSX seems to drawl a more reasonable crowd. Maybe it's because it takes some one reasonably comfortable with their trouser equipment to realize that the biggest available engine isn't all there is to it.
I'm one of the 3G TLers you mentioned and I am *very* comfortable with my trouser equipment. That aside, the reason I picked the TL over the TSX is twofold -- the LSD on the 6MT and back seat room. I have a little baby who requires a rear-facing seat, and the TSX was too small to accommodate the seat and allow someone to sit comfortably in the front seat.

What I want next is a V6 SH-AWD 6MT TSX with the Tech package. That car is the perfect size, looks way better than the 4G TL, and would be a screamer with a J35 and the TL's upcoming 6MT. In addition, since the back seat room of the current TSX is about the same as my TL, it'd be plenty roomy for our family. The new TL 6MT SH-AWD will be over $40k, and that's just unreasonable for me.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by 2002Dawg
I'm one of the 3G TLers you mentioned and I am *very* comfortable with my trouser equipment. That aside, the reason I picked the TL over the TSX is twofold -- the LSD on the 6MT and back seat room. I have a little baby who requires a rear-facing seat, and the TSX was too small to accommodate the seat and allow someone to sit comfortably in the front seat.

What I want next is a V6 SH-AWD 6MT TSX with the Tech package. That car is the perfect size, looks way better than the 4G TL, and would be a screamer with a J35 and the TL's upcoming 6MT. In addition, since the back seat room of the current TSX is about the same as my TL, it'd be plenty roomy for our family. The new TL 6MT SH-AWD will be over $40k, and that's just unreasonable for me.
Just to clear, I don't think he was talking about you...and there is a certain demographic over there that believes everything is some sort of online gang/crew fight.

Don't fall into that.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
Just to clear, I don't think he was talking about you...and there is a certain demographic over there that believes everything is some sort of online gang/crew fight.

Don't fall into that.
I didn't really want to turn this into a flame thread, but I wanted to address it. My friend made the same decision for the same reason. That said, I agree that many TL vs TSX decisions are made on HP alone.

The 2G TSX is a little underpowered for my tastes. That engine (and the silkly-smooth 6MT) fit the FWD chassis well. IMHO, my TL (even with the LSD) is too powerful for FWD. Everything else about the TSX is fantastic.

Since Acura is adding the V6, I hope they couple it with SH-AWD and 6MT. I would imagine that most performance-minded potential TSX drivers would prefer that combination over a FWD 4cyl 6MT. I'm a little leery that the V6's weight will disrupt the great feel the current car has, but I don't think it's that much of a weight penalty. The AWD will add 400 lbs. or so, but it's primarily in the rear (and thus positively affects weight balance).
Old 01-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Drifting

Just to be clear, the people I'm talking about are the ones that are constantly looking for an argument so they can tout how superior their car is to ours. They usually show up in groups and are... not very intelligent.

That attitude is not very prevalent over here but is rampant in the TL and CL sections. It's always about engine size with those guys. This neck of the woods is a lot more sedate overall.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 2002Dawg
Since Acura is adding the V6, I hope they couple it with SH-AWD and 6MT. I would imagine that most performance-minded potential TSX drivers would prefer that combination over a FWD 4cyl 6MT.
I need to separate what my heart wants from what my head needs. I hope there is room for a Type-S V6 6MT version down the road, but I think for now, a loaded Tech V6 at 35K would be just what the doctor ordered in this economic climate. A nice quiet V6 with a power/price point right between the IS 250 and 350. Such a car might even steal a few from the ES350.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Banned

I'm sure the aggressive tendencies in car buyers increase with power and affordability. If a car is more expensive kids can't afford it (or their parents won't buy it), and if a car is slow and uncool they don't want it. The TL is like a perfect storm and if the TSX gets a V6 it will become one also. Not all TL owners are angry children, just a lot of them. I myself would have bought one had it not been so much less comfortable and less tossable than the 2G TSX.

Despite that I hope they do offer a V6 AWD TSX because torque on FWD does actualy suck, and even with a V6 I believe the electronic steering should make the car feel mch more nimble than the TL. As it is now the TSX feels like it's filled with pillows.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Despite that I hope they do offer a V6 AWD TSX because torque on FWD does actualy suck, and even with a V6 I believe the electronic steering should make the car feel mch more nimble than the TL. As it is now the TSX feels like it's filled with pillows.
Again, heart vs. head. FWD + V6 didn't stop the TL from selling 70K a year at its peak. I say, keep the price in line, give us a smooth, quiet car now, and we can 'spice it up' when the market is ready to have fun again.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Racer

Again, heart vs. head. FWD + V6 didn't stop the TL from selling 70K a year at its peak. I say, keep the price in line, give us a smooth, quiet car now, and we can 'spice it up' when the market is ready to have fun again.
Like maybe in time for the MMC? Maybe diesel too? Apparently Acura is also working on a new "CSX" type for you American boyz and girls down there that both nations will share. The GM of our store mentioned this after he came back from the dealer meeting in Montreal. It WON'T be the CSX but there will eventually be something that replaces it of which the US will get too. If this IS true, then it makes even more sense to give the TSX SH-AWD
Old 01-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CraigMacDTA
Apparently Acura is also working on a new "CSX" type for you American boyz and girls down there that both nations will share. The GM of our store mentioned this after he came back from the dealer meeting in Montreal.
Really, that's the first I've heard about that!? Wait till all the 'Tier 1' apologists get their teeth into this rumor....

Seriously, I've 'known' about a V6 TSX for two years. There were supposed to be three engines for this car, and of course now the diesel has been scrapped or delayed. The next car out should be the SUV coupe followed by some type of sports coupe. Maybe even a hardtop convertible. The NSX and RL were supposed to follow these introductions but are now in doubt. No mention of a sub-TSX has ever been mentioned (that I have heard)
Old 01-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Racer

Really, that's the first I've heard about that!? Wait till all the 'Tier 1' apologists get their teeth into this rumor....

Seriously, I've 'known' about a V6 TSX for two years. There were supposed to be three engines for this car, and of course now the diesel has been scrapped or delayed. The next car out should be the SUV coupe followed by some type of sports coupe. Maybe even a hardtop convertible. The NSX and RL were supposed to follow these introductions but are now in doubt. No mention of a sub-TSX has ever been mentioned (that I have heard)
The discussions really only came to the table this past summer, when gas prices were at it's highest and Canadians were selling CSX's like hotcakes. I absolutely think the car at it's price is useless (unless there's added incentives), but it's a good "filler" car that sells cuz it takes regular fuel and it's a little more than a loaded Civic.
Apparently, alot of American dealers want a car like this. The only problem with that is that the CSX was "supposed" to be phased out with last year being the 2010 model. If this is the case, a 2011 "CSX" to be shared by US & Canada comes out (also possibly Acura's 1st Hybrid option) while coinciding with the MMC of the TSX.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Banned

They will never ever ever sell the CSX in the states. The Civic and the Corolla are the best selling sedans in Canada so the CSX is a logical offering that helps more than it hurts, but to offer it in the US Honda would be shooting themselves in the foot. Any hope they had of being taken seriously would be cursed for another 20 years. Even the Integra was more upscale than the Civic. It would be suicide plain and simple.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Any hope they had of being taken seriously would be cursed for another 20 years. Even the Integra was more upscale than the Civic. It would be suicide plain and simple.
If this were to happen, it would be on the next generation chassis. There is no way they can ready a car with only 2 years left on the current Civic.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Instructor

My money is on Acura not introducing anything new in 2010. The Mind over Heart, as Colin suggest, has to be played in the todays market. Honda/dealers, can not afford to have extra option groups, especially if it goes into TL terratory, sitting on their lots. The economy has people everywhere tightening their belts, sales are and will be down throughout the rest of this year. The high end engine option groups have tanked the worse in overall sales in all platforms. US buying public is going for more sensible, less performance, period. Like it or not, times are changing, while the "purist" at heart want more performance, the "realist" will keep the engine at bay (no pun intended) because conservative financing/spending has taken ahold.

The next hurdle will be 2012, unless Obama relaxes the MPG rules, the hope of a v-6 in the TSX model will be gone forever as Acura will need to raise it's corp ave fuel economy.

Honda's money is too tight right now to release a V-6 model upgrade for 2 years, they will pay off the suppliers that tooled up, and cut bait.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Banned

They won't stop making V6 cars, they might not sell as well but there will still be demand, and luxury brands will be the last ones to give in. Many people who buy luxury cars aren't bothered by high gas prices even if it costs $100 to fill up the tank. The real question is will Acrua keep up with Lexus or won't it. They should offer a V6 TSX in spite of the TL because the TSX is smaller and sportier. And the TL is fugly. It wouldn't bother me a bit if they just killed it altogether.

If I were to make a serious wager though, I'm willing to bet they will do away with the different USDM/JDM Accords in the next cycle and go back to a single car because the TSX is relatively large now, and this would mean no more TSX. It would be intersting to see what they do instead. I have a feeling I wouldn't be a buyer though.

Last edited by wackura; 01-25-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Japanese built G37 starts at $33K and with options it goes upto $42K. Similar is case with Lexus IS which seems more expensive with options than ES and those are 2009 model year prices without that massive Yen movement into account.
It is highly unlikely they can make V6/Tech package less than $40K for 2010 model year. Trying to compete with ES with Japanese built V6 is dumb strategy.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Banned

A fully loaded USDM Accord with a V6 is only $31,000. The V6 equipped 3G TL was $35,000. It's highly unlikely they could find any excuse to make a TSX cost more than $40,000. Even painted with gold leaf it would come in under $40,000.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

If this were to happen, it would be on the next generation chassis. There is no way they can ready a car with only 2 years left on the current Civic.
A CSX type vehicle would be nice. I'd guess that the next gen CSX was already in the works in Canada, meaning the development may have been going on for some time now. It would be no problem to start shipping some to the states. My wish is that the next gen is a hot hatch like the A3, especially if it does make it to the US.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Talking

Sports Coupe and hardtop convertible sound like very good news. I've heard that the Hardtop Convertible is gonna be based on the TSX. Is that true? And I'm guessing the Sports Coupe will be the CL replacement (except with SH-AWD J37)?
Old 01-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Racer

They will never ever ever sell the CSX in the states. The Civic and the Corolla are the best selling sedans in Canada so the CSX is a logical offering that helps more than it hurts, but to offer it in the US Honda would be shooting themselves in the foot. Any hope they had of being taken seriously would be cursed for another 20 years. Even the Integra was more upscale than the Civic. It would be suicide plain and simple.
Wackura, the impression that our GM got from the meeting was that it won't be called a CSX. Sounds like it'll be something all new but similar to the CSX with it's own new name and some feature/quality upgrades.

What if this smaller sedan comes out and is offered as a Hybrid (which was suggested it would)? The knock on Acura from ALOT of our customers is that we don't offer a hybrid model, that we aren't "sensitive" to the environment. This would clear the air on that discussion. Perception of being an environmentally friendly automaker goes a long way these days, even if the sales numbers aren't stud-like. Mercedes' B-Class actually loses money for them, but the car is there to capture market share.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CraigMacDTA
Wackura, the impression that our GM got from the meeting was that it won't be called a CSX. Sounds like it'll be something all new but similar to the CSX with it's own new name and some feature/quality upgrades.

What if this smaller sedan comes out and is offered as a Hybrid (which was suggested it would)? The knock on Acura from ALOT of our customers is that we don't offer a hybrid model, that we aren't "sensitive" to the environment. This would clear the air on that discussion. Perception of being an environmentally friendly automaker goes a long way these days, even if the sales numbers aren't stud-like. Mercedes' B-Class actually loses money for them, but the car is there to capture market share.
I'm not saying they won't host a small hybrid, just that it won't and can't be a rebadged Civic. That would represent a 180 degree turn in their plans to go upscale and actualy regress them even further from that image than they were in the 90's.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Racer

^^Agreed. Some interesting times ahead for sure.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Suzuka Master

I'm not saying they won't host a small hybrid, just that it won't and can't be a rebadged Civic. That would represent a 180 degree turn in their plans to go upscale and actualy regress them even further from that image than they were in the 90's.
I sure hope someone is thinking of an Acura version of the new Insight! Especially since the diesel appears to be stillborn.

Quick Reply: 2010 Acura TSX Debut