TEIN SS appreciation thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TEIN SS appreciation thread

Just wanted to post this to say what a great product the TEIN SS suspension is. I've had mine for just over 2 years now and really am impressed with how they have performed. I live in a real shitty part of the country, where the roads must be salted every winter just to be able to drive on them. My TEINs have stood up to the conditions like a champ. All aftermarket companies could learn...... Just needed to rant because it seems like so many things I purchase nowadays disappoint me, and never live up to the expectations I have of them. Not so with the TEINs….Call me ghey, but post here if you feel the same way…..

My car on TEIN SS in summer mode....

Old 04-29-2005, 07:33 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Love the car and the rims... planning on getting a set of TEIN SS coilovers as well
Old 04-29-2005, 01:15 PM
02 TL-s WDP

PRice me..... how much did the Tein SS cost you....and installation

I live in New England...."I live in a real shitty part of the country, where the roads must be salted every winter just to be able to drive on them." me too

so i'm ifffy about getting it done
Old 04-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Instructor

Hi VTEChump,

Nice Car and rims too

Thank you for giving us your feedback after these years and the positive review on the Tein SS, which gives those who are contemplating about getting them more reason to do so. I am thinking about getting them myself too , so it helps me alot to have guys say these things about them.

VTEChump,

Can you identify if you had these problems?

1) Did you get the "clunking noise" that others have had with Tein SS ( possibly the compressing of each end of the spring hitting each other going over uneven roads/bumps)? If so, what remedy did you do to fix it or is it the same as what others have tried in the other threads?

2) Some guys said the Tein SS, springs, are a bit soft? Or does this have to do with the damping settings.

3) Can you give me feedback as to how "stockish" compared to TLS ride quality are the Tein SS's? ( can you adjust damping to equate to close to TLS ride quality?)

Tappy116,

The cost of Tein SS is about $850ish US Dollars, plus probably shipping since you live in the U.K. ( don't know how much to ship there though but probably quite a bit). Installation I have no idea, so others can comment there. If you are looking for $850ish US Dollars for Tein SS, I can post again or just private message me and I'll find some links for roughly that price, since I am considering to get them myself.

Thanks for any input you can give or to anyone else.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:30 PM
02 TL-s WDP

Originally Posted by Michael03TLS

Tappy116,

The cost of Tein SS is about $850ish US Dollars, plus probably shipping since you live in the U.K. ( don't know how much to ship there though but probably quite a bit). Installation I have no idea, so others can comment there. If you are looking for $850ish US Dollars for Tein SS, I can post again or just private message me and I'll find some links for roughly that price, since I am considering to get them myself.

Thanks for any input you can give or to anyone else.

New England isnt the UK .................HAHAHAHA it the northeastern part of the US...MAss, New Hemp, Maine, Connetict, RI.....like the "New England Patriots"

But Thanks alot for the price man....greatlly appreciated. and please do post websites with Tein SS prices/venders.

THANKS
Old 04-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

1) Did you get the "clunking noise" that others have had with Tein SS ( possibly the compressing of each end of the spring hitting each other going over uneven roads/bumps)? If so, what remedy did you do to fix it or is it the same as what others have tried in the other threads?
Michael:

You can get spring isolators to "dampen" the clunking noise. I had that same problem with my H&R Race springs awhile back. No clunking noise unless I go over a really hard bump.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:35 PM
Mugen CL9

I love me Tein SS's also. I live in/near NYC and have the same problems with crappy roads and salt during the winters and the Tein's are great.

VTEChump - still love the look of your car / color combo. Anything new planned for this summer?
Old 04-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Tappy116
PRice me..... how much did the Tein SS cost you....and installation

I live in New England...."I live in a real shitty part of the country, where the roads must be salted every winter just to be able to drive on them." me too

so i'm ifffy about getting it done
I bought mine from a guy on this forum (blxmjx). I got them for $850 shipped...
I installed myself, but you could probably get a body shop to do it for around $2-300?....
Old 04-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Pro

Hi VTEChump,

VTEChump,

2) Some guys said the Tein SS, springs, are a bit soft? Or does this have to do with the damping settings.

3) Can you give me feedback as to how "stockish" compared to TLS ride quality are the Tein SS's? ( can you adjust damping to equate to close to TLS ride quality?)

Tappy116,
-If the TEINs are installed correctly, they shouldn't "clunk". Mine have never "clunked".
-As far as the TEINs being soft....maybe, I surely wouldn't want to use them for autocrossing, but then again, why would anyone want to autocross in a 3500+lb luxury sedan.?. I would say the SS's are a good compromise b'twn comfort and improved handling, if you want to autocross I would get the TEIN FLEX dampers/springs.
-I believe you can make the TEINs ride extremely close to stock with the dampers set to the softest. You can also get the ride height to within a 1/2 inch of the stock ride height....
Old 04-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by FreDroRN
I love me Tein SS's also. I live in/near NYC and have the same problems with crappy roads and salt during the winters and the Tein's are great.

VTEChump - still love the look of your car / color combo. Anything new planned for this summer?
Only mods on my list are maybe tint, and the Mugen wing.....you should sell me yours
Old 04-29-2005, 06:41 PM
I pimp an Audi A4.

i love my teins... but i gotta raise my car up now since i got a system in the trunk.. adjusting is soo cool! so is the ride dampering
Old 04-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Instructor

Tappy116,

Haha sorry, my mistake lol. It must be whenever I hear of "England," it's U.K. and I should have just looked at your sig to know it's Massachusetts.

Anyways, here's the links for some online shops for the Tein SS, if blxmjx, suggested by VTEChump doesn't work for you. I couldn't find exactly at $850 ( one at $870, which includes free shipping, second link and third link at $900 - not sure what the shipping charges.)

Link #1

Link #2

Link #3

I don't know how good the service is or after-sales support/warranty of each of these stores because I didn't buy mine yet.I hope it gives you some options and possible price matching online stores, and if I can find more links ( which I have), I'll re-edit this post. I haven't found anywhere that goes below $850 or is $850 exactly, with free shipping in the U.S. But if anyone knows, Please recommend

-------------------------------------------------
VTEChump,

Thanks for the great input! I'll PM you about self-installation, because that's what I might do when I get my Tein SS, and hopefully you don't mind.
------------------------------------------------

Patrick,

Thanks also I'll PM you with more questions.

--------------------------------------------------

Too bad there's no Do-it-Yourself(DIY) guide for Tein SS (unless I didn't see it) , but if anyone knows about a DIY guide, please leave some links. Thanks
Old 04-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Instructor

Tappy116,

Here's another online link. It wouldn't let me edit until I waited but I was impatient hehe.

Link #4

$950, BUT, they are willing to price match to anywhere else PLUS they got free shipping.
Price match policy

You can just price match to the first link I gave you so that makes it, possibly, two links for $870 which includes shipping. There you go with options.

Tell me how it goes through PM(private message) if you do intend to buy off any one of these stores, instead of blxmjx TL forum member.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

love your car Vtec.... werent you going to sell those rims a while back??

anyways, i think i found your twin.. Honda twin.

Old 04-30-2005, 03:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

very nice!
Old 04-30-2005, 03:54 AM
Instructor

big mike 13,

Very nice indeed! Gotta like that shiny, glass finish on that prelude , besides the mags and body kit of course
Old 04-30-2005, 09:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

haha, thats not my car...
its just funny though, white car, and im pretty sure those are the same rims Vtec got if im not mistaken, i know theyre SSR though..
Old 04-30-2005, 11:08 AM
El Presidente

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn, slick 'lude.

VTEChump, ur car has always been near the top of my fav TL list
Old 04-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Banned

I my tein SS, im so with you vtechump theyre incredible, i think im going to get a decal made that says " I Love My Tein SS"
Old 05-01-2005, 11:47 AM
boo

Love my tein ss as well. I like the edfc alot. Too bad I cant be slammed like some of you guys..
Old 05-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Graphic/Web Designer

That Prelude isn't really white, it's photoshopped to look that way. Just thought I'd let you guys know why it looks so glassy.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

^^ good observation... the more i look at it the front wheel well is all choppy... do you think the wheels were photoshopped on? or just the color of the car?

anyways, i just thought it was a great match with vtecchump's car when i first saw it, thats why i posted.

btw.. you guys just convinced me to get a set... anyone selling theirs??
Old 05-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Graphic/Web Designer

Originally Posted by big mike 13
^^ good observation... the more i look at it the front wheel well is all choppy... do you think the wheels were photoshopped on? or just the color of the car?

anyways, i just thought it was a great match with vtecchump's car when i first saw it, thats why i posted.

btw.. you guys just convinced me to get a set... anyone selling theirs??
I believe you are right Big Mike, those wheels do look indeed photoshopped. Check out the tan-ish color between the spokes, then look at the shadow under the car, couldn't possibly have that tan color under there.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:21 PM
I'm Cool

Tappy116,

Haha sorry, my mistake lol. It must be whenever I hear of "England," it's U.K. and I should have just looked at your sig to know it's Massachusetts.

Anyways, here's the links for some online shops for the Tein SS, if blxmjx, suggested by VTEChump doesn't work for you. I couldn't find exactly at $850 ( one at $870, which includes free shipping, second link and third link at $900 - not sure what the shipping charges.)

Link #1

Link #2

Link #3

I don't know how good the service is or after-sales support/warranty of each of these stores because I didn't buy mine yet.I hope it gives you some options and possible price matching online stores, and if I can find more links ( which I have), I'll re-edit this post. I haven't found anywhere that goes below $850 or is $850 exactly, with free shipping in the U.S. But if anyone knows, Please recommend

-------------------------------------------------
VTEChump,

Thanks for the great input! I'll PM you about self-installation, because that's what I might do when I get my Tein SS, and hopefully you don't mind.
------------------------------------------------

Patrick,

Thanks also I'll PM you with more questions.

--------------------------------------------------

Too bad there's no Do-it-Yourself(DIY) guide for Tein SS (unless I didn't see it) , but if anyone knows about a DIY guide, please leave some links. Thanks

dammit, their all in cali and tax is like another 70 bucks
Old 05-04-2005, 02:15 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by VTEChump
Just wanted to post this to say what a great product the TEIN SS suspension is. I've had mine for just over 2 years now and really am impressed with how they have performed. I live in a real shitty part of the country, where the roads must be salted every winter just to be able to drive on them. My TEINs have stood up to the conditions like a champ. All aftermarket companies could learn...... Just needed to rant because it seems like so many things I purchase nowadays disappoint me, and never live up to the expectations I have of them. Not so with the TEINs….Call me ghey, but post here if you feel the same way…..

My car on TEIN SS in summer mode....

I just order my TEIN Basics and can't wait to install them this weekend!!! Very Nice Car and you should post some more pics of your car dude!!
Old 05-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Advanced

ed99 . . please let us all know how you like your tein basics . . i am looking into getting suspension for my TL aswell
Old 05-05-2005, 12:52 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by makaveli284
ed99 . . please let us all know how you like your tein basics . . i am looking into getting suspension for my TL aswell
Yeah I will post pics on the 3G TL once i have them installed.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:22 AM
Advanced

I'm also very happy with the Teins, with one exception... every now and then I would drive over a small elevation on the freeway or street and with either the front left or right wheel and there would be a hard thump. What is weird about this is, when I think there would be a hard thump, there wouldn't be and when I think there wouldn't be a hard thump then there would be. I hope I'm explaining this clearly... Anyone else have the same experience? If so, what did you do to resolve this problem? In case it matters, I am rolling on 18's. I sure hope this is not a feature of the Teins

MikeC
Old 06-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
for tein, love the tein SS
Old 06-26-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm Cool

i love my ss too
Old 09-20-2005, 08:09 PM
05 WDP 6MT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just installed them today, LOVE IT!!! I know this questions been asked before but what settings do you have your damper set at? THANKS!!!!