SUSPENSION HELP!!!! MY camber's bad!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Ganji, Want some?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SUSPENSION HELP!!!! MY camber's bad!!

OK guys i have a little problem. But first i have a 2002 tl type s. i will be getting coilovers soon. they will be the TEIN SS I bought a camber kit for the car but it was only the rear. now what i am curious to know is FIRST. in my car since i've had it. when my tires wear. they've ALWAYS worn DOWN in the INSIDE OF THE TIRE. Would that mean i need a camber kit for the FRONT? is there something wrong with my factory settings, acura in virginia beach said that something was wrong and they "FIXED IT" but i see wear on my tires from the inside again! if i buy a FRONT camber kit will that rid me of my issues with the tires wearing that way. I hope someone understands where im comming from. what do i do.. I know SOMETHIGN IS WRONG.. I just dont knwo where to start.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Let me see if I got this right.

1. You have a camber kit in the rear.
2. But you don't have a camber kit in the front.
3. The inside of the front tires are wearing out first.

Is that right? If it is, then yeah, you need a camber kit in the front.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Ganji, Want some?

OK i HAVE NOTHING INSTAALLED IN THE CAR I bought a camber kit its in the garage. and the teins should be here soon. I have had this tire wear issue since i bought the car, a dealership fixed it, but the car kept having the problem. im trying to ask what can FIX that? what can make my tires wear evenly? i dont know what to do because im tired of buying tires. and i was saying the TEIN's i im getting them installed and i have one camber kit thinkin a camber kit is what fixes camber wear on tires.... i dont knwo if i just made it harder for you to understand or easier. but let me know if you can help me
Old 10-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
If they are wearing on the inside, then you need to get a camber kit to correct this. Granted you should not have camber problems on a stock TL-S.

If your having camber problems know, I would definitetly get a camber kit for the front since it will only get worse once you lower it.

Do the wheels look like there is too much negative camber? Is there a massive differince in tread wear?
Old 10-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Ganji, Want some?

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
If they are wearing on the inside, then you need to get a camber kit to correct this. Granted you should not have camber problems on a stock TL-S.

If your having camber problems know, I would definitetly get a camber kit for the front since it will only get worse once you lower it.

Do the wheels look like there is too much negative camber? Is there a massive differince in tread wear?

WOW, you are one forgiving man. and i could respect that!

Yes the wear is noticible. i have about a 4 tread left in teh whole tire. but on the ENDs it's wore down.

and just by looking at it, i dont see that the camber is good nor bad.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by VITEK
WOW, you are one forgiving man. and i could respect that!

Yes the wear is noticible. i have about a 4 tread left in teh whole tire. but on the ENDs it's wore down.

and just by looking at it, i dont see that the camber is good nor bad.
Can't let stupid shit get in the way of getting/giving advice.

Whats the height of the outside? I assume the inside is bald if its as bad as you describe it. How many miles on the tires?

Trying to figure out how bad the camber is. If your going through, say a regular v-rated tire every 15k miles, somethings seriously wrong.

Your best bet is to get it on a rack, and get the numbers and see where the camber is at and see how much it needs to be corrected. I would also look to see if anything is bent, but if they are all wearing down on the inside at the same rate, its some sort of flaw.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:30 AM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
Can't let stupid shit get in the way of getting/giving advice.
there should be more people like you on this thread...

back on topic though, can an alignment fix this? because this seems to me happening with only me front passenger tire...i have comptech springs on my car but switchin over to tein ss...

what kind of suspension you have going currently vitek?
Old 10-06-2005, 08:00 AM
Ganji, Want some?

Originally Posted by LameTL

what kind of suspension you have going currently vitek?

Well i have everything STOCK... BONE STOCK.... and i want to say I drive alot, i've had the car for a year and a half, but i've went thru about 2 tires i bought the car at 34k and its at 85k now the stock tires were going in the front(ON THE INSIDE). it wasnt much left, the back was fine. i got new tires and had a boo boo with a pothole and replaced 3 tires then the front is wearing down again ON THE INSIDES
Old 10-06-2005, 08:48 AM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VITEK
Well i have everything STOCK... BONE STOCK.... and i want to say I drive alot, i've had the car for a year and a half, but i've went thru about 2 tires i bought the car at 34k and its at 85k now the stock tires were going in the front(ON THE INSIDE). it wasnt much left, the back was fine. i got new tires and had a boo boo with a pothole and replaced 3 tires then the front is wearing down again ON THE INSIDES
I'd say get an alignment first, when's teh last time you got an alignment?
I doubt your supposed to have a camber problem when your car is bone stock.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Ganji, Want some?

I usually get this place called JUST TIRES to do my alignment, i know someone in the bay that will do it for $30 bucks. Should i just pay the 70 or 80 and get ACURA to do it? would that make all the difference? what should i do?
Old 10-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Go somewhere other than a acura dealer for an alignment. They arent always teh best at that stuff. Find a shop that that is one of their main jobs (probably cheaper too)

Since you arent lowered, id say its NOT camber thats wearing your tires but TOE. TOE will wear out tires ALOT faster than camber. If you have a slight amount of toe (while great for racing) it isnt good for the tire. Go get an alignment and see what they say.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Go somewhere other than a acura dealer for an alignment. They arent always teh best at that stuff. Find a shop that that is one of their main jobs (probably cheaper too)

Since you arent lowered, id say its NOT camber thats wearing your tires but TOE. TOE will wear out tires ALOT faster than camber. If you have a slight amount of toe (while great for racing) it isnt good for the tire. Go get an alignment and see what they say.
Yea, I was thinking that, but if it was toe wouldn't the wear be more of a diagonal kinda across the whole tire. If its just the inside then it should be camber.

First off, it sounds like a camber kit will take care of the problem.

Second, if you bought that car "bone stock" and its giving camber wear, something is wrong somewhere in the suspension.

Like some guys said earlier, I would go somewhere beside acura, have 'em give you the numbers on the suspension, and ALSO let you know if the car really is on stock suspension and that the suspension doesn't have anything wrong with it. I'm sure they can get a good look at it since it will be up on the rack anyways for the numbers.