Summer Touring Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 08:06 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Summer Touring Tires

Hi everyone, Im in the need of purchasing some new summer tires here for my 03 TL-S and I wanted some opinions from people with the same car and similar needs. The tires I want to buy will never see a winter...thats what winter tires are for

The things most important to me are:

#1-ride comfort
#2-safety/wet condition performance
#3-noise
#4-handling
#5-length of life

In advance I want to thank anybody and everybody for their useful input.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:56 AM
BLUE SMOKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

When I bought my '02 TL-S used in '04, they already had Cooper Lifeliner Touring SLE's on it. After about 25,000 miles they still do not show much wear. If I remember right (I am currently in Iraq), there was not much road noise. What I do remember though, is there excellent wet weather grip. Short story. Shortly after buying the car, I was on the interstate at night. It rained earlier so the road was wet, not raining at the time. I did not see it, being at night, but I hit a huge puddle (I was in the left lane) with my left front. I was doing 65-75, not sure exactly, but it pulled left toward the gaurd rail . I pulled right and slowed down, but not too much. Anyway, when tires hit the pavement again, my car shot straight over to the right hand lane. I am glad noone was there. Keep in mind that I never once went into a skid or slid at all. As soon as I realized what was happening, I corrected the car, but within a second I was now driving in the right lane, not the left. Once again I want to say that I DID NOT slide or skid. It scared the crap out of me, but I also realized at the same time that I never once felt the car slide, nor did it feel like it would rollover. I hope, of course that it never happens again, but I do recommend those tires. If they had slid at all, there is no telling what would have happened. Anyway, I hope this helps. Don't know if they are still available as they are at least 2 years old. They did not look BRAND New when I bought the car but not much wear on them. I don't find the ride too awful bad, but then again this is the first car that I have ever had that is in any way luxurious. Dry pavement handling, I can't say for sure. I don't push it around corners, but it feels good.