Right Front Clunking - Tein

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2020 | 02:29 PM
4th Gear

Right Front Clunking - Tein

HI there!
Im hearing some clunking coming from passenger front...seems to be tein Coilover related. Happens under 30mph on bumpy roads. Im getting no clunks when turning or anything like that.

I checked all bolts/suspension parts and all appear tight. I put the car up and tried to shake things and also found nothing moving...

The only thing I did manage to find is the rubber lower spring seat seems to be broken. Wondering if this is causing unintentional clunking I'm hearing.

Anyone have any other advice/insight here? I think my next step is to slide some rubber pieces in there and see if that solves the issue. If it does, I'll look to replace that spring seat...

Thanks for the look!

Old 02-12-2020 | 09:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Due to the cars suspension, you generally won't find anything shaking if you lift the car up. I would wager ball joints, modifying the suspension is particularly hard on the ball joints. have you inspected them without the suspension in the same state as when it is operated? Check out this link for some help..

https://www.moog-suspension-parts.co...ballJointTests

Old 02-12-2020 | 10:12 PM
4th Gear

Thanks for the link! I will definitely have a look at the ball joint. I’m headed for an alignment tomorrow morning so might have the shop inspect for me.

I also noticed my sway bar end links may have been a little loose. I was able to tighten a bit on my own but not enough. Going to have the shop take a pass through the suspension and try and tighten everything up for me.

I’ll relay any findings!
Old 02-15-2020 | 09:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

also have them check sway bar bushings, very common clunking culprit with these old cars.