Raybestos Rotors made in china

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Raybestos Rotors made in china

I needed the front rotors for my truck, and they have 2 models. One is 39 and the other is 49 each. The guy said the difference is that the expensive one is made in USA or Canada. the cheaper one is made in china or other countries. I got these rotors before and they were made in Canada, top of Raybestos, PG Plus VSM. When I received my rotors, the labels show made in china. I spoke to them and they have no idea why these were made in china. But from looking at them, on the outter hub, it is power coated black, and they said those are the right rotors, the cheap ones are not being coated like that. These Robestos are labeled Advanced Technology, they look nice. I tried to get the best rotor from Raybestos to avoid being made in china, and they come made in china.

Anyone got these made in china too?
Old 04-03-2008, 12:41 AM
S E L L

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by acutee
I needed the front rotors for my truck, and they have 2 models. One is 39 and the other is 49 each. The guy said the difference is that the expensive one is made in USA or Canada. the cheaper one is made in china or other countries. I got these rotors before and they were made in Canada, top of Raybestos, PG Plus VSM. When I received my rotors, the labels show made in china. I spoke to them and they have no idea why these were made in china. But from looking at them, on the outter hub, it is power coated black, and they said those are the right rotors, the cheap ones are not being coated like that. These Robestos are labeled Advanced Technology, they look nice. I tried to get the best rotor from Raybestos to avoid being made in china, and they come made in china.

Anyone got these made in china too?
That's strange, I got mine about a month ago and they were made in Canada . I work at Kragen and I've never seen any of the premium Raybestos rotors marked "Made In China". Occasionally, the cheap rotors are marked "Made in USA/Canada" but never the other way around. I'm gonna check a few at work tomorrow to be sure.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Belongs in Car Talk