New Acura Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 05:24 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Acura Owner

Hi guys! This is my first post. I've been lurking for the last few days trying to get a feel for what is out there in terms of modifying my TL. I've only had the car for about a week and my last car was a thoroughly modded BMW. I got a good deal on the TL and traded in the Bimmer. I love the car, but it's not the same in the handling department. I'm just looking for a little help to figure out what is my best route in changing that.

My plans are for suspension only now. I'd like to go with a similar setup to what I had with my BMW which was Eibach Pro-Kit springs and Bilstein sport shocks. I have't been able to see any Bilsteins for the TL's. Can somebody confirm that they do or don't make them for the model?? If not whats a comparable spring to get.

Also I need some help on figuring out a fitting wheel size for once the car is lowered. I'd like to fit 19's without rubbing obviously, but 18's are still a possibility. I'm all new to the Acura brand so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick
Old 07-10-2006, 05:47 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by nick_hegel
Hi guys! This is my first post. I've been lurking for the last few days trying to get a feel for what is out there in terms of modifying my TL. I've only had the car for about a week and my last car was a thoroughly modded BMW. I got a good deal on the TL and traded in the Bimmer. I love the car, but it's not the same in the handling department. I'm just looking for a little help to figure out what is my best route in changing that.

My plans are for suspension only now. I'd like to go with a similar setup to what I had with my BMW which was Eibach Pro-Kit springs and Bilstein sport shocks. I have't been able to see any Bilsteins for the TL's. Can somebody confirm that they do or don't make them for the model?? If not whats a comparable spring to get.

Also I need some help on figuring out a fitting wheel size for once the car is lowered. I'd like to fit 19's without rubbing obviously, but 18's are still a possibility. I'm all new to the Acura brand so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick
The wheels I'm looking at are ASA AR1's, BBS LM's, or MRR GT-3's. I'd like to have a silver and black theme on the car. I found ASA AR1's on tirerack with a black finish and silver lip but only in a 17. Where can one find the blacked out tails for the TL (or are those custom done)?? I've seen a few in pics on the site and love the clean look.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:47 PM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The wheels I'm looking at are ASA AR1's, BBS LM's, or MRR GT-3's. I'd like to have a silver and black theme on the car. I found ASA AR1's on tirerack with a black finish and silver lip but only in a 17. Where can one find the blacked out tails for the TL (or are those custom done)?? I've seen a few in pics on the site and love the clean look.
Aight, if your looking to do a shock/spring combo, theres always the TOKICKO Shocks and some H&R springs. Not sure if i spelt the TOKICKO name right lol. Anyways, if you wana do full coilovers, i suggest TEIN SUPER STREET or TEIN BASIC. You'll save some money going with the TEIN BASIC. The only difference between the two is that the SUPER STREET are ride height and spring rate adjustable and the BASIC are not fully adjustable. I personally have the TEIN SUPER STREET on my TL and i love them. They ride and feel excellent, nice and smooth and much better handling. If you want blacked out tail lights, you gotta do that yourself. They dont make pre made black out tails. You can get that rockblocker spray on tint stuff or whatever is. Do a search on that modd and you'll find out what u need to do it. I say you go with 18 inch rims but if you really want 19's then go for it. But depending on how much you wana drop your car, your 19's are going to rubb no matter what. It all depends on how much you drop your car. I have 18's and i dropped mine just right. It only rubs quickly one time when i have a full car and i turn hard or hit a dip in the road. Other then that, if im driving with me and someone else or just me by myself, i have no rubbing issues. Idk, you decide how low you wana go and then figure out what rim size will work best for you.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:43 PM
03' NBP TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
koni and kyb are also supposed to be good 'high-end' shocks.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:38 PM
99 SSM Tl

Tein SS or Koni Yellow + H&R sport 50103
Old 07-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Banned

Where can one find the blacked out tails for the TL (or are those custom done)?? I've seen a few in pics on the site and love the clean look.
Right here