My Rocket Ship Camber/suspension/tokico/H&R OE/ Wheels Issue Continued...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Question My Rocket Ship Camber/suspension/tokico/H&R OE/ Wheels Issue Continued...

Ok this is my car 100k miles on stock shocks/springs... (notice the awesome 2 finger gap between the wheel and the fender in the back on stock lol)

Here's my last alignment sheet ( I don't know shit about these numbers...I know there's a spec range, but don't know how they are fixed/manipulated... I was in a few accidents a couple years ago, but nobody has told me to get my frame stretched straight or anything.)

I'm just all over the place now lol

I want the tokico blues with the H&R OE Sport setup (.75 front/.5 rear) subtle drop...

I'm just worried because as I am on stock right now I have about a 2 finger gap in the back as is... I have my spare, 2 amps witha a custom shelf/bracket, navi unit, and wires and capacitor back there at all times.... oh yeah and a box with two 10" speakers... These things aren't going anywhere....

I don't know much about cars already... and suspension is another mystery to me lol... I just know what I'm looking for as far as ride quality and a few products...

My confusion is in the spring rate... or camber kits? what do camber kits do? can I use them in conjunction to level the car out or is it all about a stiffer spring rate? Are the H&R OE's going to be stronger or strong enough in the rear? I don't want to spend the money and have the same issue just lower... and I don't want to drop my front end any lower than an inch MAX...

I would like to balance it out a little and still ride soft with better handling.

Can I just buy the tokico blues and the H&R OE's and call it a day and maybe need a camber kit because of the weight in the back?

please don't tell me about coilovers... I would just set them to the softest setting and I read that all of the coilovers will be stiffer and lower than what I'm looking for...

I want my car to look like this suspension wize.... and be done with it... or I might get aftermarket rims... I think he has the (part no. 08W18-SEP-200B – 05 TL Satin Finish (A-Spec Kit Rims)) but not positive on that one...

I'm getting 18x8 wheels and 225/45 or 40/18's put on soon... just deciding on rims.... I pm'd Inspire, but haven't heard anything... He has the tokico blue/H&R setup i'm going for, but I don't know if he has all the weight in the trunk like I do...

Thanks In Advance : ) and for reading my novel
Old 02-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Looking at your Alignment sheet, did the shop recommend a camber kit? You really need one. Where was your accident? Your front left camber is WAY off.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Camber is the angle of the wheel compared to the flat plane of the ground. A wheel that is perfectly flat on the ground has zero degrees of camber. Now look at this picture.

The tires are tilted in towards the car, thus they are not perfectly flat on the ground. This means the wheels have negative camber. If they were to be tilting away from the car, that is positive camber. A little bit of negative camber actually helps with handling, but I wouldn't go much past -1.0 degree because you can get uneven tire wear which is expensive over time. A camber kit allows you to adjust that camber.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Pro

Talking

Thank you amgala : )

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Looking at your Alignment sheet, did the shop recommend a camber kit? You really need one. Where was your accident? Your front left camber is WAY off.
I was hit on my driver side rear quarter panel and it deployed the air bag a few years ago and then after my car was fixed and looking pretty... some guy decided to smash into the back of me while I was sitting under an overpass getting out of the hail...

It was funny because I saw him coming in the rearview mirror... and I was thinking hmm... that seems to be kinda fast.... then my thoughts were... Oh shit with my foot on the gas, but he still hit me lol and I got to see my friends head jar back lmao... I know I have a f'd sense of humor : )

how do I fix all this? ok so I'll get a camber kit, but that's just for the back right? then do I have to worry about the spring rate at all or will it sit nicely with the tokico/H&R setup with the new 18's?
Old 03-07-2008, 01:46 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey doc what % tint u have on your ride?
Old 03-07-2008, 02:53 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by El_chamuco
Hey doc what % tint u have on your ride?

35% all except for the front windshield : )
Old 03-07-2008, 08:10 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
wtf, that car looks a little silly, but really mean. How wide are those tires? 255's.