ksports - optimal ride height and adjustment settings

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
ksports - optimal ride height and adjustment settings

So I've had my ksports for a couple months now and have what I think is the optimal "dialed" in settings for ride height and comfort.

After experimenting with adjusting both the upper and lower lock's I've settled with the following:

Front: (tires almost tucked - no finger gap)
Height from fender lip to ground = 25"
Measurement from lower sleeve to upper suspension lock = 2.5"
- This is accomplished by lowering the upper mount by roughly a quarter inch and raising the lower sleeve until the 2.5" is reached.
Dampening is set to 1.5 turns away from the softest setting

Rear: (less then one finger gap - leaves room for heavy hauling)
Height from fender lip to ground = 25.5" or 25.25" depending on how much of a rake you want. Personally I think our cars look best with a slight rake. This is due to the kit being angled back at a slant angle down towards the rear of the car. Giving the car a slight rake corrects this angle making it more level with the road. I could be completely off in my reasoning but that's how I like my ride to look.

No adjustments were made on the upper lock for the rear suspension. I adjusted simply by moving the lower sleeve up until I reached the optimum 25.5" ride height.
Dampening is set to it's softest settings in the rear.

I'll post up pictures of what the final drop looks like. A word of caution to those who choose to go lower then 25" in the front. You WILL scrape on pretty much any incline or decline you deal with. I was at 24.5" for a couple weeks and couldn't deal with it. Also with the ksports it will take a long time to fully break them in. It took me over 2k miles to get them to settle in and not be unbearably stiff.

Hopefully this thread will help anyone who purchases ksports in the future and has to dial them in.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:59 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my ksports I have front at full stiff and rear is 2 turns away from full stiff.....I don't know about how low I am......I'm tuckin front and rear tires
Old 04-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Any pictures?
Old 07-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I figured I would update this post since I just got PM'ed regarding adjusting ksport coilovers.

Alright... adjusting ksports is really easy I had to dig up some pictures of the actual coilovers to remember the gritty details...

No adjustment is necessary for the 2 locking nuts directly bellow the spring itself. It should be snugged up against the spring but does not have to be tight.

The 3rd lock on the bottom of the coilover is the one you need to adjust. I would get some PB Blaster and lube it up before trying to loosen it. Based purely off memory alone I think you follow the standard... right = tighten, left = loosen (rotation). The best way to determine which way to spin it is to simply look at the thread pattern and see which way you have to spin it to go up/down the thread pattern.

One thing that I suggest you do before adjusting your coilovers is to measure all 4 corners of the car (Fender lip to ground). This will help you find out how far off you are on each corner in terms of being balanced/even. Mark each coilover with how much you want to adjust it, then loosen the lower locking nut and adjust accordingly. Confirm your measurement before locking it in place.

After making adjustments take the car for a spin weaving a bit to help the springs and coilovers settle in. Measure all 4 corners again... if it's still off drive it for a day or two and measure again. If it's still off make further adjustments.

Mark coilovers using: Permanent Marker or White out...

Any questions... feel free to post or PM me.

Pics from when I had the ksports on... It was low