Got tire patched .. then they gave me a free gift .... jacked up wheel @ MARTINO TIRE

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 04:42 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got tire patched .. then they gave me a free gift .... jacked up wheel @ MARTINO TIRE

So yea not only was the patch freaking 20 dollars, but they dinged up and marked the hell out of one of my TL Type S wheels and looks like they curbed the outter edge, i guess from the mounting machine. THIS WAS AT MARTINO TIRE IN SOUTH FLORIDA (SHERIDAN AND FLAMINGO TO EB EXACT)

anyways the guy goes "Yea thats definately our fault" Then he proceeds to tell me he can have the wheel shipped out and refinished and back to me in two days. This was on Christmas eve. So we run into the following problem

1. Two days ? The next day was Christmas, and the day after was Sunday. Meaning I wasn't getting it back until Tuesday.
2. I'm driving back up to school (3 hours away) on Sunday

So now Im getting agrevated cause i notive the patch wasnt even done properly (yea they messed up the outside and I have documented pcis and what not).

I was under the impression you cant refinish an aluminum wheel with no finish on it to start with? Also if they refinish it, if they can, it wouldnt even match the other three wheels. I dont care who you are but its near impossible to get a wheel to match the others once its refinished.

So what should I ask for when I call corporate ... Im thinking the following, let mek now if you think im out of line

1. Replacement of Wheel
2. Reinspection of patch
3a. Services to keep me as a customer ... ie. free rotation, allignment, and balance.
3b. Monetary award for the situation and use of my time.

I think thats a fair request, im jsut reallyt pissed
Old 12-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Ask for some sort of compensation & reevaluation of the patch. IMO replacing w/ a new wheel is very unlikely since they offered to have it repaired.

Can you post some pics of the damaged wheel? Email them to me if you want me to post them to you.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea ill load them tomorrow ... i thought iwas impossible to frefinish and aluminum wheel ?