bridgestone turenza LS-V

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bridgestone turenza LS-V

hi im buying new tires for my 2002 tl-s and i was thinking about the turenza ls-v. what are your opinions on this tire and are there better ones? thnks alot
Old 08-10-2004, 08:35 PM
10th Gear

I am considering the Turanza as well, but in an H rating this time. Only think I will get 50K out of the OEM Michelin MXV4s (V rated) so I thought I would try an H this time. I never drive over 85 anyways, and if you have one fixed with a plug or whatnot, the manufacturer no longer warrants the speed rating anyways. Consumer Report ranks the Turanza as a "Best Buy."

I am also considering the new Goodyear Assurance Tripletred. H rated again, with a 740 treadwear rating, A traction, but B temp rating. The tire was put on the market in March so there are not many reviews on Tirerack, etc., but it looks sharp.

May have not been much help, but I think the Bridgestone is a "win-win" and the Goodyear a solid bet for 2/3 the price.

David
Old 08-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Instructor

I've got these tires.
What I like about them: great gripping, quiet, nice tire life (I've got about 17K on them with little wear, so far), great in snow and wet.
What I don't like about them: tend to develop flat spots that go avay after driving for shortwhile, sensetive to balance (need very good balancing to feel good when you drive), you will loose "plush" feeling that you have driving lousy OEMs (that is only good side of Michelins).
Old 08-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Intermediate

I had these tires with my 2nd Gen and just loved them. Wears very well and very good dry, wet and snow traction.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Intermediate

thnks for the quick replies. i just ordered the turanza's on tirerack and now i got a call from a guy there saying that those tires are not the best for my car because of the load? im not sure of the exact details because my father talked to him but this is what he told me nebody know anything about this?? ne help is appreciated
Old 08-10-2004, 11:12 PM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
I also have the Turanza LS-H all around in the stock size (205-16), and I've been real pleased with them. If they are what you want, don't let yourself be talked out of them- I also got them from the Tirerack.com for ~ $100 each. The wet traction is very good, and they are quiet tires as well. The wet traction of the Michelins was sometimes unpredictable. I would definetely get them again. I have no complaints after ~15K miles on them.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hartdt
I am considering the Turanza as well, but in an H rating this time. Only think I will get 50K out of the OEM Michelin MXV4s (V rated) so I thought I would try an H this time. I never drive over 85 anyways, and if you have one fixed with a plug or whatnot, the manufacturer no longer warrants the speed rating anyways.
David
Just keep in mind that your car handling designed for specific tire speed rating. V-rated tires have stiffer sidewalls than H-rated. Mounting H-rated tires on your TL most likely will change car steering response and handling. The question is what is more important to each of us: above-mentioned features or extra $$. Make your choice.

Good luck in getting good tires.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Intermediate

thnks alot for all the help and quick replies guys. I ended up changing the tires to yokohama's Avid V4S. Again thanks for the help
Old 08-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Dr. TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Archeat2k
thnks alot for all the help and quick replies guys. I ended up changing the tires to yokohama's Avid V4S. Again thanks for the help
I was going to suggest the Falken Ziex ZE-512s in 235/45/17s that I just got. Great tires but I realized this is exactly the opposite of what you're looking for. It's Z rated and is classified as ultra high performance all season. I did want to mention that I can't peel out anymore and these tires are MUCH quieter than stock. They are supposed to be superb in rain and snow as they have a large groove that goes down the center of the tread. Good choice on the Yokos though. I've heard many good things about them.