AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TL Tires, Wheels & Suspension (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-tires-wheels-suspension-100/)
-   -   Any comments on the following tires??? (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-tires-wheels-suspension-100/any-comments-following-tires-685496/)

AlanW 09-03-2008 03:52 PM

Any comments on the following tires???

Looking for some decent performing inexpensive all-season tires for my 02 TL-S. Something to last a couple of years until I can afford some really nice new wheels & tires. I've read about some popular choices on here, but I haven't seen any mention of these:
(215/50-17s)

Fuzion VRi
Riken Raptor VR
BF Goodrich Traction T/A-V
Kumho Ecsta ASX
Goodyear Eagle GT (new tire-not the Eagle F1)

01tl4tl 09-03-2008 04:03 PM

what is the snowfall like in your area? And the rain?
All season and summer tires are misunderstood in what they are really designed for

Kumho makes a good tire- but going to www.tirerack.com and look up tires for your car, click on a TL icon in the reviews, then it will only give reviews from TL drivers too
Everyone here thinks their choice was the best- and it was for their needs!

AlanW 09-03-2008 04:13 PM

Snow & rain

It rains a pretty fair amount around here (40-50" a year). It only snows (or usually ices) once or twice a year-but when it does-I HAVE TO MAKE IT TO WORK. Just try to make it to work in sleet on summer tires:whyme:

And, I've read Tire Rack reviews until I'm sick.....:ugh: I do read them and factor that in for sure, but I always keep in mind that about half the people are fuckin crazy, idiots, and/or can't drive right to start with....

fsttyms1 09-03-2008 04:20 PM

Tire racks ratings are pretty good. They are the best online tire place to deal with. Alot like the Eagle F1 All season. The yoko V and H4,

Edward'TLS 09-03-2008 06:42 PM

The asymmetric tread pattern on the brand new Eagle GT tires looks wicked. Wonder how well it will perform ?

TLAwesome 09-03-2008 09:13 PM

Alan,

Based upon the weather conditions described, go with the new GT. Its wet traction is awesome, due to huge grooves. A co-worker just got them and said they are phenomenal in the wet.

02type-s 09-03-2008 10:34 PM

I run the Hankook Ventus V4 ES on my stock wheels. They are EXCELLENT in wet, dry, and snow. When its raining and I floor it from a stop, I can barely make it lose traction.

On my 19s, I run Yokohama S-Drives. I just got them, but so far they get a 10/10. (other than running too wide for my low offset)

AlanW 09-04-2008 03:06 PM

I may look closer at the Eagle GTs....the F1 and the Yokos are more moderate priced than cheaper priced. I can drive away with the Kumhos for $429.00 total local, which is going to be hard to beat-even by Tire Rack.

I was really curious about the Fuzion VRi-they are cheap, got all good reviews, but still too new-there were only about 10 reviews done so far.

BLADE RUNNER 09-04-2008 04:00 PM

Go with the Kumhos... I have the the Sports on my car and I love them. Granted, they are a summer tire but they lasted longer that the Yokos AVS-ES, handled better, is quieter and I got my set for around $400. When they are done, I will reorder another set. The are better than the Yokos and Michelins for spirited driving.

tweedle99 09-07-2008 11:47 AM

Kumho ASX is not very good in the snow. Great dry and wet but the sidewall is a bit soft so you will feel a bit leaning around curve or freeway ramp.

Just replaced mine w/ Eagle F1. Worth the price.

ArTL-S 09-07-2008 12:42 PM

I run Fuzion ZR1s on my 02 TL-S and i love them. they get great traction in the rain they are inexspensive compared to others and they look good. they get a 9/10 from me. the only thing i do not like about them is the sidewall feels a little soft for my liking but thats it