Alignment readings, clueless

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 04:27 PM
TLingggggggg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Alignment readings, clueless

I was wondering if this was a drastic difference since I just did an alignment a week ago. All I knew before hand was that the car did pull right but wasnt as drastic as my friend's Maxima lol I dont have the slightest clue on what the reading means but I guess its all about bending each thing to a certain degree.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3...anned02fj5.jpg <--- direct link and plus just click on the pic to zoom in.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
your front toe was slightly off, the rear toe was really off. Did you have any unusual wear? Im wondering why 1 wheel is at 0 camber and the other is at almost -1
Are you lowered at all???
Old 04-04-2007, 08:57 PM
TLingggggggg

Hmm to be honest I wouldnt even know if the tires had any unusually wear cuz I couldnt tell unless I took the whole wheel off right? My car is not lowered at all I have stock shocks and springs to my knowledge since I bought the car used. Only thing I changed was the rims/tires and the tires are 215/45/17 plus the rear looks abit lower then front then again thats probably the way the fenders are cut but some how and some way something doesnt feel right in the back of the car and I know something is off. I did do at 100 plus mph sharp left lane change and pulled the car back hard also dont know if they did anything. Plus I just recently hit one pothole on the driver side taking down two tires(exploding) but the rims are still fine.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, the good thing is you are in spec now all around!!

Basically, the "Actual" is what they corrected it to. The "Before" is what the reading was right before they aligned it.

Example: On the Rear:Left section. This is where my alignment is bad. They cannot correct mine since camber on the rear has very little adjustment if any. So, you were negative 8/10's of a degree from the minium specs. They got you to 5/100's of a degree within factory specs, that's why it's green.

Most of us with lowered cars can get lucky and stay within spec. In my situation, I was able to stay in spec for about 3 years, but now that my lowering springs have settled completely, my rear is almost a full degree out of correctable spec. So, if I want to save my inner edge of my tires, I will need a camber kit now for the rear. My fronts are still well within spec, so a camber kit is not needed.

Your specs look good now, and you should be good to go. You can check for uneven where very easily. Turn your wheels from side to side and use a tread guage on the inner, middle and outer part of the tread. They should all be about the same measurement. Sometimes if it's bad enough, you can just look and tell one side of the tire is more worn downthan the other.

For the rear, just look and see if you notice any cupping or dragging on the inner edges of the tires. You should be able to tell if they aren't wearing evenly.

But again, your specs are great now!!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:32 PM
TLingggggggg

wow haha thanks for the analyst because im a complete noob when it comes to balancing alignment and stuff. It just felt weird and I guess intuition is some how the way I diagnose problems because if it doesnt feel right it just isnt right some how. Thanks for the replies and for educating me.