Acura TL 3.2 1999 Springs, please HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 01:27 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura TL 3.2 1999 Springs, please HELP!!!

Dear Friends,

I am looking for stock OEM Acura TL 3.2 1999 Springs. The car I've bought has extensive suspension work done on it. It looks nice but with my commute I'd rather have it back to its normal birth suspension. I'm an ammature at this, I don't know whether to trade my entire sport suspension with someone who can offer me stock suspension; or if I should just purchase stock suspension from somebody here and just get that put in place on my car. Please advise. I need to get this done fast before I break my car! I am based in San Jose, California.

Thanks,

Shaky
Old 07-19-2006, 06:58 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Shaky, how bad are the roads you're driving on? do you want stock ride because the suspension is too stiff in your tl and you find it uncomfortable or are you worried about damaging the car due to extremely bad potholes, dips, bumps, etc.?

you have several options:

1. buy a replacement stock suspension, swap it in and sell your performance stuff to recoup some money.

2. replace your existing shocks with stock honda shocks for a softer ride and keep your springs for the looks (i'm assuming they're drop springs)

3. do nothing because you like the handling and just be careful about the roads you're on.

fill us in on what the issue you're having is and we will try to help you.

SSTS
Old 07-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Angry Half-Black Man

Where in San Jose are you driving? I didn't think the roads were that bad around here.

I have my springs from my 02 TL-S sitting around if you want them. I'm not sure, but they should fit on a 99. Only thing is they will be a little stiffer than 99 stock springs but it should be about the same ride height as stock.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:55 PM
5th Gear

Invoices to the work done on my TL

Invoice # 1:

Honda Twin LPG Sport KONI F
8041-1257SP4 EXT ADJ Front

Honda Twin LPG Sport KONI R
8041-1257SP1 EXT ADJ Rear

Twin Tube Low Pressure Gas
Externally Adjustable
Shock Absorber
Features Adjustable Spring
Seat for ride height adjust.
Approx rear 25mm.
Adjustable spring perch ca
lower car.
------------------------------------------------------------

Invoice # 2:

Racing Hart Type C%
18 * 7.5 5 * 114 EVO 44 Silver
NITTO NT555 EXTREME
225-40-ZR-18
Mounting and Balancing.
Neuspeed Springs For
Acura TL 3.2 99' Sport.
SPrings/Shocks
Installation.

Incoive # 3:

A customer request install front comptech camber kit
doc installed s/o comptech camber adjustment kit
57 hughes, mike LIC#EB305802
2 230020 TL camber kit
Lube WW IN11104995 PO 39652

End.

Thank you all so much for taking out the time to help me out. Above is some of the work that has been done on this car. Just to give you guys a better picture.

I took it in to a shop yesterday and here is what I've been told: These are adjustable coilovers but they are at present set at their maximum height. They've told me that one of my options is to get the stock springs and get those installed. They did not say anything about shocks, whether or not those also will be needed along with the stock springs. Another thing they advised was that I could swap the entire suspension swapped with somebody who wants it and can offer me the stock suspension.

I do like the stability and road grip this suspension offers but my mobility has to be comprimised. Recently I was on 280 North bound, and I was going to get onto the 87-south ramp. The front right wheel landed in some bump and this seriously damaged the wheel. It is now cracked. I do fear that honest mistakes or unforseen bumps will further damage the car; hence, my desire for the stock suspension.

Then the shop owners went on to tell me that with the stock suspension my wheels will make the car look "funny." And that I should opt for stock wheels as well; and see if somebody can swap with me and also perhaps pay me a little cash for the wheels to compensate for. I asked my friend what he thinks about this and he said that "funny" is a relative term, and it's all a matter of opinion.

I am now just going to leave myself at the mercy of you knowledgeable people.

Thank you very much for your willingness to help.

Shaky.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Angry Half-Black Man

Sorry to hear about your wheel. If you want my springs I am local so we could meet up or I could deliver. But like I said before they are from an 02 Type-S, one of the guys on this site should be able to tell you if they will work for your car. As for the wheels I can't help you there, I plan on keeping my stock ones "just in case".

I won't be near a computer again until Monday, so if you do send me a message or reply to this post don't get mad if I don't aswer until then.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:52 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by slice
Sorry to hear about your wheel. If you want my springs I am local so we could meet up or I could deliver. But like I said before they are from an 02 Type-S, one of the guys on this site should be able to tell you if they will work for your car. As for the wheels I can't help you there, I plan on keeping my stock ones "just in case".

I won't be near a computer again until Monday, so if you do send me a message or reply to this post don't get mad if I don't aswer until then.
Hey Slice,

Thank You for your prompt reply. I don't know if this message will reach you before Monday, I asked my friend and he said that the type S will work.

Give me a call, we can go over the details on the phone. 408-307-8146

Thanks,
Old 07-21-2006, 02:00 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Many have swapped out their stock suspension for aftermarket shock/springs. You can easily obtain a pair by posting a WTB in the BLACK MARKET forum. While there you can also sell your extensive suspension setup.
Good luck.
BTW - Welcome to Acurazine!