Trying to find..Customer Service..trannys

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:25 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to find..Customer Service..trannys

I had seen on the forum some time ago about a thread that had contact info for acura customer service to contact BEFORE taking the car to the dealer when you have Tranny problems.

02 Tl-S

Tranny is starting to make it's final decent...should not be long now.

I have searched and searched but i have not found anything. If anyone could help that would be great. I do not want to go to the dealer and hear some story.......gets old.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
an 02- as long as you dont have SALVAGE TITLE then you have the warranty
The dealer sees so many of these they dont hassle you, unless you have some crazy homemade supercharger or racing slick tires on the car

The dont care about CAI kits or shocks or stuff like that except its a fun car to test drive

The ~call acura first~ is for problem cars out of miles-time-vin range, thats not you
Call and make an appointment
What symptoms exactly are you having? what miles?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
register here
https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?brand=acura

call 1-800-382-2238 x5 register as new owner and mention trans prob, just to document it
Ask if any outstanding warranty or service issues for your car

Have VIN number in hand for both
Dealer will say 100$ diagnosis fee- dont worry- warranty covers it.
Read the symptoms list on the acura.com site too- just to be sure
Old 11-19-2007, 09:02 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!

it is a 02 with 81k. No mods just a daily driver.

I get a BIG shudder in the 2-3 shift and it feels like the something is going to fall out the bottom of the car.....a real nice one this AM. Scares the crap out of you. Not all the time but enough. The problem is that i probably could not duplicate it for the dealer. Would that be an issue?

also, if i drive in 5th around town i can see the tach jump 200 RPM and the car has this slight surge in speed.....up...down...up down like I am feathering the throttle. Or more importantly like the torque converter is in a constant state of locking and unlocking. Drives me crazy. I leave in 4th in town.

Lastly i will get a rise in the RPM betweens 1-2-3 shifts more often. Seems to be getting worse. So I just want to get it fixed before it leaves me stranded. Or the wife and baby, winter is here no time for that to happen.