Tripple Threat - Wont Idle, AC/Heat stopped working and Tach not responsive

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 07:55 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tripple Threat - Wont Idle, AC/Heat stopped working and Tach not responsive

All three of these symptoms started essentially at the same time. After parking, running into a store to get 1 item and returning, the car would not idle, and after dying several times before I could get going, the AC/Heat system stopped responding and is completely off, then at some point during this chaos, the tach quit working. I'm thinking I have an electrical problem. But where to start? No ODBII codes now or pending.

Ideas?
Old 05-25-2017, 11:54 AM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Weird. Did you leave the car running? If so maybe it overheated but I doubt it. First and easy thing to check is under the glove box; is the harness that connects to the cabin filter all melted? If so, that's your heating/air problem and its a common problem and fix.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:14 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by bhunter736
All three of these symptoms started essentially at the same time. After parking, running into a store to get 1 item and returning, the car would not idle, and after dying several times before I could get going, the AC/Heat system stopped responding and is completely off, then at some point during this chaos, the tach quit working. I'm thinking I have an electrical problem. But where to start? No ODBII codes now or pending.

Ideas?
This is for your AC issue...

https://joshsworld.com/cars/acura-tl-blower-stopped-working-fix/
Old 06-03-2017, 10:33 PM
2nd Gear

Thank you for the feedback. I solved it today. As usual, electrical becomes a witch hunt. The IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) had failed internally, rather than getting mechanically stuck it had an electrical problem. Replacing the IACV fixed everything. Bizzar. Thankfully I started my hunt with the idle because it was the very first symptom.