remote control programming

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 04:48 PM
type-S is for SPEED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy remote control programming

Anyone know how to program a 2002 TL type S? I bought 2 new ones on ebay and the dealer wants a minimum of $40.00! Thanks!
Old 10-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Intermediate

These transmitters are integrated into the Driver's Position Memory System. When the doors are unlocked with the remote transmitter, memory 1 or memory 2 in the DPMS is activated, depending on the transmitter used. When the driver's door is opened, the seat and mirrors move to the positions stored in the activated memory.

DPMS activation can be turned oft and on. Press and hold the "LOCK" and "UNLOCK" buttons at the same time. The LED blinks twice to show that the feature has been turned off. Repeating this procedure, the LED comes on for 1 second to show that the feature has been turned on.

Programming the Transmitter

NOTES: ^ This system accepts up to three transmitters. The transmitter codes are stored in a stacking-type memory. If a fourth transmitter code is programmed, the code for the first transmitter will be erased.

^ Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must reprogram all the transmitters once you're in the programming mode.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).

2. Within 4 seconds, press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the transmitter. Make sure the transmitter is aimed at the receiver above the glove box.

3. Within 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).

4. Repeat steps 1 2, and 3 two more times. Use the same transmitter used in step 2.

5. Within 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch to ON (II).

6. Within 4 seconds, press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the same transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in programming mode. Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button again.

7. Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on each transmitter you want to program. Make sure the power door locks cycle after you push each transmitter button to confirm that the system accepted the transmitter's code.

8. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit the programming mode.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:48 AM
type-S is for SPEED

Great thanks! You sound like you know what you are doing. So I guess my next questions are... Do I need to program seat 1 and the seat 2? and why would I need a third, is it possibly one without memory a seat memory assigned that only unlocks the doors and disarms the alarm such as a valet?? And what is the DPMS (dual position memory seats?)?

Thanks for the help! I'm waiting on remote for seat 1, just received seat 2 today and was thinking of purchasing a no seat assigned as well for valet. Thoughts?
Freeman
Old 10-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Intermediate

I programmed seat 1 for myself, and seat 2 for my wife. Seat 3 may be for the valet, but I am not sure. If you give the valet a transmitter, then the trunk can be opened. With the glove box locked, and the master switch in the glove box turned off then the trunk cant be opened with only the valet key. DPMS is drivers position memory system. If you are the only driver, then you can use seat 1 or seat 2.