looking for logical TCS light issue after tranny rebuild.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 07:18 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for logical TCS light issue after tranny rebuild.

2002 TLS with 250K and we just had the transmission rebuilt.

The issue is that the Traction control exclamation light is on.

It won't turn off by pushing the traction switch.

The car is in another city, my daughter drives it and when she went back to the tranny shop they said it probably was due to air pressure in her tires.

I am thinking that when they put the transmission back in they neglected to connect a plug? I see there are two by the throttle bodies.

There are no codes being thrown transmission or engine.

They are going to be bummed when they hear its not the air pressure in the tires

The cruise works but I don't know about the ABS.

I am waiting on feedback from my daughter on the ABS.

I would like to be able to have her go back to the transmission shop and ask them to check logical options to get the traction control working again.

I realize that it would be helpful to have more information, for now I am just looking for the logical issues caused by a transmission rebuild.

thanks
Old 01-24-2016, 09:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Its not the Air pressure in the tires. Did she bring it in to verify there are no cel codes? It could be something as simple as something unplugged, or a sensor damaged or broken during the rebuild/removal of the trans
Old 02-12-2016, 06:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The car was a dissaster

The car was terrible it kept going into limp mode. all the lights were on and I had to manually shift low to get engine speed up so it wouldn't shudder.

Replaced all spark plugs with NGK iridium. seafoam in the tank to get the burnt rubber smell going. VSA and ABS not working.

had multiple misfire codes.

Turned out the whole problem was a bad #5 coil. the other systems shut down when engine doesn't run rite.

replaced coil reset ecu and the car drives like it is brand new.

Happy with the TL again.

I also caulked the tail lights. nice to have a dry trunk.