Acura TL 99, idle issues after heavy rain

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 03:50 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura TL 99, idle issues after heavy rain

Hi guys

I have a problem with my acura, yesterday we had a severe rain, and I had to drive through a 1-2 feet of water, nothing had happened to me before, I drove normally for 3 km or so, the when I was at my work, my car just died, after 30 secs of waiting it was able to start, I drove to the parking lot, when I select reverse and stopped, it died again, then 30 sec latter it can be turned on again so I leave it all afternoon until midnight while I was on my shift, hoping that dries a little, even when it was still raining a bit, at midnight I went home, it started ok, but on my dashboard, the TCS light popped and after that I had to loose the gas due a red-light, the rpm dropped to 1000 and the engine died again, again after 30 sec it turned on, no lights on dashboard, I drove a while, TCS popped and engine died when rpm dropped.

And this circle repeats.

So my car cranks and engine starts, after a few minutes 3-5 min, TCS light comes on, and if rpm went down to idle, it dies.

If I keep driving it doesn't dies

Do you guys think that it the Idle or acceleration body?, there is no water inside the engine, I checked by removing the sparkplugs and nothing.

Any ideas?