Factory alarm sounds for no reason

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Factory alarm sounds for no reason

Hey everyone, so I am awaken by my factory alarm at around 5am this morning, so I ran downstairs and all I saw was a cat standing by my car, so I check out my car, everything appears to be fine, then I press the button on the remote twice and as we all know the second click on the button should activate the alarm and you will hear a beep unless your trunk, door, hood is open, everything was completely closed and still no beep with the second click which means my alarm is not activated. Any suggestions, could my factory alarm be failing?
Old 08-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
Chk. any pin switches for the trunk lid & hood.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Pro

Thanks, can you clarify?
Old 08-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Pro

C'mon guys, can anyone else give some input, I've checked my trunk, hood, doors, I even hit the panic button and the alarm came on so it does work, I just cant engage it with the second click of the button (no horn sound)
Old 08-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Srb
00 ssm

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Gas lid closed? When you say you checked did you only look at it? If so, try opening and then fully closing doors, hood and trunk. And I always thought the alarm was armed once you locked the car on one push of the button. The beep is just letting you know it's already locked and everything's fully closed. I never looked much into it but that's how I always assumed it was.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Drifting

Did you chk. any switches w/ a meter? Are they tight? Any corrosion? Dnload the manual if you can't find them.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Srb
Gas lid closed? When you say you checked did you only look at it? If so, try opening and then fully closing doors, hood and trunk. And I always thought the alarm was armed once you locked the car on one push of the button. The beep is just letting you know it's already locked and everything's fully closed. I never looked much into it but that's how I always assumed it was.
I always do the second click to be sure the alarm is ingaged, and I do not get the horn sound, also the alarm will just go off for no reason what so ever, this is getting annoying, I dont have a manual, can someone point out where I should check?
Old 08-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 194 Posts
The hood latch is most likeky the culprit. Disconnect the 2 wire connector that goes to it and jumper them together. A paper clip will work if you've got nothing better. Tape it up so it can't contact any metal, and try to set your alarm. It should set, chirp, little warning light flash, etc. Try it that way for a few days, and if all is well, buy and install a new hood latch. You could try cleaning and lubing the old one.[no idea if it would work] or leave it bypassed with your hood unprotected and everything else operational.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by TLer trash
The hood latch is most likeky the culprit. Disconnect the 2 wire connector that goes to it and jumper them together. A paper clip will work if you've got nothing better. Tape it up so it can't contact any metal, and try to set your alarm. It should set, chirp, little warning light flash, etc. Try it that way for a few days, and if all is well, buy and install a new hood latch. You could try cleaning and lubing the old one.[no idea if it would work] or leave it bypassed with your hood unprotected and everything else operational.
Thanks for the advise, I will give it a shot tonight, I will keep you guys updated.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:57 AM
Pro

Angry

Ok, so everything was good until yesterday, stupid alarm starting sounding again for no apparent reason, I've done everything, a little fed up now, can someone please tell me how to deactivate it, do I need to take out a fuse, anything to do to stop this, it's driving me insane, I've resorted to disconnecting my battery so that I could go to sleep last night!!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Hitlayers
Thanks for the advise, I will give it a shot tonight, I will keep you guys updated.
What about this?? What have you done to isolate the problem? Did you try what TLer trash suggested? The alarm could be working properly; something is probably triggering it.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by totaledTL
What about this?? What have you done to isolate the problem? Did you try what TLer trash suggested? The alarm could be working properly; something is probably triggering it.
Of course, that's why I'm loosing patience with this, I will gladly try any other suggestions, but until then I need to deactivate it.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:37 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by TLer trash
Just to confirm I did the correct thing, you are referring to the two tiny wires that go behind the hood latch, correct? I think one is blue and the other is red?
Old 08-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Open each door one at a time. Does the dome light come on with each door you open?
Trunk, does the trunk light come on when you open it? Does it stay on when its closed?
When doing the hood switch with paperclip, did you make sure it made contact inside the connector?
Old 08-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by Hitlayers
Just to confirm I did the correct thing, you are referring to the two tiny wires that go behind the hood latch, correct? I think one is blue and the other is red?
Yeah, the two little wires that plug into the latch. I've never heard anyone else bitch, but I think they're a pain in the ass to get to.