Disconnected trans ground and two unplugged but non-matching cables in engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 07:10 PM
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
Question Disconnected trans ground and two unplugged but non-matching cables in engine bay

Hey fellas, I had some time to kill today so I figured I'd check on some engine grounds before it got dark, and then do the rest of them later.
I did the one that goes from the battery (-) terminal to the front of the chassis, and the one on the driver's-side of the air filter box successfully. I followed the air-filter box one down to where it should connect to the transmission, and saw this:

Below is a pic of where I assume it should go, but I wanted to check with ya'll before I go start bolting negative cables to things nilly-willy:

It was getting dark and I was only able to grab those pics thanks to the flash on my phone, so I couldn't get a good look on the holes. From the images, it seems like the one to our left in the second picture is where the bolt would go to attach that ground. Am I on the right track?

While I was looking around for grounds, I saw these two cables as well:

Below is another picture where you can see their ends:

The lower one looks like it's just a terminator, but I'm still curious if anyone can tell me what it is, and why it's there? The top one definitely looks like a connector, but I'm not sure where it would go.
Anyone familiar enough with our engine's wiring to point me in the right direction from these? Maybe one of you fantastic fellas could take a peak inside their engines and help me compare?
For reference, this is on a '99 TL-P.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 10-21-2018, 12:06 PM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As a Proud Owner of 2 2nd Generation Acura Tl Great cars I usally use youtube for any related issues .Glad your Awarness is good the firs issue ground strap hook eye .Should be Bolted to the Tyrans where you indicated as long as there is a bit of slack not Tight tension on the strap it will be fine .Second the connectors Are for Technicians to Connect to Service Industry Software At Authorized Service Centers Computers for Diagnostic Tezting Nothing Needed there they are supposed to be there Good Luck .
Old 10-21-2018, 12:13 PM
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
Yeah, I ended up comparing the cables to those I saw at the junkyard, and managed to score a replacement bolt to secure that trans ground.

Thanks for the info on the other connectors!