For anyone who's had paint work on their 2g

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009 | 06:28 PM
4th Gear

For anyone who's had paint work on their 2g

Hi all,
I'm new here, my name's Matt and I have a '99 MBP TL. I bought it almost 2 years ago now with 135k on it and a few scratches for a pretty good deal. It's mostly stock I just added the factory wing and debadged all except the Acura symbol.
Anyways, as I said, there were a few scratches on it when I got it, and, through a series of unfortunate events I'll say, it has accumulated a few more, including a large paint crack area on the rear bumper from someone who backed into me and drove away when it was parked. I need to get some professional paint work done because it is really a shame to see such a nice paint job otherwise butchered in a few places. If anyone has had any paint work done to their car, such as by body panel or even a whole repaint, could you let me know what you paid for it or at least give me what you think a reasonable estimate to be looking at is? I just would like to know from someone who has had paint work on a TL so I can avoid getting dicked around by the body/paint shops.
Thanks, and I look forward to meeting you guys and hope that I can be enlightened by some of your rich knowledge about TL's ( I already think I know what to do with my overheating problem from looking at these forums).

-Matt
Old 06-14-2009 | 01:34 AM
S E L L

Seriously though, pictures would be helpful to determine an answer for you.
Old 06-14-2009 | 01:38 AM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Originally Posted by Gfaze

Seriously though, pictures would be helpful to determine an answer for you.
Old 06-14-2009 | 11:43 AM
4th Gear

Ok I hear you guys. I'll take some pics specifically of the paint damage. I have pics of the car but none show the scratches too well.
While I'm doing that, I'll try to describe it in the meantime. Passenger's side has one long keyed scratch on it and a few other deep scratches on the rear door at least a few inches long. Driver's side corner of rear bumper has a section of paint scraped off that is about as big as a fist or even bigger. Also, trunklid near the Acura badge has a small but deep scratch due to me being negligent and stupid while shoveling snow near the car.
For some of these deep scratches, would I need a whole new body panel do you think rather than just getting a repaint (Dents are very minimal if any on the car, just scratches) ?? Thanks, and I'll get going on those pics.