3rd gen tl type s 2nd gen tlp trans/engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 10:21 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd gen tl type s 2nd gen tlp trans/engine swap

I got a 2003 tlp it’s my first car and the trans is pretty much done, I can get a scrap 2008 tl type s 70k miles for a low price, I’ve been reading all the forums I can find but no one has tried this and everyone who has asked gets told it’s not worth it. But the only problems is the ecu, is it not possible to change them or it just won’t be plug n play n will require electrical work? Go easy on me in just a kid wit a dream thanks🤘🏾
Old 02-23-2022, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The following is posted at the top of the New Member Introductions Forum: Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Since this is a topic/technical issue which will require replies and discussion, this thread has been moved from the New Member Introductions Forum to the model specific forum for better response.

The following users liked this post:
they called me a madman (02-23-2022)
Old 02-23-2022, 07:52 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
Welcome to the forums.

The following is posted at the top of the New Member Introductions Forum: Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Since this is a topic/technical issue which will require replies and discussion, this thread has been moved from the New Member Introductions Forum to the model specific forum for better response.
got it