2000 TLP NAVIGATION Error .... Grrrrrrr!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 TLP NAVIGATION Error .... Grrrrrrr!!!

So - I have had my fill... About ready to pound a fist into my nav screen and tear the drive out and run it over....

I have posted on this before, and searched and searched again...

ERROR MESSAGE ABOUT AN UNFORMATTED DVD - NAV DOES NOT WORK

Happening only when I actually need to use the friggin thing... I called acura, and the lovely sales lady who of course was doing her job, said "oh you just need the new version of the dvd..." Im not entirely convinced. I do want the new disc, but im not going to spend $200 to find it didn't solve anything.

Heres my idea, I know a few of you guys have been successful at making functional back up copies of various versions of the BLACK DVD - Can someone hook me up with a back up copy for cheap so I can test the idea of just needing to update??? I want the new version, but honestly, 2.2 or 2.3 "should" be enough to rule in or rule out the need for an updated disc... right?

IF ANYONE HAS ANOTHER SUGGESTION - As in you "had" the problem and fixed it - TELL YOUR FELLOW MAN THE DEAL!!! I beg of you....

If someone can hook up a working copy, toss me a PM and lets talk as I know the open conversations are frowned upon.

Thanks people!!!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 11:24 AM
6th Gear

TSB (Technical Service Bulletin)

I found several TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins) on Edmunds.com that reference navi problemes for second generation acura tl's; I don't know if that means they are required to fix it, but it is information that might be useful...
Old 09-30-2007, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by baddbenny
So - I have had my fill... About ready to pound a fist into my nav screen and tear the drive out and run it over....

I have posted on this before, and searched and searched again...

ERROR MESSAGE ABOUT AN UNFORMATTED DVD - NAV DOES NOT WORK

Happening only when I actually need to use the friggin thing... I called acura, and the lovely sales lady who of course was doing her job, said "oh you just need the new version of the dvd..." Im not entirely convinced. I do want the new disc, but im not going to spend $200 to find it didn't solve anything.

Heres my idea, I know a few of you guys have been successful at making functional back up copies of various versions of the BLACK DVD - Can someone hook me up with a back up copy for cheap so I can test the idea of just needing to update??? I want the new version, but honestly, 2.2 or 2.3 "should" be enough to rule in or rule out the need for an updated disc... right?

IF ANYONE HAS ANOTHER SUGGESTION - As in you "had" the problem and fixed it - TELL YOUR FELLOW MAN THE DEAL!!! I beg of you....

If someone can hook up a working copy, toss me a PM and lets talk as I know the open conversations are frowned upon.

Thanks people!!!!!

I dont know were to find a black disc but i have a 2000 with a nav in it and mine has done that a couple of times but its only when i close the trunk hard im not sure why but thats just how it is. Do you have trouble with the nav like youll be driving on one street and i shows that your driving through streets its like it has trouble locating and the street i was driving on i no it was there long before 2000 and also i seems that my POI thing doesnt work every number i try its says invaild and all any help Thanks