03 Hid Headlight damaged by dealership

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 01:39 PM
03 TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Hid Headlight damaged by dealership

I had a problem with the left headlight. Pinkish & Flickering. Took to local dealeship. Under warrenty Inverter was claimed to be the problem. Tech took bulb out to inspected as well. Car was returned headlight and failed within 10 seconds of startup. It was after hours service closed and took car home. I inspected the Headlight day after and was to replace it myself. When I opened the cover to the low beam, I discovered that the springclip was broken and the light bulb was not sitting flush in the housing. In addidtion there is a tab that hold the spring clip in place that was gone as well. The problem is the dealership may not cover the damage (new headlight assembly). I believe that the technican damaged the part and slapped it together. If I didn't inspect the headlight, I might not have known there was damage. In the event the dealer won't repair who can I call to pressure them into living up to their blunder.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
You got to try to talk to the dealer first and see how they handle it. Did they do anything with the headlight at all for the repair or maintenance they did? Evidently, they did damage the headlight since parts are damaged and missing, but it is hard to argue.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Back to the dealer IMMEDIATLY
SPEAK IN PERSON only WITH THE SERVICE MANAGER
Show them the car and explain the light failed right after repair and this is what you found inside
They will take care of it, and give you a loaner car in the meantime
If the unit had been opened before- by you- the tech would have noted the existing damage and required parts to fix it.

On a ziners 02 TL that had JUST come from dealer working on the brakes where they "removed the front calipers and lubed assembly",
Then I pulled a wheel- lugs at 132 foot pounds of torque- spec is 80
Next found 1 of the 2 bolts that hold brake caliper on, was MISSING
ooooops
and of course the other bolt was way past spec on torque as well.
So techs make mistakes-get in a hurry- have the helper kid working on the job....
Old 02-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Im curious- where did you find replacement D2R HID bulbs on short notice?
Most of us have to order online from azine vendor Excelerate or the bay for other brands
Old 02-02-2008, 07:57 PM
03 TL-S

I got the D2R from the parts dept (in stock). I work pt for a body shop. Paid $109.00 for the bulb. I've read that I should replace both due to brightness irregularities.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:01 AM
03 TL-S

I wanted to give other members of this site the heads up on the result with the complaint to the dealer. The dealer did replace the headlight assembly @ no charge. We had to complain and were without our TL-S for several days. They did not admit to damaging our vehicle. Always inspect the work that anyone does on your acura. I say this because. If I wouldn't have had to open the headlight due to the bulb issue the damage would not have been discovered until another headlight failure. I imagine then it wouldn't have been dealer error. Persistance and an immediate complaint was our saving grace.