03 Acura TL 3.2 Type S. Experiencing problems with the ABS, VSA and /!\ indicators

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 08:29 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Acura TL 3.2 Type S. Experiencing problems with the ABS, VSA and /!\ indicators

I've been suffering from a recent amount of ABS errors and am trying to track down the problem.

The following codes I've retrieved over the past couple weeks of clearing the codes and driving for a while to see what is most prevalent.

51-01 ABS Pump Motor Failure (x2) (3 weeks ago) (2 weeks ago)
43-01 ABS Right rear wheel lock (x1) (3 weeks ago)
18-01 ABS Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Failure (x2) (3 weeks ago) (2 weeks)
53-01 ABS Pump Motor Relay Short Circuit 2. Motor Relay stuck on 1. (Today)
72-01 ABS 1. Modulator Unit failure. 2. Steering Angle sensor failure (Today)

I've tested the ABS power relay for continuity and its reading good and I have no blown fuses in the ABS fuse box. I've tried unplugging the battery for a few hours and reconnecting. Is there something I'm missing that I should be doing? Should I replace the wheel sensor on the left rear wheel?

Any help is very much appreciated as I'm stressing out pretty badly at the fact I've been digging through google and these kinds of websites hoping to find something I can do. Thanks for your time!
Old 07-05-2016, 05:33 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its probably your abs module i went and had the dealer look at mine they said it was bad
Old 07-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
For DTC 51, the manual says to clear the code, then drive the car. If the code comes back, replace the ABS/TCS module. The other codes are a bit more involved so I would d/l the service manual if you want to try to track them down, but it could all be due to a bad module.