01 TL jerks on highway speeds?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 TL jerks on highway speeds?

Before i go on with the problem, i just wanna state all the problems.

Scanner says,
-Bad or blocked intake/exhaust. -not fixed
-Heated/bad o2 sensor. -not fixed
Something with a high voltage (could be the o2 sensor again? not sure lol)
-Bad/clogged injectors -Fixed (the old one was so bad, tiny piece was falling out from the sprayer tip, i think there might still be tiny pieces left in the injector hole)
-Misfire on cylinder 1, 2 and random misfire -Fixed? (I got all the coils replaced already)
-Spark plug with different kind! but its all NGK. ? below mileage. I asked some other people and say that shouldnt be too much of a problem unless they were really old.
-and a possible vacc leak on the top IM plate.

**Alright, so after i replaced the injectors/coils. it still misfire? but not as bad now. what it feels like when you first start it up. you can fill/hear it popping every few seconds but it doesnt feel or seem like a ACTUAL missfire? the guy that owned before me seem to had pump unleaded 87 fuel the whole time he owned it. and i just recently be pumping preimium 91 oct. what i believe is a bad fuel filter not getting enough fuel to the chamber to get enough highway speds thats why its bogging down?
Ok, so it just started happening when i switched out the coils. it started up PERFECT! thought it was gonna be the end of it! but no... no..no..... i send my friends home and went back home to get dress and shower. started up the car (didnt notice the popping feel or noise) hit the highway and it start bogging and jerking and all kinda things. and i got really really sad that i though ti had fixed it. went out too the car the next moring and started it up. starts perfect. but after 5-10 seconds it starts to sound like pop-corn popping. and from the exhaust you can fill it popping also. so what you guys thing is wrong? fuel filter or fuel pump?