Yeedatoy's progress thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 10:01 PM
kill you till you die

Received 46 Likes on 46 Posts
I used the MotorKing motor and tranny mounts from Ebay, and threw on the Ingalls ETD to help keep the motor in place a bit more.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:02 PM
kill you till you die

Originally Posted by Msouza91
Nice car is the color pearl white or white?

White diamond pearl. The car is actually lower now and the stock front lip is on. I've just been too lazy to take pics
Old 02-26-2012, 12:01 PM
kill you till you die

Off topic, but came across this from a few years back when my buddies and I we're trying to break into the Charlotte Hip-hop scene. Unfortunately we didn't promote guns,drugs and slapping bitches enough to make it big.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:06 PM
3.2TL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey yeeeda...you wanna check to see if you can fix my power steering pump?

Just got my timing belt changed and now the pump is making noise. The belt might be too tight.

Isn't there some tensioner pulley thats towards the bottom thats out of view?

I'm like 30 mins from Charlotte.

It Might have Air in it and i tried everything on this website to try to take it out...Turkey baster to remove all liquid down to the screen. refilled again..put cardboard under the tires and turned wheels lock to lock PLENTY of times...i also tried to loosen the belt by loosening the bolt that is visible in the cut out on the engine cover.

Or maybe you know someone ?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:20 PM
B A N N E D

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ThreePointTwoTeeEl

Just got my timing belt changed and now the pump is making noise. The belt might be too tight.

It Might have Air in it and i tried everything on this website to try to take it out...Turkey baster to remove all liquid down to the screen. refilled again..put cardboard under the tires and turned wheels lock to lock PLENTY of times...i also tried to loosen the belt by loosening the bolt that is visible in the cut out on the engine cover.

it depends what kind of noise its makeing to. i just had to replace my tensioner and belt sound like a grinding noise cause barings going out so when it spins it makes noise. prolly just need to see if thats makein to noise.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:27 PM
kill you till you die

What does it sound like?
Old 03-01-2012, 10:29 PM
kill you till you die

Modz on the cheap, chrome and Di-noc..yeah I need to clean my interior

Old 03-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your shifter looks normal (height wise). Mine is kinda short and when I put it to 1st gear, my shift knob hits and squeeze through looking like it's gonna crack.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:52 PM
3.2TL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yeedatoy
What does it sound like?
It's a whining sound from the power steering pump itself.

I might end up getting a power steering pump from the junkyard this week and see if it changes. I have a feeling the sound will stay the same.

I had to change my alternator about a year ago, and i went ahead and changed some other belts (not the timing belt). When i changed the alternator my power steering pump starting making the same noise its making now.

about 2 months later i got my tensioner pulley replaced...and magically the sound went away.

---------------------

I'm taking a guess that I'm going to have to change this NEW tensioner pulley that just got put on during this timing belt service or somehow loosen the belts.

I read that someone said the tension of the belt on the power steering pump should have some give to it. Normal pressure should make the belt go in about the thickness of the pulley which is about 2/8 of an inch. We'll see what happens.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:00 PM
kill you till you die

It's a whining sound from the power steering pump itself.

I might end up getting a power steering pump from the junkyard this week and see if it changes. I have a feeling the sound will stay the same.

I had to change my alternator about a year ago, and i went ahead and changed some other belts (not the timing belt). When i changed the alternator my power steering pump starting making the same noise its making now.

about 2 months later i got my tensioner pulley replaced...and magically the sound went away.

---------------------

I'm taking a guess that I'm going to have to change this NEW tensioner pulley that just got put on during this timing belt service or somehow loosen the belts.

I read that someone said the tension of the belt on the power steering pump should have some give to it. Normal pressure should make the belt go in about the thickness of the pulley which is about 2/8 of an inch. We'll see what happens.

If the belt is too tight it will cause the power steering pump to fail. My guess is that they tightened it too much. loosen the belt a bit and see what happens.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:30 PM
kill you till you die

New mod!.....thanks to all who bought my parts in the Black Market, 2.5 down and 4 hrs left.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:34 AM
3 pedals in my 99 TL

Received 178 Likes on 156 Posts
lol I know on the elbows that felt good. ur tat looks nice man, planning on color? any up coming mods for the car?
The following users liked this post:
yeedatoy (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 07:37 AM
kill you till you die

Yeah the whole arm will be color. I had no idea the elbow would hurt until it was too late, but once you've had your ribs done nothing is too bad anymore! As for the car, I have a front lip I'd like to take under the dremel and see what I can come up with, and a retrofit in the back of my mind for these opened spare headlights I have.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:23 PM
3 pedals in my 99 TL

Received 178 Likes on 156 Posts
Nice man! Yea I know the ribs hurts the worst I have mine done too. Worst pain ever haha. But sounds good can't wait to see what you come up with for the car
Old 03-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Flagship Aspec

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Ribs aint shit after the underside of the arm fellas, I'm 40 hours in to a sleeve as well. Shit looks good man good luck.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:04 PM
kill you till you die

Well I'll say goodbye for now guys, may post some items in the black market though. My ex came to me 7 weeks pregnant. I traded the TL in 3 days later for a more suitable car for a child....a week later she miscarried. I was stuck with a 2005 Jeep without much desire to mod it so I hit Craigslist for a project car and became a traitor twice in a row. Never thought I'd see the day where all of my Hondas were gone. It was fun guys, thanks for all the help. Here's the new ride

Old 11-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,458 Likes on 4,979 Posts
I expect a build thread for the Fox in car talk....
Old 11-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Drifting

Received 223 Likes on 195 Posts
oh wow... not too long ago i was wondering where you went.... especially after you posted ur 2g with prelude wheels

u gonna start a new thread or continue this one with ur new ride?